Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit (10593 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Buhari, Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Colonial Masters, Says Bakare / Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-east Economic, Security Summit— Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by AK72: 8:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Igbo leaders self..........they don't even know what they want. Give them little money they will turn against each other. Buhari should free Nnamdi KANU as directed by the court first b4 every other summit or gullibility of south eastenr elders.

RentALodge:
Interestingly, this could be a case of the best and the worst President Nigeria has ever had. Obasanjo with all of his many faults, and oh they are exceedingly many, is arguably Nigeria's best President (not as head of State), while it is visible to the blind that Buhari is already gunning for the worst leader we've ever had. I don't need to tell you all about what the country is facing at this time.

Before you shout on me about Obasanjo, let me reiterate that Obasanjo is very flawed. In fact, for him to be reckoned as the best President shows how very low our standards are in Nigeria. That being said, let me list out some of his achievements that convinced me that he should be in the debate as the best leader ever to preside over this nation:

1. Obasanjo established the EFCC and ICPC and also strengthened the Code of Conduct Bureau to fight corruption in Nigeria. Criminals, from top politicians like Tafa Balogun, Bode George to swindlers and internet fraudsters have been sent to jail by these agencies.

2. Foreign reserve when Obasanjo came into power was just $2 billion in 1999. But when he was leaving office by 2007, foreign reserve was a whooping $43 billion.

3. He secured an $18 billion debt relief from the Paris and London clubs and got Nigeria free of debt

4. Obasanjo brought in mobile telecommunications (GSM) into Nigerian which arguably has been the greatest achievement by any Nigerian leader.

5. Obasanjo discovered people like Charles Soludo, Okonjo Iweala whose contributions to national and economic development cannot be overemphasized.

6. Obasanjo launched Nigeria’s first satellite in space, Nigeria Satellite 1 which ensured good internet and mobile communication.

7. Obasanjo ensured the dramatic development of Abuja under Mallam Nasir El Rufai as ministers with the Abuja Masterplan.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by wildchild1: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2016
Nice one

Check my signature
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by arsenal33: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2016
donktrax:
Smh. The east have always been known for economic thrive but selfishness wouldn't let this Govt put them in play, they are your best card when it comes to this recession. Let's see how 2017 plays out.
this govt?
what about your hero's govt?

Abeg park well (you cant even park well, you hero didn't tar your roads!)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2016
fineboynl:
grin I doubt if buhari will make it there
was going to say the same thing
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by momentarylapse: 9:18am On Dec 20, 2016
Successdude:

And BTW, to ur words, Biafrans aint cowards.

Is that so? So how come your original biafran agitator ojukwu took to his heels dressed as a woman and ran through the evil forests of the ivory coast and abandoned your region to their fate when the going got tough the 1st time around?

And secondly how come your current cantankerous coward mazi kanu was nabbed hiding out in a dingy hotel with prostitutes and using pirate radio transmission to inundate your people with senseless propaganda rather than face the government head on?

Was that how "Mandela and Kwame nkurmah or even aang San Suu Kyi "fought for their people's liberation?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Halo22: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2016
The truth is that Buhari has realised he cannot without Ndigbo(the group that steers the economic hub of the country). He has done his best to sideline the Igbos but to no avail, so he is highly welcome to the most peaceful state in the Nation
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Duru009(m): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2016
Buhari will not come to the east.....

For the fear of been stoned....
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Amoto94(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2016
QuotaSystem ah see you.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by QuotaSystem: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Silly noisemakers.

The SULTAN of Sokoto is currently in Enugu and despite all their noise, threats and insults over the past few years, not a single finger has been laid on him and instead he is busy receiving homage from their kinsmen. Why don't they try any nonsense?

Let a finger be placed on Buhari so that their madness can be cured once and for all. Empty chestbeaters seeking relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by QuotaSystem: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2016
Amoto94:
QuotaSystem ah see you.

Just chuckling at the antics of some empty chestbeaters smiley

Salam.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Successdude(m): 10:02am On Dec 20, 2016
momentarylapse:

Is that so? So how come your original biafran agitator ojukwu took to his heels dressed as a woman and ran through the evil forests of the ivory coast and abandoned your region to their fate when the going got tough the 1st time around?

And secondly how come your current cantankerous coward mazi kanu was nabbed hiding out in a dingy hotel with prostitutes and using pirate radio transmission to inundate your people with senseless propaganda rather than face the government head on?

Was that how "Mandela and Kwame nkurmah or even aang San Suu Kyi "fought for their people's liberation?

Retreat is part of the tactics. Its not a surrender. thats why Kanu came up. If there were no Ojukwu there wouldnt have been a Kanu. This Kanu you would call a coward too ? Not until he stops giving the Nigerian govt, you and even judges sleepless nights.

Can I ask you a question (and tk it as a question,, nothing more) : in your entire tribe in all the years you hav spent has there been anyone that arouse to question a government ?? But they do have pains in their heart bt y cant they voice it out ?? Thats the def of cowardice.... So i repeat, Biafrans arent cowards. They dont need you to openly agree cos you do inside...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by nsilordgmail(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2016
Hmmm....IPOB just released a statement saying they will die with Buhari if he step his leg in Enugu. Let me see if they can scare away the aboki just like South-south did in Rivers state. grin grin grin cool cool cool.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by momentarylapse: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Successdude:
Retreat is part of the tactics. Its not a surrender. thats why Kanu came up. If there were no Ojukwu there wouldnt have been a Kanu. This Kanu you would call a coward too ? Not until he stops giving the Nigerian govt, you and even judges sleepless nights.

Can I ask you a question (and tk it as a question,, nothing more) : in your entire tribe in all the years you hav spent has there been anyone that arouse to question a government ?? But they do have pains in their heart bt y cant they voice it out ?? Thats the def of cowardice.... So i repeat, Biafrans arent cowards. They dont need you to openly agree cos you do inside...

Sorry but I'm not a yoruba guy! I know that is where you are headed! Not everyone that checkmates you guys and tries to make you see reason is a yoruba guy! And instead of creating problems for their government and their people other tribes prefer to build rather than destroy! Get it?

Anyway as a tribalist what other tactic do you guys have for dodging questions relating to your short comings except to start having nightmares about yoruba people? Lmfao!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Elbowroom: 10:10am On Dec 20, 2016
africanusvu:
The south east hav three key enemies hard to FORGET.T.Y DANJUMA.for his role in kiling of Ironsi. OBASANJO.for his command to kill al male children in biafra land frm 1month old during biafra war.BUHARI.for inciting the killing of igbos in the North.Now.they ar to speak at a sumit for dev of igbos.who is deceiving who

But started the Biafra war na

Are you expecting our military to throw crackers biscuits to your people while your Biafra soldiers shoot guns at them

U want war, you gorrit
And you lost.. .

And you will loose again if you try it

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by tiwiex(m): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2016
RentALodge:
Interestingly, this could be a case of the best and the worst President Nigeria has ever had. Obasanjo with all of his many faults, and oh they are exceedingly many, is arguably Nigeria's best President (not as head of State), while it is visible to the blind that Buhari is already gunning for the worst leader we've ever had. I don't need to tell you all about what the country is facing at this time.

Before you shout on me about Obasanjo, let me reiterate that Obasanjo is very flawed. In fact, for him to be reckoned as the best President shows how very low our standards are in Nigeria. That being said, let me list out some of his achievements that convinced me that he should be in the debate as the best leader ever to preside over this nation:

1. Obasanjo established the EFCC and ICPC and also strengthened the Code of Conduct Bureau to fight corruption in Nigeria. Criminals, from top politicians like Tafa Balogun, Bode George to swindlers and internet fraudsters have been sent to jail by these agencies.

2. Foreign reserve when Obasanjo came into power was just $2 billion in 1999. But when he was leaving office by 2007, foreign reserve was a whooping $43 billion.

3. He secured an $18 billion debt relief from the Paris and London clubs and got Nigeria free of debt

4. Obasanjo brought in mobile telecommunications (GSM) into Nigerian which arguably has been the greatest achievement by any Nigerian leader.

5. Obasanjo discovered people like Charles Soludo, Okonjo Iweala whose contributions to national and economic development cannot be overemphasized.

6. Obasanjo launched Nigeria’s first satellite in space, Nigeria Satellite 1 which ensured good internet and mobile communication.

7. Obasanjo ensured the dramatic development of Abuja under Mallam Nasir El Rufai as ministers with the Abuja Masterplan.

I believe his benefits outweigh his cost to the nation? U kept emphasizing he is flawed. Also emphasize he is a great leader too na. If u really think about his flaws as it connects to national development, u would struggle a bit. They are mostly personal. I think his greatest strength is his understanding of the expectation of micro and macro economics. His realization that he lacks the strength to implement such and ready to delegate to relevant skills. His jib as president was to balance the books and monitor relevant indicator improvements. I doubt if Buhari knows what GDP is? If he doesn't, what were we thinking? And if anyone comes here to tell me he does not need to know, hmm. Then we deserve this mess.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Catastrophe1: 10:40am On Dec 20, 2016
Buhari we don't need you. Please stay in the north. We don't need shii that comes from ur sticky fingers.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Successdude(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2016
momentarylapse:

Sorry but I'm not a yoruba guy! I know that is where you are headed! Not everyone that checkmates you guys and tries to make you see reason is a yoruba guy! And instead of creating problems for their government and their people other tribes prefer to build rather than destroy! Get it?

Anyway as a tribalist what other tactic do you guys have for dodging questions relating to your short comings except to start having nightmares about yoruba people? Lmfao!!!
did i mention yoruba in my post ? Why cant you be reasonable !

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by Braingold: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2016
Fulani man politics.
stop herds men from killing our people let's your ranches be in the north. that's all we want
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by skyfada: 11:29am On Dec 20, 2016
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by MrGerald(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
momentarylapse:

From who? Cowardly Biafran online touts or from the remnants of the vanquished generation from 1967?
Envy will kill you so early, Nigeria knows they can't declare them vanquished even after the war, knowing the implications, igbos are never known to be cowards, we all know who is.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by momentarylapse: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
MrGerald:
Envy will kill you so early, Nigeria knows they can't declare them vanquished even after the war, knowing the implications, igbos are never known to be cowards, we all know who is.

How does one envy a defeated person? Or a defeated movement?

My friend go and have lunch and stop crying hunger inspired senseless tribalist jugunu tears all over my post abeg! Ha ha ha....

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by steppin: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
momentarylapse:

If you ain't a Yoruba, you're a one Nigeria apologist. Those who would rather die under the hands of wicked leaders than be free from them.
When you compare yourself to them, who is the coward? You that wants to remain in Nigeria while you're being impoverished, stripped of your rights etc or them that wants a better country for themselves?
You need to look up for the real definition of coward.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by momentarylapse: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
steppin:

If you ain't a Yoruba, you're a one Nigeria apologist. Those who would rather die under the hands of wicked leaders than be free from them.
When you compare yourself to them, who is the coward? You that wants to remain in Nigeria while you're being impoverished, stripped of your rights etc or them that wants a better country for themselves?
You need to look up for the real definition of coward.

So what have you brave chest beaters achieved since 1967 as a reward for your bravery?

1: Dilapidated infrastructure due to the greed and lack of foresight of your IGBO leaders?

2: A lack of access to real political power at the center due to the dis unity and misplaced priorities and selfishness of your IGBO leaders?

3: Mass migration of trade, individuals and capital flight from your region due to its unfavorable environment and your people's distrust amongst themselves as well as toward foreigners?

4: The rise of political jobbers and criminals masquerading as liberators for your region while only playing on your sentimentality and hate in order to line their pockets and attain cheap popularity?

Are these achievements? Jesu'......by the way if you personally are impoverished maybe you need to double your hustle like legitimate igbo business men and women and stop blaming your environment, the sun, the moon, your village wizards, other tribes or your siblings for your present condition! Life is what you make of it!
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by tsdarkside(m): 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
look..you ipobians can do nothing...

you want to find out again how mad we nigerians are??..

the adekunles and dan fodios will spring up from every direction..you dont want that believe me..

and if you get too stvpid,we will release all our dangerous warriors from prison,make them to soldiers and send them against you...

pandemonium....

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by steppin: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
momentarylapse:

So what have you brave chest beaters achieved since 1967 as a reward for your bravery?

1: Dilapidated infrastructure due to the greed and lack of foresight of your IGBO leaders?

2: A lack of access to real political power at the center due to the dis unity and misplaced priorities and selfishness of your IGBO leaders?

3: Mass migration of trade, individuals and capital flight from your region due to its unfavorable environment and your people's distrust amongst themselves as well as toward foreigners?

4: The rise of political jobbers and criminals masquerading as liberators for your region while only playing on your sentimentality and hate in order to line their pockets and attain cheap popularity?

Are these achievements? Jesu'......by the way if you personally are impoverished maybe you need to double your hustle like legitimate igbo business men and women and stop blaming your environment, the sun, the moon, your village wizards, other tribes or your siblings for your present condition! Life is what you make of it!
For someone who's living the good life, you sound so bitter. Ain't you supposed to be having a good time?
Keep deceiving yourself. Dangote, the richest man has lost billions since last year. Major Importers are complaining, but a nonentity is here claiming to have a better life. Don't worry, your depression is still in stage one... Denial.
Everyone comes online and suddenly, they're rich. In reality, you're somewhere in Osun state, waiting for Aregberascal to pay your 60k three months salary.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by steppin: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
@momentarylapse
FYI, we ain't chest beaters. We're people who believe in freedom and we fought vehemently for it.
That fighting spirit is the reason why you hate us and it kills you silently.
We'll never give up on fighting for freedom until its actualized.
Mandela didn't give up, why should we?
If our quest for freedom can rile the President and people like you up like this, it means we're on the right path.
God bless Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by ProGSM(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
I will be very surprised if he made it to Enugu. And for us to move 4ward, Nnamdi Kelu needs to b o go
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by biafran1stson(m): 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Buhari you are not welcomed in Biafraland, steer clear. You killed our people and now you are coming to urinate on the memoery of our fallen heroes; we will not take it. You are welcomed, steer clear.

Biafra alive
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by basilo102: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
why are some people so pained?? continue ranting, alliance is being shifted
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by momentarylapse: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
steppin:

For someone who's living the good life, you sound so bitter. Ain't you supposed to be having a good time?
Keep deceiving yourself. Dangote, the richest man has lost billions since last year. Major Importers are complaining, but a nonentity is here claiming to have a better life. Don't worry, your depression is still in stage one... Denial.
Everyone comes online and suddenly, they're rich. In reality, you're somewhere in Osun state, waiting for Aregberascal to pay your 60k three months salary.

Now you are simply pained! Lol....I am now an osun man waiting for his salary! Too bad...you have seen the truth laid bare before your very eyes and since you have no answers to my queries you are attempting to drag us into the realm of insults? Even if I decide to cross over into that territory with you it would only lead to you having a wet damaged screen due to your tears of painment, so instead I will allow you stew in your own regrets instead!

Some of us don't need to claim nonsense online like you Ipob touts do! Whether you want to believe that I am happy with my life or not is your god forsaken business! If you are struggling then focus on improving your lot like a REAL MAN instead of crying online about afonjeezys, gambaris or evil spirits!

Anyway I can see you have run out of energy and have noticed that you are dealing with a superior political commentator! Pray for your job in 2017, or that your master settles you in time, or that a financial breakthrough hits you early in the year, but above all pray, but do not pray for BIAFRA! It is a very _stupid, misguided and useless agitation and it will lead you NOWHERE!

Now with all due disrespect....GET LOST! And remember that.......

Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by africanusvu(m): 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wondering stil wat made u think u wil win if we fight again.lets wait.soon we shal see.
Re: Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit by steppin: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
momentarylapse:

Now you are simply pained! Lol....I am now an osun man waiting for his salary! Too bad...you have seen the truth laid bare before your very eyes and since you have no answers to my queries you are attempting to drag us into the realm of insults? Even if I decide to cross over into that territory with you it would only lead to you having a wet damaged screen due to your tears of painment, so instead I will allow you stew in your own regrets instead!

Some of us don't need to claim nonsense online like you Ipob touts do! Whether you want to believe that I am happy with my life or not is your god forsaken business! If you are struggling then focus on improving your lot like a REAL MAN instead of crying online about afonjeezys, gambaris or evil spirits!

Anyway I can see you have run out of energy and have noticed that you are dealing with a superior political commentator! Pray for your job in 2017, or that your master settles you in time, or that a financial breakthrough hits you early in the year, but above all pray, but do not pray for BIAFRA! It is a very _stupid, misguided and useless agitation and it will lead you NOWHERE!

Now with all due disrespect....GET LOST! And remember that.......
Get lost? I'm just getting started. Are you running away already, like the coward that you are?
For someone who believes I'm pained, you're doing a good job crying over Biafra.
And don't use that "you're pained" crap on me, we invented that with memes for it.
If you're out of things to post, bow out silently.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Losing Democratic Values, Must Do Away With Money Politics - Lukman / And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? / Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.