Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo (26991 Views)

Ortom Declares 3-Day Mourning In Benue For Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attack / Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba / "Land Is Free For All Genuine Investors In Imo" -gov. Okorocha Declares. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by MayorofLagos(m): 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2016
Is there no check and balance structure in Imo, can the House of Assembly or the Judiciary not intervene and cut this excess?
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Agimor(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
A whole 3 weeks see enjoyment.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Sanchez01: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
fkdmods:

Do you understand how absurd it is for a government to declare a 3 week holiday? No wonder they don't pay salaries? They hardly do anything so why pay them? Una never see anything. Una problems for Nigeria just begin.
The state, I believe, has fund issues. That you are in Contonou does not make you better than some of us here. Let Nigeria's problem be Nigerians'.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Fourwinds: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Chief Rochas Okorocha now share d same weed with d devil...

when will this man quit his gbana smoking habit.?
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by fkdmods: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sanchez01:

The state, I believe, has fund issues. That you are in Contonou does not make you better than some of us here. Let Nigeria's problem be Nigerians'.

Someone from cotonou is definitely better than you with the way you think. Unbelievable.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by emmydollars4life(m): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
THATS WHAT U GET WHEN U HAVE A WEED SMOKING GOVERNOR
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by kudosamass(m): 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
I used to think that Imo people are one of the most advanced and enlightened Igbo people until this Okorocha movie began to play.
Leadership recruitment process in Africa is still highly archaic. Until we begin to scrutinize the intellectual capabilities of those aspiring to lead us, we can never make any headway.
The quantum of destruction this Okorocha man will leave in Imo State is going to be of mountainous proportion! He has wrecked the State's Civil Service. The opinion of the Governor is equivalent to law. He personalised governance in Imo State. I read few day ago that his wife heads four ministries in the State. What a shame to an Igbo State!
I pity Africa!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by 2shur: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
so thats what u call enjoyment
hotel and fast junk food
100 level mentality

a whole three weeks .no work.no hustle..say wetin hapun.
jesus dey come abi
robbery go take place be dat
eezeribe:
Owerri is a city for pleasure... You need to see the number of Hotels and Fastfood Restaurants there...
In fact, I need marketers in owerri
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by ReubenE(m): 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
This is madness...
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Leopantro: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
eezeribe:
Owerri is a city for pleasure... You need to see the number of Hotels and Fastfood Restaurants there...

the hotels are so much that in some areas if you throw a hypothetical stone it will hit 3-5 hotels before it gets to the ground. there are no tourist sites in the state that need that much hotels. however, go to those hotels at night during the weekends, even a priest would wonder at the amount of girls there. I know a street 5 hotels facing each other.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by plaetton: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Omeokachie:
He whom the gods will kill they first make mad.

Okorocha seems to have lost it.

Even in Cross River where they declare such holidays, it is with a view at revenue generation which comes in through influx of tourists. But here we have a government that is sending people away and grounding the ministries and other organs of government for a whooping 3weeks!

This governor is fxxing insane, seriously.

We have never seen such an erratic character in governance.

The fxxard deludes himself that he is an emperor.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Ghost447(m): 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
eezeribe:
So I heard.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Austin234(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Three weeks or 3 days for public holiday? Hmmm! This is rather counter productive. Where will he generate fund to pay the worker?

Sometimes, Gov. Okorocha is funny with his economic policies. It had not been long when he said that civil servants have only 3 days to attend to their duties while remaining 2 days are for farming. Thank God NLC kicked against it.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by notoriousbabe: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
3 weeks?haba! shocked shocked shocked na their women and girls toto I pity. Born throway go plenty for there next year
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by multicolored(f): 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
3 weeks public holidays without paying salaries?
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Icon79(m): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Are you serious

3 weeks public holiday? For what reason(s), exactly? Does that slowpoke even know that the government loses a lot of money during public holidays? So the Imo state employees are all going get a free 3 weeks pay check? Na wa o.

Nigeria doesn't deserve to be an independent nation. We simply can't rule ourselves, let's invite back the Brits.

O pari
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Lovelyboy007: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by greatcrown: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
I just hope the state allocation has not been used for MMM!
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by nkemjacob2(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
imo state do not have a governor oooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by doncollino: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
he can do that cos he has not statistics of how much the state make or lose during public holiday.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Mustay(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Is there no check and balance structure in Imo, can the House of Assembly or the Judiciary not intervene and cut this excess?

Public Holidays Act:

Power to appoint special days to be public holidays

(1) In addition to the days mentioned in the Schedule to this Act, the President may by public notice appoint a special day to be kept as a public holiday either throughout Nigeria or in any part thereof, and any day so appointed shall be kept as a public holiday.

(2) Subject to section 1 of this Act and subsection (1) of this section, the Governor of a State may by public notice appoint a special day to be kept as a public holiday in the State concerned or in any part thereof, and any day so appointed shall be kept as a public holiday.

3) In this section "public holiday" includes part of a day and any day declared as a work-free day.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by AfroBlue(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
pulse must be making jokes o.... dis story can't be true shocked
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by nwosu35: 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
eezeribe:

IS THAT THE TOPIC UNDER DISCUSSION, WHY CANT U TALK STRAIGHT.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by DerideGull(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nigeria is a regrettable joke.
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by fixmeon: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Chai which kind Rochas b ds Ds guy don take ogogoro, na God go save imo from ur hand
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Jidibia(m): 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
DRIFTyKING:
The governor of the eastern heartland, Gov Rochas Okorocha has declared a 3 week public holiday in Imo state.

According to the Pulse Ng, the governor made the declaration during the Imo Day thanksgiving service over the weekend.

The holiday will last from December 19, 2016 to January 10, 2017.

https://twitter.com/Temphiz/status/811114773383352320

http://otownloaded.com/governor-rochas-declares-3-week-public-holiday-imo-state/

This man is just a big foooooool
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by ultimate73(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
mtchw.... iranu... hope bank will open
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by ORIGI(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Owele 1, the inumerocando 1 of the entire Imo state. Bunch of sycophants heading states and the nation at large. undecided
Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
Smh

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
The Nigerian saga continues.

An ineffective governor deciding that, to improve productivity so that he may be able to pay salaries and get things done the right way, workers should have a holiday for three weeks.

Only in Nigeria.

The sad thing, as always, is that nobody will challenge this. That is what the trade and transport unions are supposed to do but the considerable power that they yield is rendered useless by corruption.

Anyways, how anybody could expect an iota of efficiency from a man who wears a scarf all year round is totally beyond me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi ‘Was Paid’ $10million To Drop Tegbe For Bayo Adelabu - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian AirForce Plane Crashes In Yola, Adamawa State - Sahara Reporters / James Gbande Kneels And Apologizes To Governor Ortom Over Herdsmen - Benue.Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.