Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Breaking News : Tor Tiv The Fifth Emerges. Prof. J O I Ayatse. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Breaking News : Tor Tiv The Fifth Emerges. Prof. J O I Ayatse. (2083 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” / Full Profile Of His Royal Highness Prof. James Ayatse. Tor Tiv The Fifth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Tor Tiv The Fifth Emerges. Prof. J O I Ayatse. by babadoo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
PROFILE OF HRM ORCHIVIRIGH PROF JAMES ORNGUGA AYATSE :

TOR TIV THE 5TH

01. BIRTH EDUCATION AND FAMILY LIFE

Prof. JAMES O. I AYATSE, an indigene of Mbakan, Shangev- Ya, Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State was born on the May 12th, 1956 to the family of late Iorzua Ayatse and Mrs Adeior Iorzua ( nee Achaa, Mbarumun, nanev)

He attended LGEA school, Orbiam, ikov, Ushongo LGA : LGEA school, Mbagbegba, Shangev - Ya and St Anne's primary school, Adikpo where he obtained the first school leaving certificate. He attended and passed out with a WASC, division one certificate at Government secondary school Gboko. Armed with the excellent WASC certificate. Prof. Ayatse proceeded to the prestigious University of Ibadan and graduated with a BSc Biochemistry, he was the best graduating student in the department. He thereafter obtained his MSc at the University of calabar where he passed out as the best graduating student. Prof. Moved to the university of Surrey, England as a commonwealth student for his PhD in Biochemistry. He returned to University calabar for his MBA.

Prof Ayatse has had a sterling career in academics and educational management. He started his career in 1980 as a graduate assistant in the university of Calabar and rose steadily and rapidly in the university system to attain the highest rank of a professor of Biochemistry in 1993.

Prof Ayatse rose to the rank of Professor in 1993 in his thirties, becoming the first ever and perhaps still the only professor of Biochemistry of Tiv extraction.

He has held virtually all important positions in the university. He has taught at the university of calabar, University of Uyo, Benue state University University of Agriculture Makurdi, University of Abuja and Federal University Dutsin-Ma.

Prof Ayatse has taught Biochemistry, Business Management and public administration to different groups of students and produced several BSc, MSc, MBA, MPA, and PhD.

> He has served as external Assessor for professional appointments /promotions and external examiner to several universities.

> He has chaired the national universities commission committees on performance indicators and minimum bench mark for science programmes for Nigerian Universities.

> He has chaired several panela for the accreditation of science programmes in Nigerian Universities.

> He has also served in the capacity of chairman or member of of several communities or governing boards at international, National and state levels.

> On three different occasions he was involved in formulation of the vision and blueprint for the development of Benue State.

> He served as chairman of the visitation panel to the Benue state University.

He has numerous scholarly publication in both reputable national and international journals.

Prof Ayatse is the only Tiv man who has served as as Vice chancellor of two federal universities in Nigeria namely :

¡. Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi in 2001 - 2006

¡¡. Federal university Dutsin-Ma in Katsina State. 2011 - 2016

At the University of Agriculture Makurdi, a once restive University
Prof Ayatse used his sagacity and astuteness to restore peace and stability. He eradicated the menace of staff union strikes and violent students' demonstrations. All through his tenure there was no strike nor student demonstrations arising from internal problems.

He inherited gigantic debts, but paid all of them and left a healthy balance for the institution. There was massive and rapid expansion of the University which led to the establishment of various new departments and colleges and the students population soared from the below 2000 he inherited in 2001 to about 7000 before the expiration of his tenure.

As vice chancellor of the Federal University Dutsin-Ma, prof Ayatse brought his experience to bear on the newly established university. He was the first vice chancellor out of the Nine federal universities established at the time to graduate students and mobilise t

Re: Breaking News : Tor Tiv The Fifth Emerges. Prof. J O I Ayatse. by CecyAdrian(f): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
Interesting profile he has. Unogu!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Tor Tiv The Fifth Emerges. Prof. J O I Ayatse. by aondofashimadoo: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2016
The right MAN to rule Tiv people .My advice is, not to let politicians influence your decision . Be for nobody but for everybody .God bless you my KiING.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paul Kagame Opportunist Or Psycho? / Is Bonny Igbo Or Ijaw??? / How Do You Tell A Blind, Deaf And Dumb Man His Son Is Dead....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.