Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Scam Alert!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert!!! (663 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / Job Scam Alert � / Scam Alert For Successful Candidate For N-power Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert!!! by cho25bc(f): 5:52am On Dec 21, 2016
Please my friends,let us be wary of fraudsters. They are really desperate this festive period.

I just received this email from the so-called crooks who impersonated yahoomail. They titled it 'Yahoo Alert Services'. Check the mail below

Email Notification Alert

Dear bimpowoshet@yahoo.com ,

We received a request from Yahoo admin, to empty all your Inbox and Sent Folders.  We will Delete & Close Your Account Within 24 hours, You need to confirm if you still use this account or we will continue with the request.

(Note: All mails in your inbox, spam, draft, and sent items would be deleted, and access to your account would be denied.)

If you think it is an error, Cancel and Stop Action Now immediately to stop this process .

Cancel and Stop Action Now

Cancel the termination request to keep enjoying Yahoo!

Yahoo! Inc.

Panic engulfed me and without thinking, I clicked on the provided link and a page where I was asked to complete a task was opened, plus a form. I was about to start filling the fake form they provided through the link when I suddenly came to my senses.

In the form,they asked for my yahoo ID and password. Lastly, they said that I should confirm that I'm the rightful owner of that email and declare my intention to retain the account, which means that I don't want it to be deleted.

Too bad that my phone which opens the link very well does not have a screenshot function, I would have taken it and upload it here.

Then it occurred to me to look closely at the message again.

First of all, the Yahoo logo on the webpage is different from the original Yahoo logo,albeit same color purple. The size of their own logo (YAHOO!) is slimmer than the original which is a bold YAHOO!

Secondly, the email address that sent the mail was a.konna@net.net, not yahoomail itself.

Thirdly,yahoo cannot just delete their customers' email accounts for no reason.I mean this is the same email that I've been using since my childhood days,close to 16 years now. So why will it be deleted suddenly?

Fourthly,why will an admin ask his subordinates to delete an email account that he doesn't have a business with? Assuming he does, why not do it himself ? And what has my password got to with my intention to retain my email account? Won't my email ID be enough?

So please, in case you are a yahoomail user and you receive this type of email,delete it or better still, forward it to yahoo itself so that they can take note of it.

I think these fraudsters wants to use that form to gather our passwords so that they can hack into our accounts or send virus to our devices.

May God save us.We should be careful.

This is not a copy and paste post.It's a true story from me,cho25.

Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.

Admins should please do the needful in order to properly spread the awareness. Thanks
Re: Scam Alert!!! by izzou(m): 5:55am On Dec 21, 2016
Adebimpe, you smart

cool
Re: Scam Alert!!! by Flexherbal(m): 6:23am On Dec 21, 2016
Thank God you did not fall for them !
Re: Scam Alert!!! by dotman4real007(m): 7:44am On Dec 21, 2016
they are becoming too smart for their own good, they wont stop until the death penalty is passed on fraudsters. Awon Ole!!!!
Re: Scam Alert!!! by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2016
kdob
Re: Scam Alert!!! by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 25, 2017
izzou:
Adebimpe, you smart

cool

fa

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman, Nursing Mother, Others Paraded For Kidnapping In Osun Read More / 2 Killed, Mosque Burnt As Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Enugu / Busted! See How a Young Boy was Packaged in Suitcase, to be Smuggled Across Bord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.