Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

"Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi (24983 Views)

2019: Peter Obi Speaks On Being Atiku’s Running Mate - Read Details / Kogi Civil Servant's Child Dies Due To Hardship (Video) / High Profile Boko Haram Jihadists,Others Renounce Terrorism Due To Hardship.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by guychidile: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
good point there, why check points again,where were the customs when the goods crossed the boarders and wharfs into the country., Arbegi, if you want to mount check points, let it be on the entire nation and it must be both in Christians and Moslems celebrations. ..period.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by princefaculty(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
With how things are going in this administration customs will soon be asking for custom papers over rice, police asking for proof of ownership for food items and immigration service will ask for interstate waka permit.
Its a kalo kalo and one chance government I must say
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by plaetton: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

The way Nigerians are treated at different points of entry.

I called it precautionary measures

No one should give it tribal coloration
Shut the Bleep up, you paid lackey.

We know that you're probably one of the beneficiaries of Lai Mohammed's N100m budget for bloggers.

Even if you're being paid to defend this useless government, your job description doesn't have to involve insulting our common sense.

If you were any smarter, you would not inject your nauseating shallowness into every discussion.

I can bet anything that you have never in your life travelled from Ore to Onitsha.

When idiots like you do your knee-jerk stuuupidity to very important and very sensitive issues affecting millions of people, you further poison the atmosphere and create an even bigger wedge between the government and the people.

4 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by phoenix45(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

Baba dis one pass you. Try to chill for some topics na

3 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Precambrian111: 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
Pavore9:
If they were effective, contrabands should be confisticated at the points of entry.
If not in d east tell me were in Nigeria could all these happened it wll never b well with d north n yoruba in this Zoo i.e y all east n south must unit n reprove d wailers in all strategic wickedness called 1nex.....God wll surely fight .
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Precambrian111: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
olaric:
Such a shameful act by the customs men.
If all are wise n sensible y sieze rice n dix tym its barbaric n foolishness for d group responsible for this act. U claim to d your job but lack knowlagde to enforce it rightly ,n d nature of d difficulties dix zoo operate average men n d zoo as custom couldn't reason among there self even if d clueless say do haba Aboki mai suya.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Roman83: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
I traveled from abuja to Kano last week Friday and there was no single road block by police,custom or the military... why re they so many road blocks or check point in the south east that is not a war zone?Boko haram is having it easy in the North moving freely while the real human who re lawful re finding it hard to move around in d east... wickedness at its peak under PMB!!
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Precambrian111: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
Hmm...
Mr. Obi owns Next cash and carry.
Customs is placed there because the South East usually is a point of storage /sale for smuggled products. I am not a tribalist, just speaking them facts my guy.

If the government says you should not bring in a particular product into its borders, and you do but get caught, you don't deserve pity. You deserve punishment. Be law abiding.

EDIT: ALL OF THE IDIOTS TELLING ME THAT CUSTOMS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE BORDERS, I LMAO. STOP BRING STUPID PLEASE AND CHECK THE CUSTOMS ACT. PART OF THEIR JOB IS TO ALSO PREVENT THE MOVEMENT OF CONTRABAND GOODS IN THE COUNTRY. WAKE UP MY PEOPLE PLS
U are an epitome of foolishness n I believed u must b a you ruba
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by GodIsFoolish: 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
Tajbol4splend:
These idiots though, so customs ask, are you igbo? If yes bring your stuff.. Fools

This is how zombies reason
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Precambrian111: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
Precambrian111:
U are an epitome of foolishness n I believed u must b a you ruba
So want to tell us u knw all cos u created custom n appointed them of responsibility elements of d west u are always hypocritical n boost,didn't read clearly were mr Obi pointed out d numbers of checks point within a confine area other than normal n those earlier imported b4 d so call kangaroo orders hardly enforce in such jurisdiction shame on u thank God we are learned n dont reciprocate...
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Kfed4ril(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

I was in PH two weeks back and it would interest you to note that there were checkpoints all the way from Enugu down to PH. Papers and all were asked and the car was thoroughly searched. I'm sure they would have confiscated what was believed to have been smuggled. And yes, there were vehicles that were confiscated on the road because they carried certain items. Peter Obi should not play the victim mentality just so he could tribalize this. It's on almost every road at this period.

Have you been to the north? I guess NO.
You will travel the length and width of the north without see one single check points
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

Sarrki is not abooki, he is yoruba muslim like me who believes that Abookies are greater than oduduwa our ancestor.
No mind that useless man wey no get brain
You are a responsible yoruba man
keep on exposing those afonjas

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by PentiumPro(f): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
[s]PentiiumProf:

No mind that useless man wey no get brain
You are a responsible yoruba man
keep on exposing those afonjas[/s]

Do you know you can write your trash without cloning my moniker to throw insults around.

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by BermudaTriangle(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
Obi - tribal jingoist and champion of dummies.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
PentiumPro:

Do you know you can write your trash without cloning my moniker to throw insults around.
Who is this
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by PentiumPro(f): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
PentiiumProf:

Who is this

Nairaland can do without nuisance like you.
You've been reported

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
PentiumPro:

Nairaland can do without nuisance like you.
You've been reported
Who is this if I may ask
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by PentiumPro(f): 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
PentiiumProf:

Who is this if I may ask

Why are you being a nuisance ? undecided

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
PentiumPro:

Why are you being a nuisance ? undecided
Who are you
stop trolling me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Origin(f): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
From the beginning of December I've noticed that there has been increased fighting between enforcement agents (lastma, police, customs and kai) and artisans(including traders, motorists, etc)

Yes you all need money for the yuletide but don't lose your life and conscience in the process.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Ziyadah(f): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
#yawnz
On peh
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by kusimore(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
kcpumping:
[b][/b]

sir, why Re they not in nothern roads? as in all northern roads are free of all this bullshit.....how on earth can you support such useless act by custom? south east got the worst road ntwork, the worst fed allocation, and still when they struggle on their own to make ends meet you still want to scuffle it out from them by fire by force, what on earth could have beget this hatred pls?

sir, why Re they not in nothern roads? as in all northern roads are free of all this bullshit.....how on earth can you support such useless act by custom? south east got the worst road ntwork, the worst fed allocation, and still when they struggle on their own to make ends meet you still want to scuffle it out from them by fire by force, what on earth could have beget this hatred pls?

Oga abeg shey na only hausas dey work for custom cause I don't get you.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by kingsamosy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
sarrki:

ore to the east is now point of entry? baseless comment
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by kingsamosy(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Adeoba10:
All these top politicians always looking for means to create havoc and disagreement within the masses, yet some people will still believe this lie. How can custom officer seize A bag of rice, or how many bags were given as Christmas gift in our respective offices.... Except if you are carrying a full loaded rice.... But, this Christmas get as e be sha..... No hamattan, no banger, infact some people cant afford Christmas tree, they are using dongoyaro leaves.... Buhari... Contunu

when I see this kind of comment I wonder how some people reason.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by babajero(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

Sarrki is not abooki, he is yoruba muslim like me who believes that Abookies are greater than oduduwa our ancestor.
Guy aboki na aboki no matter the tribe. And for abokis being greater than your ancestors, that is why you have been selling yourselves to them to kill, right from afonja to tinubu. Shame.

2 Likes

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by babajero(m): 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
seXytOhbAd:

I feel so sad for you. People like you are why Nigeria will always remain a third world country. I feed my own family you fool and wonder why you will think that moving contraband goods is a legitimate business. Your father should have worn a condom
yes I understand, you feed your own family through nairaland, I know you have become a civil servant in nairaland. What is contraband in buying a bag of rice to eat at home, and moreover the politicians that put such law which kind of rice do they eat?
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by babajero(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
seXytOhbAd:

I feel so sad for you. People like you are why Nigeria will always remain a third world country. I feed my own family you fool and wonder why you will think that moving contraband goods is a legitimate business. Your father should have worn a condom
yes I understand, you feed your own family through nairaland, I know you have become a civil servant in nairaland. What is contraband in buying a bag of rice to eat at home, and moreover the politicians that put such law which kind of rice do they eat?.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by darknetcom: 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
we know una feefull na... grin

not that they eat plastic rice... undecided undecided

abi..let them do their job joor...
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by Adeoba10(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
kingsamosy:

when I see this kind of comment I wonder how some people reason.
Aiit man

1 Like

Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by ba7man(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
No one can come into your region to cause trouble without the permission of an influential insider.

I'm sure they're top state Govt officials that receive their cut from the seized goods.
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by MadamExcellency: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
greatiyk4u:

and you believed that trash? I travelled with 2 bags of foreign rice from Lagos to Enugu last week and no custom confiscated any at their check points

he is only appealing to our emotions

I pity you.

You are the same person that lied against your people when the Fulani herdsmen massacred them at Enugu because of politics and APC partisanship.

I am sorry for you
Re: "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
qleap2all:

So they are after the ones to the east only and free those to Afonjas? God dey

My dear eee, she said the customs where in almost every kilometer destroying bags of rice of enrout the East. I guess there is a cold war ongoing in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Beats Tinubu, Atiku In Popularity Race On Google Trends In August / Tinubu Ignores Presidential Debate, Attends Friend’s Birthday Nearby / Nigeria Ranks 22nd In Cheapest Petrol Prices Globally - Global Petrol Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.