Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari (25259 Views)

Obasanjo Didn't Succeed With 3rd Term, Buhari Will Also Fail - Ozekhome / Those Calling Me Baba Go Slow Will Be Shocked In My Second Term - Buhari / I Will Do My Best For Nigerians In My 2nd Term - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Limitednow: 5:35am On Jul 12, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said most of the ministers he appointed when he was first elected president in 2015 are strangers.

Mr Buhari who took almost six months to appoint the strangers into different ministries had at the time told Nigerians that he took his time to carefully appoint those he described as to have merited the appointment.

The president who was first sworn-in on May 29, 2015 also said his intention to restructure Federal Government ministries accounted for why he did not send names of ministerial nominees to the Nigerian Senate until September 30, of that same year.

He has at different occasions praised his cabinet members as effectively discharging their duties well despite allegation of incompetence levelled against most of them by critics of the administration.

Mr Buhari who was sworn-in for a second term four years after, is yet to name those who will help him pilot the affairs of the nation for another term of four years.

After President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, who predicted that ministerial list of the president will arrive the lawmaking arm before the week runs out, led the leadership of the National Assembly to visit the president, the Nigerian leader has said he is under pressure to unveil his ministers.

He also said those who worked with him during his first term are strangers whom he does not know but were recommended to him by his party, the ruling All Progressive Congress, (APC).

“I am very much aware about it and I am under tremendous pressure on it,” Mr Buhari told State House Correspondents after the gathering Thursday night

“The last cabinet which I had, most of them, a majority of them I didn’t know.

“I had to accept their names and recommendation from the party. I worked with them for three and a half years,” he added.

TODAY POLITICS could not independently verify if the president handed over the list to the leadership of the National Assembly. A senator had said should the president fail to send in his ministerial nominees on time, he will have to wait until the legislative arm resumes in September after their two months recess expected to start in two weeks time.

He also opined that this might shatter the plans of both the legislature and the executive to return to the January to December budget cycle.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/strangers-were-my-ministers-during-my-first-term-buhari/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Nwodosis(m): 5:36am On Jul 12, 2019
I bet you, the strangers were the non Fulanis forced on him! They were strangers because they were not to be trusted in his agenda.

178 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Amuocha: 5:46am On Jul 12, 2019
grin

Strange government

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Novaworld(m): 5:46am On Jul 12, 2019
Even Himself is still a stranger to us.

114 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by ReubenE(m): 5:46am On Jul 12, 2019
What sort of a man is this?

Six month to assemble strangers, four years without knowing the strangers, and successfully took Nigeria to a strange land where death, destruction, strife, hopelessness has become the order of the day.

The finest man in the universe of complains

Buhari's mouth and head is so unpresidential

256 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by nabegibeg: 5:46am On Jul 12, 2019
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by TheBeat: 5:46am On Jul 12, 2019
grin
Nigerians behold your president.

Lord who did we offend to deserve this disaster?

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Ezedon(m): 5:47am On Jul 12, 2019
This man and his fulanization agenda, where are we going as a nation

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by zeusdgrt(m): 5:47am On Jul 12, 2019
Eediot man

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 12, 2019
Expected from a jubrin grin

34 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Limitednow: 5:47am On Jul 12, 2019
grin

This incompetent man eh

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by arantess: 5:48am On Jul 12, 2019
grin
This geographic location called Nigeria is really a strange and unique place walai

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Realist5: 5:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Oga Buhari, your wife said this and your reply was that she belongs to the other room. She even said that some people were in their house when they were called to come take ministerial appointment. Mrs Aisha Buhari is vindicated.

Now that you have also admitted to the the same allegations, we sincerely deserve an apology Sir.

Indeed, there was Buhari.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by otabuko(m): 5:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Baba go slow, the representative of Fulani worldwide. Armed bandit supporter. The chief recessionist, digital rigger of the 2019 general election. Excuser general of our republic. May this calamity come to an end soon. Amen. Amen. Your title plenty Sha.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by olatade(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
excuses, excuses and more excuses.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Ekpekus(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Sometimes when you read press release from the presidency, you are tempted to ask, who is in charge of this country?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by emmasege: 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Can this idiot please respect us for once and stop insulting our sensibility?

By strangers, did the DULLARD mean people from the south and middle belt? because he's never been a friend of those regions, so he couldn't have known people he can work with other than those from his Arewa north.

Prior to his ascension to presidency, Buhari was never heard attending a friend's social event in the south. A man who doesn't mingle with people of other sects than his own will definitely see them as strangers if he ever comes across them.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Ezedon(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Y
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by israelmao(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Now I know Buhari is not a Nigerian or his brain carries the leadership responsibilities beyond its capacity.Is it Fashola,Ngige,Lai and Ameachi that are strange to him even before appointing them as ministers?Three were former governors and Lai also served in Lagos state.

17 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by 4w4eva(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
I thought they said he sent the list already?

Visit my siggy though

5 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by JubrinElSudan: 5:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Left for him, he would have appointed only his Daura kinsmen since they are the ones he knows very well

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Hangulsaram: 5:50am On Jul 12, 2019
Lol! Even government itself is a stranger to Mr President

9 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by nanauju(f): 5:51am On Jul 12, 2019
It took you 6 months to appoint strangers??

Wonderful! Na the people wey vote you I dey blame

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by IkpuMmadu: 5:52am On Jul 12, 2019
This is the mess Yoruba in their sagacity or do I say sophistication and also gullibility puts us in the country

In South yoruba has always been the weak link and would be in their political sophistication...they owe the nation an apology for putting us in this mess

As of the North...we have given up on them

The better South ...Niger Delta (excluding Edo ) and South East should demand an apology from political gullibility from Yoruba

I am sorry this is the political observation....and I have the right to hold my view .. this is just purely an observation. I could remember the lagoon saga by lil Wayne and the MC guy at igbo dominated areas and other of their politicians threatening igbo to vote en masse

Now they forgot that wise men has a way of coming from the East.

At least the nation has vindicated the igbo...and they have the last laugh.

Truth is what it is

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Firefire(m): 5:52am On Jul 12, 2019
You yourself a stranger in Aso Rock without clue of governance.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Pavore9: 5:52am On Jul 12, 2019
After wasting how many months to appoint them? angry

12 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by iammo(m): 5:52am On Jul 12, 2019
angry

President Buhari needs a Senior Special Adviser on Time to shut the Fvck up, the special aide should be made to disconnect the microphone anytime he wants.to start his unneeded talks.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Firefire(m): 5:53am On Jul 12, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
This is the mess Yoruba in their stupidity or do I say sophistication and Hausa gullibility puts us in the country

In South yoruba has always sold out and would be selling out in their political sophistication...they owe the nation an apology for putting us in this mess

As of the North...we have given up on them

The better South ...Niger Delta (excluding Edo ) and South East should demand an apology from political gullibility from Yoruba

Be careful with your hate speech, stop generalizing.

2 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by AerialMapper: 5:53am On Jul 12, 2019
He wants to create 100 million jobs ... he cannot even come up with a ministerial list; he has to blame others for that!!

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President / IPOB Planning To Hijack June 12 Protests, Cause Mayhem - CNG / Thabo Mbeki To Tinubu: Don’t Forget African Continent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.