Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Hold On To Allaah (azza Wa Jal) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hold On To Allaah (azza Wa Jal) (649 Views)

Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? / Guidelines Concerning Names Which May Correctly Be Attributed To Allaah,.... / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hold On To Allaah (azza Wa Jal) by dawahlarry: 8:06am On Dec 21, 2016
ISN'T IT WISE YOU ASSES YOUR SELF FOR EXAM WHICH YOU CANNOT REPEAT IF YOU FAIL?

The world and what it contain is a trust(amanat) from ALLAH(Azza wa jal) and on the day of Qiyamma, Allah(MSBH) will ask us how we made use of it. Yes, it is a test from Allah(MSBH) from which HE will assess us on the day of accountability. Allah(MSBH) will weigh your hasanat (reward) with your sins and for whom he showers His mercy on will be among the dwellers of paradise. It is not your act of ibadat only that will earn you paradise, but you also need the mercy (rahman) of ALLAH(Azza wa jal).
Allah(MSBH) will weigh or asses our deeds in this dunya and like in an examination, we do asses our level of preparation- how far we are set for the final exam. At times we practice with past questions; seek advice from those who have excel in the same exam we want to write; check our self, how far we can beat the short time-duration of the exam. I have a question which is "is there any professional exam in which you only write once and if you fail, that is the end- no repeat of exam or reregistration and no certificate?" But the exam of this dunya from which Allah(MSBH) will assess us in the ahkhira is greater than those promotional or professional exams. No repeat or no reregistration on the day of qiyama. But why do we put more efforts in assessing ourself for promotional and professional exams( reading past questions, night class, test, advice etc) in which there are second chances and less concerned about that in which there is no second chance?
Time is a trust and Allah(MSBH) will question us we we utilized it. Remember ALLAH(Azza wa jal) swear by the time indicating the significant of time. Allah(MSBH) says "I swear by the time," ( Al-Asr:1). Ibn Quyyim al Jawzi (r.a) says wasting time is greater than death itself because when you die, your connection with this dunya finishes and when you waste time, your connection with Allah breaks! Inalillahi wa Ina illahi rajuun. Now think, how much time do we spend on fajr, zuhr, Asr, maghrib, and isha salat? Average 5 minutes, 7 minutes or 10 minutes each? Let say you spend estimated average of 25 minutes, 35 minutes, or 50 minutes per day? We have 1440 minutes per day. From these, you spent average number of at least 35 minutes of 1440 using 7 minutes per salah on obligatory prayers. How about superogatory prayer? Do you observe tahajud, salatul dhuha, tahiyyatul masjid, salatul istikhara, salatul hajat( prayer done for fulfilment of wishes), salatul awwabin, Tarawih and other nafl salat recommended by Rasulullah( SAW)? On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (SAW), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. *If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers.* Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad).
How consistent are you in these salat and the time we spent of the 1440 minutes per day, we dedicate to them. Asses your self, add up your estimated minutes on obligatory and superogatory prayer per day compare it with the 1440 minutes per day. What’s your answer? Oh! are we not going to sleep, eat, attend to our business and work during the week? I accept, this is our daily routine. How many minutes do we sleep? 5, 6, 7, 8 hours per day on average or more and are you sleeping in accordance with sunnah? How much time you spend eating per meal and do you eat in accordance with the sunnah? Is Is my business halal or haram and do I know all permissible and non permissible businesses? Alhamdulillah, its halal. Do you observe the Quranic and hadith injunctions on businesses and I am familiar with all those injunctions? How about tilawatul Qur'an? OK. Am I consistent in reading the Qur'an and how many minutes do I spend on average per day? Please remember me what's left. Note it down. The bottom line is how much time we spent for ALLAH(Azza wa jal) and His Rasulullah( SAW ) of our 1440 minutes per day?
Bear in mind various Quranic verses and ahadith informing us the need to hold on to ALLAH(Azza wa jal) and his Rasul(SAW)
Allah(MSBH) says: This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil) (2:2). ......
Rasulullah( SAW ) says........Narrated 'Abdullah: The best talk (speech) is Allah's Book 'Quran), and the best way is the way of Muhammad, and the worst matters are the heresies (those new things which are introduced into the religion); and whatever you have been promised will surely come to pass, and you cannot escape (it).
“The Qur’an is an intercessor, something given permission to intercede, and it is rightfully believed in. Whoever puts it in front of him, it will lead him to Paradise; whoever puts it behind him, it will steer him to the Hellfire.” [An authentic hadith found in At-Tabaraanee, on the authority of ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood]”
Oh yes, android phones, java and Symbian, i phones, laptops and modem. We are all connected to the internet. PEW Researchers shows that about 92.2 millions Nigeria have access to the internet among whom 82 percent are adults. We are in the era of social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, twitter etc. At times you operate multiple accounts. Now cumulate all the minutes you spend on "going online" per day. What's your answer? You post and repost, tweets and retweet as well comments. What quality of information are you subscribing to and How has it increase your iman? Jazak’allahu khairan for you to have read this extent.
Rasulullah( SAW ) has encourages us to be precise in our speech and we ask ALLAH(Azza wa jal) to put baraka on these information. These are the facts from preceding sections: assume you spend 10 minutes per obligatory salah amounting to 50 minutes per day. You spend 35 minutes on superogatory salat and utilize average of at least 30 minutes on Dhkir llahi. This sum up to average of at least 115 minutes per day on Allah(MSBH). Meaning you spend on average of 8 percent! (115/1440)* 100)) out of 100 percent (1440) per day for Allah(MSBH). You don't play with sleep, isn't it? So you sleep at least 6 hours 30 minutes(390 minutes) per day indicating 27%(390/1440)*100)) of 1440 minutes per day. How many minutes can you eat? 10 to 15 minutes per meal on average, just presuming. This gives you (15*3) 45 minutes at most approximating 3%(45/1440)*100)) of your day on eating. On work or business, assume you leave for work or business at 8:00am and back home at 5:00pm Monday to Friday. You will be spending 2380 estimated minutes for work and business per week and on average, you are using 340 minutes per day just to work or do business in a week (Monday to Sunday) and average of 476 minutes per day withing working days( Monday to Friday). Thus, you using 24%(340/1440)*100)) of your day for business during working days or 33% during the week. Then cumulate the time on getting set for day activities, watching firms(movies) and phones(surfing the internet, facebooking, pinging,tweeting etc). What's your answer? Please note we haven't get to 100% of our time per day. We are around 62 to 71%. Where is the balance here? What else do you do with your time you need to consider also? Oh you visits friends or you are being visited, I study. The questions you should ask is what kind of chat and books am I into? Am I enjoining good through it or forbidden evil? (The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)). If you think the minutes here are either over stated or understated, you are missing the point. The piece Is for you to reflect, not for you to appreciate or criticize the writer on how you are making use of your time. Reflect brothers and sisters. Take a look at the chat below.

How do I utilize my 1440 minutes in a day?
We have been made to understand that the most destructive sins Allah(MSBH) will consider in the day of judgment are the little little sins we engaged our self in thinking they are little and not being mindful of them. If you combine the exclusive time you utilized for Allah(MSBH) and the compare it with other, you will be amazed with your results. Every speech of son of Adam (AS) is a burden on him except the remembrance of ALLAH(Azza wa jal).
I am not condemning those percentage under the assumption of ihklass and istiqama. Sincerity and consistency and khushu are key factors in determining the reward you get. Check your self, are my being consistent in these 8% of my time for Allah(MSBH) per day? Am I doing it with the best of intention and khushu? My eating sleeping and business, is it in accordance with the SUNNAH of Rasulullah( SAW) and are these activities preventing me from remembering Allah(MSBH)? If you are in accordance with the Qur'an and sunnah in these daily activities, they will serve as act of ibadat. ALLAH(Azza wa jal) says in surah An Noor verse 37: Men whom neither merchandise nor selling diverts from the remembrance of Allah and the keeping up of prayer and the giving of poor-rate; they fear a day in which the hearts and eyes shall turn about; Hold on to the book of ALLAH(Aza wa jal) and the sunnah. Outside these, no reward. Are you a light or heavy internet user and like meeting and making friends, and you love to chat plus other things best known by you? These will either be a huja for you or against you on the day of qiyama. It will be a huja for you if you are enjoining good and forbidding evils through it. It will be a huja against you if you are not enjoining good and forbidding evils. There is interconnectivity between salat and other activities of yours. When salah is good, other things will take positive dimension and if your are not in accordance with Quran and established sunnah, it has great impact on the quality of salah.
Let your activities be halal and distance your self from haram. I besiege you to better access your self or you will be accessed in the grave. Best you access your self else there won't be self assessment in the grave. Best you know your lapses and fix it in dunya else your lapses will be access in grave and your wish would be a second Chance which doesn't exist anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Useful Tips That Will Go A Long Way to Curb Your Filthy Act Of Masturbation. / Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? / Jarus Please Take Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.