Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? (648 Views)

Yoruba Muslims Considered Substandard To Hausa Muslims, Why? / Rulings On Jihad / Why Do Yoruba Muslims Worship On Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by Charleys: 11:02am On Feb 08, 2020
There has been a trend of Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba christians through out the week and I think it will be unfair for me not to join on this band wagon.

Maybe this is the trending thing now.

Considering the topic, we all know that Jihad is a Muslim thing. So my question is. Is it possible for a Yoruba Muslim to carry out a Jihad against a Yoruba Christian?

If yes, then that Yoruba Muslim is a true Muslim according to the teachings of the prophet.

If No, then that Muslim is a fake Muslim according to the teachings of the prophet because why would you be mixing up with unbelievers in the first place. And call yourself tolerant

“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers.”

–Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

Now if you are a Yoruba Muslim and read the Quran every Friday, won't your mind be hell bent on acting out this script.

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another…” Quran 5:51

“He that chooses a religion over Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.” Quran 3:85

“Let not believers make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful – he that does this has nothing to hope for from Good – except in self-defense. God admonishes you to fear Him: for to God shall all return.” Quran 3:28

These are words from the Quran can a Yoruba Muslim deny these words.

So all I see here is that those who try to defend the Yoruba Muslims are christians who are trying to deny that these boundaries exist between them.

In fact I never knew of the term Yoruba Muslim until MURIC told Fayemi to employ only Muslims in his cabinet. That was the beginning of Yoruba Muslims.

https://www.nairaland.com/4624589/ekiti-muric-speaks-why-fayemi

So let's stop making mountain out of anthills.

A time will come when there will be Yoruba suicide Bombers in the west and that time has been predicted and that time is coming.

Most Yoruba Muslims in the UK have been radicalized, example the Nigerian underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab who tried to blow up a plane and also
Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, first ran over Rigby an army officer in a car then dragged him into the middle of the street in the South London neighborhood of Woolwich and hacked him with a knife in 2013 shouting Allah Akbar in the process. These are all Yoruba Muslims.

Let's not hide the truth, let's open up and deliberate on it.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by dawnomike(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2020
Yes! Cos the most of the Youruba muslims are learned and have the power of reasoning over religious sentiments!!!

The above statement is my opinion biko... Everyone is entitled to theirs

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by sulasa07(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
Charleys:
There has been a trend of Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba christians through out the week and I think it will be unfair for me not to join on this band wagon.

Considering the topic, we all know that Jihad is a Muslim thing. So my question is. Is it possible for a Yoruba Muslim to carry out a Jihad against a Yoruba Christian?

If yes, then that Yoruba Muslim is a true Muslim according to the teachings of the prophet.

If No, then that Muslim is a fake Muslim according to the teachings of the prophet because why would you be mixing up with unbelievers in the first place. And call yourself tolerant

“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers.”

–Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

Now if you are a Yoruba Muslim and read the Quran every Friday, won't your mind be hell bent on acting out this script.

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another…” Quran 5:51

“He that chooses a religion over Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.” Quran 3:85

“Let not believers make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful – he that does this has nothing to hope for from Good – except in self-defense. God admonishes you to fear Him: for to God shall all return.” Quran 3:28

So all I see here is that those who try to defend the Yoruba Muslims are christians who are trying to deny that these boundaries exist between them.

In fact I never knew of the term Yoruba Muslim until MURIC told Fayemi to employ only Muslims in his cabinet. That was the beginning of Yoruba Muslims.

A time will come when there will be Yoruba suicide Bombers in the west and that time has been predicted and that time is coming.

Most Yoruba Muslims in the UK have been radicalized, example the Nigerian underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab who tried to blow up a plane and also
Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, first ran over Rigby an army officer in a car then dragged him into the middle of the street in the South London neighborhood of Woolwich and hacked him with a knife in 2013 shouting Allah Akbar in the process. These are all Yoruba Muslims.

Let's not hide the truth, let's open up and
deliberate on it.
Are you done or you have more to add?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by budaatum: 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
dawnomike:
Yes! Cos the most of the Youruba muslims are learned and have the power of reasoning over religious sentiments!!!

The above statement is my opinion biko... Everyone is entitled to theirs
This is more than opinion. It is an enlightened view from someone who uses their power of reasoning instead of the religious sentiment of the op!

I therefore exercise my entitlement to adopt your view as my own.

3 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by budaatum: 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
Charleys:
I think we'd take your advice and ignore the ignorance in your understanding.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by AntiChristian: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
Some people are just out looking for trouble and trying to "make mountain from an ant hill".

You quote verses without stating the settings nor context! Is this not what Boko Haram is doing?

A post devoid of sense and truth!

If i quote a Bible verse that speaks terrorism now they'll say that was the old testament...Jesus was still dead back then, He's not born yet....
So many excuses for the Bible or Christians.

Just like how Nathaniel Samuel became Muhammed....and other incidents become watered down by the media.
Some even said Nathaniel Samuel was paid by some Muslims to change the narative.
One Christian asked "Did Samuel shout Jesus is Lord before detonating the Bomb?

I Pray the evil people and those supporting them no matter their religion/region meet their doom if they don't repent.

And the answer to your question is that Jihad has a setting and context. And there is no Jihad without that specific setting!
You can start looking for the settings...

3 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by ChristianNorth: 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2020
Where were you when Yoruba Moslems in Ilorin massacred their Christian brothers during cross over service.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2020

Charleys:

–Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

Let's not hide the truth, let's open up and deliberate on it.

Otiyawere, your post is a trash. Islam is the most peaceful religion in the world both Africa,asia,eroup Muslim are peace maker if you doubt it tell Christian that live in Qatar, Dubai, Kuwait, Malaysia, to leave because Muslim hate non Muslim. Go and hustle you also deserve better life stop be a carrier of lie. Am a Muslim and am a Yoruba I love every one around me both muslim or non Muslim. But Bible said if your brother tell you to go and worship another gods you should be the fist to kill him and destroy any village that worship any other god kill their male and take their female and cut their children into pieces. Bleep Bible

2 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by TheAk(m): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Im not a muslim but i want to understand more about the religion.
Can someone please clarify what jihad means in this context?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by TheAk(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Otiyawere, your post is a trash. Islam is the most peaceful religion in the world both Africa,asia,eroup Muslim are peace maker if you doubt it tell Christian that live in Qatar, Dubai, Kuwait, Malaysia, to leave because Muslim hate non Muslim. Go and hustle you also deserve better life stop be a carrier of lie. Am a Muslim and am a Yoruba I love every one around me both muslim or non Muslim. But Bible said if your brother tell you to go and worship another gods you should be the fist to kill him and destroy any village that worship any other god kill their male and take their female and cut their children into pieces. Bleep Bible
Where exactly did the thr bible say that? Don't make some misguided muslims buy into your baseless argument. Plus your post is not exactly on the path of peace
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers? by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
TheAk:

Where exactly did the thr bible say that? Don't make some misguided muslims buy into your baseless argument. Plus your post is not exactly on the path of peace

And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword
Deuteronomy 20:13

But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
Deuteronomy 20:14

Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.
Deuteronomy 20:15

See mass rapping and slave sex here in Bible

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
Numbers 31:17

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Numbers 31:18

Pls How did they know a virgin girl? Is it by fingering or sex? Remember virgin is not writing on head? And army should keep those little girls as what?

(1) (Reply)

Ramadon / Beneficial Saying / Is The Quran Preserved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.