Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel (1423 Views)

Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel / Stolen Mace: Omo-agege Fights Back, Blocks Police, DSS From Arresting Him / MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Upritman(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has constituted a Judicial Commission of Inquiry to investigate the killings and other violent acts/matters that occured
during the December 10 rerun and supplementary elections in the State.
This is coming at a time when the Nigeria Police Force and the Independent National Electoral Commission have set up high-powered investigative teams over the involvement of Gov.Wike in an audio-tape leaked by Sahara Reporters few days ago.
The constitution of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry is contained in a Special Government Announcement signed
by the Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Hon Kenneth Kobani.
According to the announcement , the Judicial Commission of Inquiry has Hon Justice Chinwendu Nwogu as Chairman.
Members include:
1. Mrs Grace Akpughunum-Okwulehie
2. Prof O.V.C. Okene
3. Sir Anthony Uzoma Ozurumba
4. Rev Canon Hossanna Nnaewi
5. Alphonso Sibi Esq (Chief State Counsel, Secretary) and
6. C. B. Ekeh Esq (Principal State Counsel, Legal Counsel)
The announcement read: "In exercise of the powers conferred upon him by Section 2 (1 ) of the Commissions of Inquiry Law of Rivers State (CAP 30) of Rivers State of Nigeria 1999 and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of Rivers State; His Excellency,
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, CON, hereby constitutes and appoints a judicial commission of inquiry to investigate the
killings and other violent acts/matters that occured during the December 10, 2016 rerun/supplementary elections to elect members of the National Assembly and House of Assembly in Rivers State.
The Judicial Commission of Inquiry with full powers and authority is expected to hold public hearings.
The Judicial Commission of Inquiry which will be inaugurated on Thursday at the Executive Council Chambers of the Government House, Port Harcourt has the following terms of reference.
1. Investigate the remote and immediate causes of the violence during the December 10 , 2016 rerun/supplementary elections in Rivers State.
2. Identify the perpetrators of the various acts of violence and killings in the aforesaid election.
3. Identify the victims of the violence including those killed
4. Identify if property was damaged and the value of any such property
5. Determine if the violence was localised to specific areas within the state or was state-wide
6. Make appropriate recommendations concerning their findings or any other recommendations as the commission
may consider appropriate in the circumstance and
7. Submit its report to the Governor of Rivers State within one (1) month from the date of its sitting.
Versatile Reporters recalls that a similar committee set up by Gov.Wike to investigate the violence and deaths that occurred during the inconclusive March 19 polls ended up indicting only APC Leaders, Members and Supporters in the state.

Source: www.versatilereporters.com/2016/12/riversrerun-wike-fights-back-sets-up.html

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by GoggleB(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2016
Fire for Fire..
Contest: PDP vs APC
WIKE VS AMEACHI

Those that would suffer the loss at the end: RIVERS STATE PEOPLE..

Advice both parties should bring dem smelling heads together and resolve this nonsense...
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ddippset(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Upritman:
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has constituted a Judicial Commission of Inquiry to investigate the killings and other violent acts/matters that occured
during the December 10 rerun and supplementary elections in the State.
This is coming at a time when the Nigeria Police Force and the Independent National Electoral Commission have set up high-powered investigative teams over the involvement of Gov.Wike in an audio-tape leaked by Sahara Reporters few days ago.
The constitution of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry is contained in a Special Government Announcement signed
by the Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Hon Kenneth Kobani.
According to the announcement , the Judicial Commission of Inquiry has Hon Justice Chinwendu Nwogu as Chairman.
Members include:
1. Mrs Grace Akpughunum-Okwulehie
2. Prof O.V.C. Okene
3. Sir Anthony Uzoma Ozurumba
4. Rev Canon Hossanna Nnaewi
5. Alphonso Sibi Esq (Chief State Counsel, Secretary) and
6. C. B. Ekeh Esq (Principal State Counsel, Legal Counsel)
The announcement read: "In exercise of the powers conferred upon him by Section 2 (1 ) of the Commissions of Inquiry Law of Rivers State (CAP 30) of Rivers State of Nigeria 1999 and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of Rivers State; His Excellency,
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, CON, hereby constitutes and appoints a judicial commission of inquiry to investigate the
killings and other violent acts/matters that occured during the December 10, 2016 rerun/supplementary elections to elect members of the National Assembly and House of Assembly in Rivers State.
The Judicial Commission of Inquiry with full powers and authority is expected to hold public hearings.
The Judicial Commission of Inquiry which will be inaugurated on Thursday at the Executive Council Chambers of the Government House, Port Harcourt has the following terms of reference.
1. Investigate the remote and immediate causes of the violence during the December 10 , 2016 rerun/supplementary elections in Rivers State.
2. Identify the perpetrators of the various acts of violence and killings in the aforesaid election.
3. Identify the victims of the violence including those killed
4. Identify if property was damaged and the value of any such property
5. Determine if the violence was localised to specific areas within the state or was state-wide
6. Make appropriate recommendations concerning their findings or any other recommendations as the commission
may consider appropriate in the circumstance and
7. Submit its report to the Governor of Rivers State within one (1) month from the date of its sitting.
Versatile Reporters recalls that a similar committee set up by Gov.Wike to investigate the violence and deaths that occurred during the inconclusive March 19 polls ended up indicting only APC Leaders, Members and Supporters in the state.

Source: www.versatilereporters.com/2016/12/riversrerun-wike-fights-back-sets-up.html
lol at last statement. the judicial investigative panel ended up indicting only APC leaders and members. a panel of wike, for wike and by wike.

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ukenke: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2016
ddippset:
lol at last statement. the judicial investigative panel ended up indicting only APC leaders and members. a panel of wike, for wike and by wike.

The EFCC have been indicting PDP members only. Wike is being square.

3 Likes

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2016
It is obvious that the Accursed People Congress cannot intimidate Wile and Fayose come rain come shine without the duo fighting back. Now let's see who sponsored violence ion River state.
Now Wike is investigating Buhari, Burattai, IGP , INEC chairman, Amechi Oyegun, Ganduje etc

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by MyMouth(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2016
The Federal government panel go bench that of the state! Fg panel supersedes that of a state government.
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ddippset(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2016
mikezuruki:

The EFCC have been indicting PDP members only. Wike is being square.
the arms deal money was shared to PDP members only so naturally in an arms deal probe the efcc would only indict PDP members. on the contrary the rivers elections were between APC and PDP so its ridiculous to indict only APC members. you still should use your brain a bit more even if you want to defend your Lord your God nyesom wike.

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Atiku2019: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2016
Watching
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2016
ddippset:
the arms deal money was shared to PDP members only so naturally efcc would only indict PDP members. on the contrary the rivers elections were between APC and PDP so its ridiculous to indict only APC members. you still should use your brain a bit more even if you want to defend your Lord your God nyesom wike.
Mr Man, I was being objective. Buhari said he is fighting corruption, which I know goes beyond the arms deal. Are you trying to tell me that only PDP members are the corrupt ones? Having said that, even the arms money that is being investigated and people(pdp members) are been indicted for, was it not part of the money that was used to buy SUVs for Buhari which he didn't deny?
You should be the one using your brain...I doubt if there is any

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ddippset(m): 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
mikezuruki:

Mr Man, I was being objective. Buhari said he is fighting corruption, which I know goes beyond the arms deal. Are you trying to tell me that only PDP members are the corrupt ones? Having said that, even the arms money that is being investigated and people(pdp members) are been indicted for, was it not part of the money that was used to buy SUVs for Buhari which he didn't deny?
You should be the one using your brain...I doubt if there is any
you people should stop being mischievous, Buhari is trying. Nigeria is so corrupt that this corruption has eaten into unborn babies. it would take nothing less than 100 years to eradicate corruption in Nigeria. if the PDP had the will to fight corruption they would have investigated the corrupt APC members, and like that gradually corruption would be eradicated. why couldn't jona investigate tinubu and atiku? PDP never had the will to fight corruption. Buhari is still on the arms deal probe. all who benefitted will be punished one way or another. next time PDP gets power they can deal with the Amaechi s and the tinubus of this world whom you guys believe are corrupt. as for rivers state, it is laughable for wike's panels to be inducting only APC members when both APC and PDP took part in the elections. even a 2 year old would laugh at that panel. anybody who lives in rivers state and is asked to swear with the bible would have you know that 90% of the criminals,militants, and cultists in rivers state are controlled by the PDP. heck even the rivers government and house of assembly have so many militants are commissioners as law makers.

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Babacele: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2016
armed robbers panel, mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Useless Panel!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Splinz(m): 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wike the lion!

1 Like

Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wike the tamer of Buhari's lap dog amechi
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ogkrakkid(m): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
Afonjas will never allow the south rest.we re always dia nightmare....wicked nd confused set of people they are.wike they say u re wicked.admit it nd show them wickedness abeg..starting point should be amechi d judas.
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by kcnwaigbo: 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
ddippset:
you people should stop being mischievous, Buhari is trying. Nigeria is so corrupt that this corruption has eaten into unborn babies. it would take nothing less than 100 years to eradicate corruption in Nigeria. if the PDP had the will to fight corruption they would have investigated the corrupt APC members, and like that gradually corruption would be eradicated. why couldn't jona investigate tinubu and atiku? PDP never had the will to fight corruption. Buhari is still on the arms deal probe. all who benefitted will be punished one way or another. next time PDP gets power they can deal with the Amaechi s and the tinubus of this world whom you guys believe are corrupt. as for rivers state, it is laughable for wike's panels to be inducting only APC members when both APC and PDP took part in the elections. even a 2 year old would laugh at that panel. anybody who lives in rivers state and is asked to swear with the bible would have you know that 90% of the criminals,militants, and cultists in rivers state are controlled by the PDP. heck even the rivers government and house of assembly have so many militants are commissioners as law makers.
smh no single sense.Going by your analogy Wike is investigating only APC members.Whenever APC takes over in Rivers state they can also investigate PDP members
Re: Riversrerun : Wike Fights Back, Sets Up Own Investigative Panel by ddippset(m): 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

smh no single sense.Going by your analogy Wike is investigating only APC members.Whenever APC takes over in Rivers state they can also investigate PDP members
I don't want to get banned again, if not I would tell you what I really think about you. you do not deserve a response, you are bringing me down down down to your level of reasoning. why do you always twist my messages, is it that you don't really understand my posts or that you are being mischievous? did I say Buhari should only investigate PDP members? where did I say that? I said Buhari is investigating the arms deal scandal, and naturally only pdp members were involved. also I said if people think Buhari is only probing PDP people then when next they get to power they should do sane to APC. that way Nigeria will gradually get better. guy abeg no quote me again, before a lose a few values of my IQ.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Team Denies Inviting Ex-president Jonathan To Inuaguration / What Is Population Census And Why Do We Need It? / Igbimedion Presents Live Tiger To New Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.