Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

True Story About Situation Of Roads In Kogi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Story About Situation Of Roads In Kogi State (694 Views)

Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway / Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Story About Situation Of Roads In Kogi State by Bari22: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2016
When yesterday i saw a post in nairaland about protest of truck drivers in kogi state i remain exited, for me it was not unexpexted and it was also a welcome development to me and other fellow truck drivers.

I'm a graduate from kano university of science and technology wudil waiting to be posted in coming batch b stream 2. Since last year i decided to start working with one of the trucks (trailers) own by my father before going to nysc. From what i observed kogi state is the nighmare of truck drivers because of the bad situation of roads and persecution from securities be it soldiers, police, civil defence, vio road safety and others. Let me highlight some of my experiences to you

1. I use to pass through many states in the country but interms of bad roads kogi state is the worst the moment you reach kabba junction then you did bye bye to smooth road from there up to okene to kabba is the death trap, the dis tance which can be covered in two hours will take u about six hours. From kwanar kande (ayere) which is the border town between kogi and ondo state there exist a three kilometre road is suppose to be completed by kogi state government because ondo has finish theirs this three kilometre road can not be pass through in the rainy season. Conlusively kogi state government as it seems doesn't care about the bad condition of their roads.

2. Interms of revenue when you enter kogi state you must pay 8,000 to 10,000 it depend of what you carry and the type of your motor be it trailer,ten tyre, j5 and others it does'nt from there when you reach ayere you must give 1000 for you to pass just because enter kogi state, many times i have to ask myself with the existence of obajana portland cement, heavy revenue from motorist and many other sources of revenue why a small small state like kogi will fail pay salary?

3. Interms of security agencies from sokoto up to tafa you will not see any check point but in kogi it is countless, if you carry cows, donkeys or wood it is 1000 per check point others ranging from 200 to 500. Police it is 500, 200, or 100 if you meet pitiful one's. There is a particular check point in when you pass ayere if you follow that way it is 2000 there if you carry wood, it is a three kilometre journey but you will spend atleast 3,500 because there are two soldiers check point and one police check point. Atleast you need 5,000 to 8,000 to pass through kogi only for security forces.

4. Last week soldiers in gadar murtala killed a motor boy because he gave him 500 instead of one thousand and nothing was done to them, they are still there collecting more bribe from public. One thing particular to this soldiers in gadar murtala is that you have pay before you pass through the bridge you must also pay after you pass.

I'am tired of writing because i'am typing using a phone but there are many more bad experiences i witness myself in kogi state what i mention is only for the roads i'm passing through there are many more roads which i did not ever pass through.

Lalasticlala i have done my part.

Re: True Story About Situation Of Roads In Kogi State by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Buhari A Right Violator Does Not Qualify To Mediate In Gambian Crisis / Governor Wike Presents 2017 Budget / National Airline To Begin Operation In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.