Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics (406 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Interview On Channels TV Politics Today With Seun Okinbaloye / Awo's Dysfunctional Legacy On Nigerian Politics / I Have Received Uncountable Insults Since I Joined Politics -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics by zabadii(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Gambia’s president lambasts mediators[b][/b]

Gambian President Yahya Jammeh has hit out at regional mediators urging him to step down, saying he will not be intimidated.

The West African regional bloc Ecowas had called on him to honour his initial pledge to accept electoral defeat.

Mr Jammeh, who subsequently said the 1 December poll was flawed, added that he would defend his country if need be.

Ecowas had said military intervention might be a possibility if diplomatic efforts failed.

Mr Jammeh has launched a court action to annul the vote after the electoral commission changed some results - though it insists the outcome has not been affected and that Adama Barrow won by 4% of the vote.

(1) (Reply)

2019 On My Mind: Where Are The Names?, By Olulana Alofe / How Jesus Saved Me From Joining Numerous Occultic Societies / Enter Here And Type Thank You As History Was Made Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.