Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 (15878 Views)

Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 / Oil price rises as uncertainty over Nigeria elections, Venezuela tension mounts / Aliko Dangote: 'I Need A Wife, I Am Not Getting Any Younger At 61' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by seenter84: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Will the recession end wit this?
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Jyunus: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
TrueHeart365:
even if it's $1000 a barrel dullhary won't still know what to do.

his cluelessness clearly reflects on his empty headed saints it took him 6+ months to find.

I think you are more clueless than any body. $100+ your hero could not achieve/acomplish any project in this country through out his 6 years in office. All that was generated has been looted by him & cronies. pls get brain.

3 Likes

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by lirusehn(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
laffwitmi:
He be impeached in 2023, so you will be happy then shocked shocked shocked
in your weirdest dream? tongue

undecided undecided
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by mekuso89(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
I De poo when am done I will comment grin
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by stuffs4me(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
Oil prices have been rising steadily for the past 9 months but the evil Buhari and his cohorts have been keeping it a secret and would rather lie to Nigerians about it.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
seenter84:
Will the recession end wit this?

No.

We need oil to be higher than this to end the recession.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Seriousboy: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
The reduce price of fuel
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
stuffs4me:
Oil prices have been rising steadily for the past 9 months but the evil Buhari and his cohorts have been keeping it a secret and would rather lie to Nigerians about it.

Oil has been rising (and Buhari cannot keep it a secret...especially as one can get the latest oil prices from CNN or Al Jazeera, or even online)...but the problem is

1.It isn't high enough. Lots of Nigerians like to talk about how they enjoyed under GEJ...when oil was as high as 90-144 usd. We need it at $110 at least.

2.We need to pay off debts incurred....due to severe oil price drops.(as low as $28 per barrel).

1 Like

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by sanemann: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nigeria surely needs this ryt now even as we r still speculating How to fund our over 7trn budget
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
Seriousboy:
The reduce price of fuel

Won't happen, sadly.

1.We still import fuel...most of our fuel needs (which is why we need more refineries).

2.We need oil to be above $80 to earn enough money to pay subsides for fuel.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
stuffs4me:
This has got to be the most dumbest post of the year, guy ur stupidity is like peak, it's in you.

2 Likes

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by persius555(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2016
Crude oil is price in a foreign currency. Why don't we work on our own economy and put value in our own currency.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
lirusehn:

shey na from heaven Ooduwa bin fall come down??
Na there we go go

Then you will have to die then,
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Jyunus: 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
Kelklein:
at least, GEJ can rest in peace now... grin grin

After squandering our all fortune. there is no rest for the wicked.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by nextprince: 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
stuffs4me:

Really? Buhari controls cnn and other international media I guess. Bro, sometimes it makes a lot of sense to remain silent on matters u know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by nextprince: 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
MrTruth4real:

This has got to be the most dumbest post of the year, guy ur stupidity is like peak, it's in you.

I swear. I just tire for the guy.

1 Like

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Alphasoar(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
If it gets to hundred again, all the instractural growth and manpower strengthening is going to be put on hold.
well because there will be money to share when they gather.
abeg crude hold on @ $55 till they have diversified this economy.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by slapacha: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
smackimorn:
Good news for those who have oil wells.

BTW

We should sell this country, am 101% sure US Will buy because they bought Alaska from Russia, not sure of Hawaii.
Where will Nigerians go?
Fulanis and hausas can join Niger and Chad(them resemble) charter lorry, Igbos can charter antonov to Israel and chase those fake Jews away(you sure need combat training so you don't F.up like the biafran war), Yorubas unfortunately I have never read anything pertaining to your existence, US can pay extra and have you guys(I hope you guys don't back stab).

grin grin
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by papiwyte(m): 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Say baba on point grin grin grin
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by folem: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
Landing cost of fuel is now N210 according to news reports. The price for fuel in 2017 may now reach N300/litre or are we to return to subsidy regime?
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Moheat(m): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
News like this doesn't get to the grass root. We are made to believe that this government is not living up to her expectations because of the price of crude but nobody will come out to tell you when the price of crude increases.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Ndolarr: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
Our policy makers should be proactive in initiating good policies to cushion the expected effect of high crude price on domestic price of petrol, which is likely to go up very soon! Not yet Uhuru!!
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Ndolarr: 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
Our policy makers should be proactive in initiating good policies to cushion the expected effect of high crude price on domestic price of petrol, which is likely to go up very soon! Not yet Uhuru!!
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Lawalemi(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sai Baba will rather keep the gain in TSA
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Emassive(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
Oyel all the time.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Cletus77(m): 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
Not a good news for Nigeria alone bt also for Venezuela
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by bejeria101(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
What wld dis inept govt do abt it? Have they nt borrowed their $30bn against 2019 election and still digging for groundnutoil in bornu. Awon ti aye ti ko sile.
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Seriousboy: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
9jakohai:

Won't happen, sadly.

1.We still import fuel...most of our fuel needs (which is why we need more refineries).

2.We need oil to be above $80 to earn enough money to pay subsides for fuel.
They all want to owned oil blocs, and not refineries

1 Like

Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by deenee: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
9jakohai:
Bad news for Nigeria.

Rising oil prices will make us forget about diversification.....and go back to the bad old practices of overimportaiton and looting that got us here in the first place.

Besides.....we need oil above $100 anyways for any impact.

God bless you so much. This is the most sensible post re this topic

I wonder why people are celebrating. If I have my way I would prefer for oil prices to remain depressed so we can really look inwards and diversify from this curse know as over reliance on crude revenue.

Besides Nigeria is not even producing at break even capacity of 2.2m barrels per day as we are barely trying to produce 1.2-1.6m barrels per day due to militant activities so there is really nothing to rejoice about.

I think this is a welcome new but should not derail from the drive to reduce our over dependence on oil as a main stream of the economy.

Good new but not the type of new that should make one wet his/her pants.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Strategical: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
How is this a good news to the Nigerian masses when the APC led government will soon come up to use the crude price increase as an excuse to justify why there is need to increase petroleum pump price?

Let's wait and see before we start the jubilation!
Re: Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
How much is the naira to dollar rate ? Has it fallen to 250?

A marginal increase in oil prices won't do us any good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Types Of People You Find In The Banking Hall / My Nasty Experience In Doing Business With Planet One By Eric Nwoko / Heavy Fire At Gas Station In Okitipupa, Ondo State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.