Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol (897 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch / Lai Mohammed: How Much Nigerians Can Make From Whistle-blowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Businessideas: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
BREAKING: Expose corruption and make money as Nigerian Govt adopts new whistle blowing policy.

December 21, 2016Sani Tukur

The Federal Government has approved a new policy on whistle blowing that aims to encourage Nigerians to report financial and other related crimes to relevant authorities.
The highlight of the policy is that whistleblowers whose revelations lead to recovery of money will be entitled to as much as 5 per cent of the recovered sum.
The new policy was approved Wednesday at the meeting of the Federal Executive Council , chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari inside the Council Chamber of the Aso Rock Villa.
The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, who announced the new policy to State House correspondents, said it is being put in place “in conjunction with the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice”.
She said the policy is a stop gap initiative until the National Assembly formally passes a law on whistle blowing.
She said the new programme encourages Nigerians with information on financial crimes to disclose it.
She said the aim is to strengthen the fight against corruption by the Buhari administration.
She said anyone who provides information leading to the recovery of fund will be entitled to not more than five per cent of the recovered sum.

Ms. Adeosun said the government will set up a website and provide a phone number and email for people to use.
She said anonymity and protection of whistleblowers will also be guaranteed.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/218608-breaking-expose-corruption-make-money-nigerian-govt-adopts-new-whistle-blowing-policy.html

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Mrdecent(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
that is good oh.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by wydmag(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
who do you think you are deceiving? do you want to tell me that those stealing does not know that what they are doing is bad? all i can say is that let there be an operating law that who steals from the country purse will be hanged with their families and sidechicks! GBAM!! I RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by shegxi(m): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Lol.....if this is implemented, even bosses will have no choice than to be loyal to their subordinate.
but as this is naija, we would always find a way round it. our laws are not d issue, the problem is those that will implement.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by saintkash(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
this is serious

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2016
I just like this woman. She seems to be the most outsanding so far in Bubu's administration.
God bless you Mrs Adeosun
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by IVORY2009(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
lolzzzzzz
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by cstr17: 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
deji15:
I just like this woman. She seems to be the most outsanding so far in Bubu's administration.
outstanding ko, instanding ni.
What does an afonja know about being outstanding? cheesy
Illiterates that voted for a cave man.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Sandydayziz(f): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
Who exactly is the relavant authority??
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by mazifrankmore: 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
We blow whistle tire on lawal and buratia still una no wan do something till today.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by cstr17: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
Btw, I stand corrected, but I don't think there is any developed country that adopt such measures.
Paying whistle-blowers to fulfil their civic duties is a very slippery slope that would without fail lead to the same corruption they claim they are trying to fight.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by mazifrankmore: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
deji15:
afonja working hard to sale her dummy sister.

grin
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
mazifrankmore:
afonja working hard to sale her dummy sister.

grin

I understand your pain..
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
cstr17:
outstanding ko, instanding ni.
What does an afonja know about being outstanding? cheesy
Illiterates that voted for a cave man.

You are still pained that the ineffectual buffoon was sent packing. Take heart..
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by tnthommie(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
Make i hear say APC give u shishi, stingy bastards. Dem go even arest you join.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by cstr17: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
deji15:

You are still pained that the ineffectual buffoon was sent packing. Take heart..
Pained? bleh.
I am not the one suffering the recession.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
cstr17:
Pained? bleh.
I am not suffering the recession.

Neither am I.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Elslim: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
My neighbor go soon hear am

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Horlufemi(m): 4:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
wydmag:
who do you think you are deceiving? do you want to tell me that those stealing does not know that what they are doing is bad? all i can say is that let there be an operating law that who steals from the country purse will be hanged with their families and sidechicks! GBAM!! I RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, stop. I haven't been able to stop laughing. Help o. grin
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by omowolewa: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
Seriously?!
The ground is set for pulling people down.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by cstr17: 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
deji15:

Neither am I.
I doubt that.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rubbish!!!!. Even those that wl blow the whistle have skeletons in their cupboards as well. Never u believe anything coming from this govt.
Re: Breaking:expose Corruption And Make Money As FGN Adopts New Whistle Blowing Pol by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
cstr17:
I doubt that.

Not my problem what you choose to doubt.

(1) (Reply)

Afonjas Should Consider Ifeanjuwa As The Real Founding Father Of Nijeriya / Mbaka To Buhari: Nigerians Are Dying In Your Hands / BREAKING: Justice Binta Nyako Angrily Leaves Courtroom As Nnamdi Kanu Vehemently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.