Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign (37029 Views)

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe / Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Doyin Okupe Spotted In A Keke Napep In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Lombardi: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2016
Doyin Okupe, a former aide to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, has dropped some surprising revelations about the 2015 general election even as he advised Nigerians to move on and forget the past.

Okupe on 2015 elections
Doyin Okupe says Nigerians should get over regrets of 2015 elections
In a statement released on his official Facebook account on Tuesday, December 20, Okupe hinted that he and his associates in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may have made statements that were untrue during the elections in the bid to get returned to office.

READ ALSO: Gambia leader Jammeh shuns President Buhari

He noted masking lies as truth was not uncommon in the political arena as was seen in the US elections that threw up Donald Trump as the incoming president of the most powerful country in the world.

Okupe also wondered why Nigerians are failing to accept the reality that the elections are over and keep being hateful instead of helping Nigeria to move forward.

He said:

Many Nigerians amaze me the way they go on and on about issues relating to the campaigns before the last elections.
One Ekewa Olu published a piece I wrote in December 3014 in the heat of the electioneering campaigns, pertaining to which past head of state built our refineries. The relevance of that piece yo the Nigerian situation now is extremely difficult to fathom.
Obviously it was intended for mischief.
Truth is, as was also evident in the last presidential elections in the US, candidates SNF their aides and surrogates say things , either to promote their principals or bring down his opponents.

Once elections are over, they are simply over. The nation comes together and move on.
Not in Nigeria. Many political naiveties, still bury their heads in the heaps of the whole gamut of the campaign trash, with still so much passion and hate.
We have had an election in this country, and as they say all is fair in love and war. The elections have been over for nearly 2years now. People should go back to their jobs or find something else to do till 2019. As for me its over, I am done. Period.
His statement has however enraged some of his Nigerian followers on social media who deemed his submission callous.

READ ALSO: NLC to Buhari: Get prepared for an industrial action from us

A Facebook user Ehi E Ekhator hit back:

Mr, Doyin Okupe permit me to ask you this question without disregard intended. You are actually saying you said many things before election that weren't true and Nigerians should grow up and move on?
I am only asking because of trust and confidence which are very important to the people who have over the years, felt being lied to.
Okupe replied:

Pls Mr man, politicians are not priests. I Don’t mean politicians lie, but something's are just said for electioneering purposes. Did trump not say he will jail Hilary if he wins. Is he talking about that now,? That's politics. Leave politics for politicians and face yr biz
Recall that the contest between Jonathan and President Muhammadu Buhari at the 2015 election was a tough competition that was filled with constant accusations and counter accusations between the then ruling party PDP and the opposition at the time APC.

A leading controversy in the campaigns was the President Muhammadu Buhari certificate saga.

https://www.naij.com/1078680-ex-jonathan-aide-okupe-slams-nigerians-2015-elections.html

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by AJOBI77(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
continue. Dr Atun iro ta

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by veekid(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2016

no penalty for this?
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by paulchineduN(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Buhari changing people's tone since 1900

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Sibrah: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
The real government of lies . . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by egedege1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Teewhy2: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
This are the same people, voters kill themselves on during elections and abuse themselves on nairaland. they take Nigerians as puns and play chess with them. They don't Have the interest of the citizen at heart but just what they will benefit .
With this crop of politicians hardly can Nigeria really move forward.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by FisifunKododada: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
cheesy so basically this is what Mr. Okupe is saying: Its okay for me to lie because they do it in America too. But, Mr. Okupe lying is wrong even if they do it in America too. cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by fratermathy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
Mr Doyin Okupe : but why?

Don't take politics too far. It's not a do or die affair.

7 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by aminho(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmm you see ur life!indomie brain

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Brymo: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
I have a deep and profound mistrust of all politicians.
Craig Ferguson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by tyson99(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
DOYIN FAT FOOL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by tyson99(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
k
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Mrdecent(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
We knew... Say no more

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by francisbarrack(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wettin b dis again....

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Princess4ng(f): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
See where una land us ooo... Where white leather of 50 naira is now 180 naira... Choi... Na only Matches change never affect
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by IYANGBALI: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
veekid:

no penalty for this?
which kind penarity?who go give am?

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by EazyMoh(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
The Bastard himself!

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by izzou(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin

That moment when defection is on your mind but you don't want to reveal it yet

Pa Doyin, I totally understand

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by DozieInc(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
Why is he telling us

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by xmich(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
We are used to lies and I know you are even lieing right now but continue

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by yibomustgo(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Doyin Okupe is actaually talking about flattheads, flat chest beaters yeeebos from yeastern side of Nigeria who have refused to move on from the thourough beaten ineffectual buffon and PDP took in the hands of Buhari and APC. All these deranged yeeebos have been doing is to show up at different embassies and diplomatic missions abroad with the cardboards showing lies like "GENOCIDE", "ETHNIC CLEANSING IN NIGERIA", "BUHARI IS KILLING IGBOS IN BIAFRA", "BIAFRALAND BEING ATTACKED BY ISLAMIIST GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA", "6000 BIAFRNS KILLED AND BURIED SECRETLY"....

Igbos can only lie but truth will always prevail. That is why their lies have not been taken serious so far anywhere in the world. Run to ICJ from now till 2090, nothing will happen.

THE WHOLE WORLD HAS REALIZED THAT YEEBOS ARE LIARS WITH THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN LYING ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH NO PRROF OF WHAT THEY'VE ACCUSED NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT OF DOING. MIND YOU, I HATE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BUT THE LIES YEEEBOS ARE SPREADING IS SOMETHING ELSE.

Ambassadors in Nigeria are bursting your lies and telling the government in western world that yeeebos are just lying.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by omowolewa: 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Now officially lier
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Okupe!

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by ajbf: 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
H
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by lyterydim(m): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Jesus December 3014 am out of here this topic is for those who are already in the future.

Time machine grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by balanceofterror1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
fratermathy:
Mr Doyin Okupe : but why?

Don't take politics too far. It's not a do or die affair.

Na you be this?

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by lyterydim(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
ajbf:
H
jesus 3014 future present tense,
Am out of here this topic is for those are already in the future grin
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
_*I don tire for all this yoruba women. self......Naso I wan go visit someone for togate at ibadan. On my way goin, I felt so thirsty. then I saw a woman selling Zobo! I asked her in english if its cold? I notice that the woman does not understand english . Nah so I con ask her in yoruba ( in ibadan accent) that "Mama, soboyin tutu?" Nah so d woman reply," Ori e lo buru, OBO IYARE LOMA GBONA IWO OMO RADARADA YI, Plz shey nah abuse I abuse d woman

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign by lyterydim(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months / Namadi Sambo Wins His Polling Unit For Atiku, PDP / Photo : Gov Fayose Rocking Dubai [oya Shakitibobo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.