Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months (37023 Views)

Market Women, State Workers Welcoming Governor Adeleke To Secretariat(photos) / Okorocha: I Don't Receive Salary, Don’t Know How Much Senators Earn / Oyo Corpers And Workers Receive Double Alerts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by tinsel: 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Workers in Benue State heaved a sigh of relief after receiving one month salary from the state government.

Some of the workers who spoke to our correspondent in Makurdi, the state capital, said they started receiving alerts on Sunday.

Oraduen, a worker under the state government’s employ, said it felt so good to get paid after working without pay for the past seven months.

“I feel so happy with the payment of this one month salary. I got an alert at about 8pm on Sunday. And my spirit has come alive again. The situation was so bad before now such that I had to park my car and trek.”

“Now, I can put my car in use; send some money to my sick my mother and buy food for my household. I’m not the only one excited, everyone in my office feels good too and those who haven’t been coming to work are at their duty post this morning. We hope to get another three months of salary before the end of the week,” Oraduen who didn’t want his first name mentioned, said.

Also, another worker, Fidelis, said he got a one month alert of payment of his salary on Monday morning after being owed for eight months.

Fidelis, alongside another worker, Daniel, expressed delight that the one month salary paid to them would cushion the effect of hardship which their families have been through in the past months of unpaid salaries.

The state’s Chairman of Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Terungwa Igbe, also confirmed that the workers have been paid one month salary.
Meanwhile, a few others including teachers and pensioners told our correspondent that they are still waiting to be paid.

A teacher in one of the Primary school in Makurdi, who just wanted to be identified as Doosuur, said they were hoping to be paid as well.

Chairman of the Concerned/Aggrieved Pensioners in Benue State, Comrade Akosu Ioream, said, “Local government pensioners of primary school board have started receiving alert but that is not a verified news. As for Benue State pensioners which I’m the chairman, we have not started receiving any alert; we having our exco meeting now, so if something like that has happened I would have known.

“We’re hoping that any moment from now, we will get our alerts; I hear that the delay is because they want to rid ghost pensioners and other irregularities as our voucher is being prepared. I also heard that the governor wants to pay us more than three months so they are preparing vouchers. But, there are no yet authentic information as to when and how we will start getting our pension alerts.”
https://dailytrust.com/salary-alerts-benue-workers-smile-to-banks-after-working-without-pay-for-7-months/

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by God1000(m): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good news, the new governor has a lot of work to do, Benue will rise again

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
EFCC should arrest former Governor of Benue State Samuel Ortom and ask him what he was using their unpaid salaries to do.

269 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Candidlady: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
A pity

8 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by BATdBigot: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
And how is this news for God's sake? Foreigners reading such pathetic news on nairaland would be wondering if Nigerians are normal or subhumans. Someone worked yet you make it seem as if paying their wages is such a great achievement?

I hope this pastor won't allow Tinubu's senseless propaganda infect him too.

52 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by siofragspot: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
How can we workers live comfortably when only a few of this elites are living a life of luxury while the majority are living in abject poverty?

Congratulations to the Benue people for electing PDP out of government house

A country were highly placed public officers were earning luxury wages to the detriment of Nigerian masses.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Faiththatworks(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hmmmmm
God bless Rev. Father Alia
God bless the sensible people of Benue state
God bless APC
God bless Senator George Akume for making Rev Father Alia the gubernatorial candidate of APC.
God destroy PDP
EFCC should imprison that failed Governor Called Ortom.
How can anyone even consider contesting for the post of a Senator after refusing to pay its pensioners for 10 months and government workers 3 month before an election.
Tueh on Ortom...
One month salary since December last year,now you understand why Failed Gov Ortom never wanted the Fulani crisis in Benue to stop,the man always had an excuse never to pay salaries and Pensions.
Every month end for more than 8 months,there was always a recycled press statement on Fulani herders invading Benue state,it's month end now and Gov Alia hasn't released any dirty press statement but instead paid the salary of the government workers.
Ortom should be a course in the University on failed leadership in Nigeria since We got our independence since 1960.
It's characters like Failed Governor Ortom that allows the military to take back power from civilians.
Thank God he has been sent to the jungle of perdition by sensible Benue people.
Tueh again on Failed Governor Ortom.
God bless Father Alia
God bless Benue state
God bless Nigeria

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by ManWater: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
This calls for Thanksgiving. That's just how bad it is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Parachoco: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
Civil servants were being owed and Labour was quite because ortom was supporting Pandora

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
If tinubu no prosecute Yeye Bello Sango go strike am.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by franktolk(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
BATdBigot:
And how is this news for God's sake? Foreigners reading such pathetic news on nairaland would be wondering if Nigerians are normal or subhumans. Someone worked yet you make it seem as if paying their wages is such a great achievement?

Which foreigner dey read your stories?
I laughed sometimes when I hear some people saying "the whole world is looking at us".

The truth is the average foreigner knows nothing about Nigeria. Some of them do not even know we speak English in Nigeria. They only go with what is reported on their media (the usual negative news about Africa)

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by ILEMUDA(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
Yahaya Bello of Kogi State is the most fraudelent Governor in Nigeria.

Someone that pay workers 3k as salary.

One thing I detest about Nigeria democracy is that once you're part of the ruling party you're still a saint.

We have to eradicate this if we want to grow as a country.

If Samuel Ortom can be question....... Why not arresting, Ganduje of Kano State, and also Yahaya Bello of Kogi State

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Betanaija42moro: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
May God bless the Governor.
I wonder why Ortom could not pay salary

4 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by duro4chang(m): 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Are you sure of what you are saying? What was the former governor doing with the monthly allocation? Ortom is a failure.

5 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by SmartPolician: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ortom was a disaster who used Buhari's incompetence to cover up his failure. I trust Father Hyacinth Alia to do a good job!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Greystone: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
What Nigerians need is just good leadership I swear

1 Like

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by christejames(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
That's great, I hope it's sustained...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by Caramia2020(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
Thank God for the new governor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by yarimo(m): 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
APC Governors and good governance are like 5 and 6

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by aieromon(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
EFCC should arrest former Governor of Benue State Samuel Ortom and ask him what he was using their unpaid salaries to do.

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, says Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, shouldn’t be blamed for owing salaries of workers and pensioners.
Ortom is known for having the longest record of unpaid salaries despite collecting different multi-billion naira loans.

Many workers under the state employ have been complaining of being owed several months’ salaries.

Speaking in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, Obi said Ortom shouldn’t be blamed for owing salaries because the governor usually spent millions of Naira monthly to run the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps across the state.

“Benue State is spending several millions to keep all these IDP camps running. There is no way all these things won’t cost Benue State about half a billion Naira monthly to keep them going.

“And then you go round and say they are owing salaries, owing contractors or they are owing anybody, it shows that they have to do those first before thinking about any other thing; because these people have to live. And ordinary, these shouldn’t be problem of Benue State, it should be the problem of Nigeria,” Obi said.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/25/nigerians-shouldnt-blame-benue-governor-ortom-owing-workers-salaries-pension-peter-obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7g_vbJiRw

12 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by NobleSeed(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏿🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by kokoA(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ortom was just deliberately wicked. The blood of all the innocent pensioners who died as a result of his wickedness is on his head.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by kokoA(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
franktolk:

Which foreigner dey read your stories.
I laughed sometimes when I hear some people saying "the whole world is looking at us".

The truth is the average foreigner knows nothing about Nigeria. Some of them do not even know we speak English in Nigeria. They only go with what is reported on their media (the usual negative news about Africa)
Foreigners wey never get time read about their own country finish go get it time think about Nigeria. Hehe

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by favor914: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
BATdBigot:

Mumu what senseless propaganda concerns Tinubu with Benue State.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
7 months......?

As in ehn and riff-raffs are collecting billions so called protection of pipeline when we have the NAVY...

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by wegevv: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Hmmmmm
God bless Rev. Father Alia
God bless the sensible people of Benue state
God bless APC
God bless Senator George Akume for making Rev Father Alia the gubernatorial candidate of APC.
God destroy PDP
EFCC should imprison that failed Governor Called Ortom.
How can anyone even consider contesting for the post of a Senator after refusing to pay its pensioners for 10 months and government workers 3 month before an election.
Tueh on Ortom...
One month salary since December last year,now you understand why Failed Gov Ortom never wanted the Fulani crisis in Benue to stop,the man always had an excuse never to pay salaries and Pensions.
Every month end for more than 8 months,there was always a recycled press statement on Fulani herders invading Benue state,it's month end now and Gov Alia hasn't released any dirty press statement but instead paid the salary of the government workers.
Ortom should be a course in the University on failed leadership in Nigeria since We got our independence since 1960.
It's characters like Failed Governor Ortom that allows the military to take back power from civilians.
Thank God he has been sent to the jungle of perdition by sensible Benue people.
Tueh again on Failed Governor Ortom.
God bless Father Alia
God bless Benue state
God bless Nigeria

Where is Buhari’s blessing? 💀

Abi that APC failure too much to shallow? 💀

1 Like

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by DevilsEqual(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
APC has really destroyed this country
Father Alia representing LP well....Giringory must be proud of this

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by omenka(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Imagine the horror going on in my state. No thanks to the pathological crook called Ortom. Despite all these, Obidients wanted to have my head on a spike for criticizing the man simply because he says the things they like to hear.

I could never wish an Ortom even on the state I dislike the most. That man is evil.

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue State Workers Receive Salary Alerts For The First Time In Seven Months by omenka(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
7 months......?

As in ehn and riff-raffs are collecting billions so called protection of pipeline when we have the NAVY...
What exactly has that got to do with this? What did Ortom do with the allocations he received from December last year to May? Do you even have any idea what's happening on Benue state?

102 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu / Governor Fayose Visits A Roadside Hairsaloon. / Obasanjo, Fayemi Meet Governor Wike In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.