Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Marian Feasts – Their Significance And Dates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marian Feasts – Their Significance And Dates (532 Views)

Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It / 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) / Easter Day Significance And True Meaning!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marian Feasts – Their Significance And Dates by microsofttutor(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
Source: http://www.myhealthcrave.com/2016/12/marian-feasts-their-significance-and.html

Marian Feast are the feast that pertains to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Some prominent Marian feasts are:
1. Feast of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (15th August)
2. Feast of Immaculate Conception f the Blessed Virgin Mary (8th December)
3. Feast of Mary Mother of God (1st January)

Now let me discuss them one after the other
1. FEAST OF ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY:

In this feast, we recall how the Blessed Virgin Mary was taken, body, soul and spirit into heaven. She never tested death. That is why she always appears to her children from time to time. There has been testimonies on this fact.
As she stepped into heaven, the holy trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) crowned her the queen of heaven.
As she entered, she was welcome by hosts of God’s Angels.
This feast is celebrated by Catholics worldwide on every 15th August.
2. FEAST OF IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY:

In this feast, we celebrate the Blessed Virgin Mary as the only one who was conceived in her mother’s womb without getting a share from the sin of Adam and Eve.
God chose the Blessed Virgin Mary and kept her pure even before she was born.
Every 8th December, Catholics worldwide celebrate this feast.
3. FEAST OF MARY MOTHER OF GOD:

In this feast, we celebrate the Blessed Virgin Mary as the mother of God. Many churches argue that the Blessed Virgin Mary is not the mother of God. This is the arch controversy between Catholics and other churches. Jesus Christ is the second person in the Holy trinity. But the three persons (father, son, Holy Spirit) are equal in every aspect. Since Jesus Christ is among the Holy trinity, then he is God himself. Also since the Blessed Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is God himself, then the Blessed Virgin Mary in the mother of God. The feast of Mary mother of God is celebrated by Catholics worldwide every 1st January.
Other Marian feasts and their dates are:

• The Annunciation of the Lord - March 25 (It may be either moved to the day before Palm Sunday should this date be on Holy Week; or to the Monday after the second Sunday of Easter if this date falls on either Friday or Saturday of Holy Week or during Easter Week)
• The Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary May 31
• The Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary 9 days after Corpus Christi
• The Queenship of Mary - August 22
• The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary - September 8
• Our Lady of Sorrows - September 15
• Our Lady of the Rosary - October 7
• The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary - November 21
Optional Marian feasts and their dates are:

• Our Lady of Lourdes - February 11
• Our Lady of Fatima - May 13
• Our Lady of Mount Carmel - July 16
• Dedication of the Basilica of Saint Mary Major - August 5
• The Most Holy Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary - September 12
• Our Lady of Guadalupe - December 12
NOTE:

These Marian feast and dates listed here were gotten from the General Roman Calendar. There are other Marian Feasts celebrated in various localities which were not included in the Roman calendar.
Some Notable Marian Events in Catholic Churches are:

• May devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary which takes place in the month of March in all Catholic churches worldwide.
• October devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary which takes place in the month of March in all Catholic churches worldwide. The month of October is also dedicated to the Holy Rosary.

UNIQUE ATTRIBUTES OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Below are some unique attributes of Our Lady, The Blessed Virgin Mary:
1. She never inherited any sin and never tasted any sin unlike every other being that got a share from the sin of the first man and woman (Adam and Eve). She is ever pure.
2. God chose her even before she was born.
3. It was through her that God reconciled with the world after the fall of the first man and woman. The fall of man came from a woman called Eve. Also God reconciled with man through a woman called Eve (Another name for the Blessed Virgin Mary).
4. The devil is afraid of her. There have been many testimonies of miracles performed with the rosary.
5. She is the mother of God – She is the only one who had the privilege to house and (the son) in her womb, no other womb was found worthy.
6. She was honoured by God himself.
7. She was the only one who was never baptized but entered into the kingdom of God. There was no need for her baptism because she was conceived without getting a share from the sin of the first man and woman.
8. She was ever humble and submitted herself to the will of God. When Angel Gabriel informed her that she will be the mother of God, she never gave excuses. In Luke 1:38, Mary said to Angel Gabriel, “I am the Lord’s servant, may it happen to me as you have said”.
9. She was the only one God greeted. God sent his greetings to her through Angel Gabriel.

MAGNIFICAT – MARY’S SONG OF PRAISE

MARY’S VISIT TO ELIZABETH

When Mary was informed that her sister Elizabeth was six months pregnant, she went to visit her. Immediately Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, he baby on Elizabeth’s womb leaped for joy and she was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (Jesus Christ)! And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord. (Read Luke 1:39 – 45).

In Luke 1:46-56, Mary said (her song of praise),

My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my savior, for he has regarded the lowly estate of his handmaiden.
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed, for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on those who fear him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm, he has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted those of low degree.
He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent empty away.
He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity forever”.
And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her home.

NOTE:

There are many blessings and indulgences for those who keep these devotions and say the rosary regularly.

Click http://www.myhealthcrave.com/2016/12/marian-feasts-their-significance-and.html to read full article

Read also: HOW TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD AS A CHILD OF GOD at http://www.myhealthcrave.com/2016/12/how-to-keep-moving-forward-as-child-of.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spirit Meat: Three Keys To Connect To Your Destiny Portion (1) - Luke 15:11-24 / Prophetic Word To The Terrified Elite / If Man Discovered Aliens Planet Will It End Religion On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.