Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu (11660 Views)

After Buhari Seal Oyegun’s Fate Oshiomhole, Onu, Nnamani Favoured For APC Chair / Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant / Ogbonnaya Onu Rides In A Wooden Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by darknetcom: 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
nuclear is the way forward...

our electricity problems will disappear quick..

the fallout??...

not all nigerians are rough in nature...

we have nigerians that are very disziplined too...
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by pwetie: 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
When other countries like America are going Solar and adopting other renewable sources of energy like Wind, Tidal and the rest. Nigeria is aiming Nuclear!!!!!
Someone will come and tell me Nigeria is smarter than this countries that are venturing into renewal sources! Insane country.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by obiezed: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2016
laudate:

God forbid!! angry They should NOT try building such things here... do they want to kill our people? sadWe have not yet mastered the basics of disposing our environmental wastes properly, which is why a lot of our streets and cities are an eyesore. So how on earth will the radioactive, toxic waste generated by these nuclear plants, be handled??! shocked
Stop living in the 80s,generation of electricity from nuclear fissionable material is a stable technology,heck there are mini plants on some universities campuses in the US,from the write-up,it will be managed by the Russians and if Nigeria was a fair place,it will located in cross river close to our uranium deposits. Such a federal project will go a long way to boost the economy especially tourisim which the area is a gold mine for.

But there is politics of hate in our country and expect small minds to calling for it to be located in the north just for some sort of sense of geographic control.Also, the deal is still just in talks stage, expect the UEA to pose road blocks to this,there is politics on many levels on this,
I hope the simple plan to provide cheap electricity for Nigerians does not become a push-pull issue between the US and Russia over Nigerian relations.,here's hoping.

BTW,nice one,Onu
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by drnoel: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2016
laudate:

God forbid!! angry They should NOT try building such things here... do they want to kill our people? sadWe have not yet mastered the basics of disposing our environmental wastes properly, which is why a lot of our streets and cities are an eyesore. So how on earth will the radioactive, toxic waste generated by these nuclear plants, be handled??! shocked

Why are u screaming. Its a pipe dream. They haven't built second Niger bridge its nuclear plant. Who is deceiving who? Besides did u not hear una finance minister say she suggested coal plant but the powers that be refused and tried fraustrating that idea. Its these powers that be that suggested nuclear power and they suggested they would help Nigeria build and maintain it but ur minister of Finance said and I quote "they are suggesting we look towards green engery or nuclear for our power. Nigeria doesn't have the tesources or capability to build or maintain such enormous projects and endeavours into such will put us and our children into poverty".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by almarthins(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2016
Nuclear power plant! For this Nigeria ? Except some body is up to mischief. Any sensible Nigerian should nt support it. It is like given a 5yr old kid the key to fly a plane. Just imagine what will happen the plan.na only naija satellite dey miss for obit...yes only in naija. We are not ready for such monstrous responsibility.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by pwetie: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
obiezed:

Stop living in the 80s,generation of electricity from nuclear fissionable material is a stable technology,heck there are mini plants on some universities campuses in the US,from the write-up,it will be managed by the Russians and if Nigeria was a fair place,it will located in cross river close to our uranium deposits. Such a federal project will go a long way to boost the economy especially tourisim which the area is a gold mine for.

But there is politics of hate in our country and expect small minds to calling for it to be located in the north just for some sort of sense of geographic control.Also, the deal is still just in talks stage, expect the UEA to pose road blocks to this,there is politics on many levels on this,
I hope the simple plan to provide cheap electricity for Nigerians does not become a push-pull issue between the US and Russia over Nigerian relations.,here's hoping.

BTW,nice one,Onu

"It will be managed by the Russians".......How pathetic! We would continue to remain slaves to this people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by darknetcom: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
pwetie:
When other countries like America are going Solar and other renewable sources of energy like Wind, Tidal and the rest Nigeria is aiming Nuclear!!!!!
Someone will come and tell me Nigeria is smarter than this countries that are venturing into renewal sources! Insane country.

but they have enough whealth to do that...

we are starting from zero since 1960...

china started with coal...
now nuclear..

the chinese are not messing around with solar..
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by almarthins(m): 9:24am On Dec 22, 2016
obiezed:

BTW,nice one,Onu

No be stability we dey talk now. Na ability to maintain them. Nuclear plant no be small thing o
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by almarthins(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2016
pwetie:

"It will be managed by the Russians".......How pathetic! We would continue to remain slaves to this people

God forbid o! Russian those wicked pale skin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by sinkhole: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Hehehe.. with our level of complacency and reckless abandonment.. Nigeria will definitely make Chernobyl look like a bed time story.

PS.. they better locate it in Kano or Sokoto or Kaduna, just so when shiit hits the fan. grin grin
its already sited in Kogi and Akwa-Ibom, according to Fashola
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by darknetcom: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
almarthins:

No be stability we dey talk now. Na ability to maintain them. Nuclear plant no be small thing o

nuclear plant is a small thing..

the world has much more dangerous things that can kill you today...

stop living in the 80s...
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by jinxet2000: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2016
No be only nuclear plant even nuclear bomb. Meanwhile people are reading citing location for the federal government I am watching you, ogbonnaya Onu. Real oji onu.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by Ecosystem4u: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2016
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by obiezed: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2016
pwetie:

Pathetic??, No,my dear,that's is how transference of technology works,they will have to manage for a while,while training their replacement.the Russian company is a private establishment so the workers can come from any where. Welcome to globalization,the TOTwill probably be in the agreement.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by obiezed: 9:53am On Dec 22, 2016
almarthins:

If you keep thinking small,then small you shall remain,meanwhile there are already fellow nigerians working in various nuclear facilities across the globe,we already have msc's and PhDs in nuclear physics.so kini big deal.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by erico2k2(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by seifini(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2016
I don't think dis man understands D security implications; A country where one dissident group can just seize more 1 local govts.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2016
the mofo's that cant even maintain and sustain a refinery want to embark on building a nuclear power plant. they sha looking for ways to kill nigerians. me i know they will tell stories when radiation starts to leak

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2016
obiezed:

If you keep thinking small,then small you shall remain,meanwhile there are already fellow nigerians working in various nuclear facilities across the globe,we already have msc's and PhDs in nuclear physics.so kini big deal.
does these places ring a bell: Chernobyl and Fukushima? if not look them up and see the havoc that a nuclear plant can cause

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:12am On Dec 22, 2016
asorocker:
This is the best Idea by the APC government so far, they should endeavour to site it in Lagos and Kano as this would solve the perenial electricity problem of the 2 most populous states in Nigeria , it will also serve to boost the industrialization of the 2 states and deepen the cost effective manufacture of goods and services and reduce the quantum waste in Diesel.

This is the best News so far i have heard this year.

Kudos to the best APC Ministers in Buhari's cabinet and a first class Engineer.

Please this 2 Nuclear plants can only be meaningful if they are sighted in the Lagos and kano states as they are core APC states and should not be wasted in wailers states as the wailers are in opposition parties.

Lagos to me won't be ideal to site the nuclear plant due to some environmental factors I will list below..

1. Geologically,Lagos Is a sedimentary terrain that such plants can't stand the underground pressure
2.nuclear plant cannot be sited in a populated environment like Lagos due to the radiation and waste
3.Lagos state is a coastal state.. nuclear plants are usually sited in a basement complex(hard rocks) environment..

thanks and God bless
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by NobleG1(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2016
Nigerians are not mentally fit to maintain Nuclear reactors!
Nigeria is abysmally terrible with maintenance of anything.

A nuclear station that lacks good and steady maintenance can release radioactive materials which could wipe out everyone in a town.

Nuclear power is great but it's not for Nigeria of today.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by fuckpro: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2016
asorocker:
This is the best Idea by the APC government so far, they should endeavour to site it in Lagos and Kano as this would solve the perenial electricity problem of the 2 most populous states in Nigeria , it will also serve to boost the industrialization of the 2 states and deepen the cost effective manufacture of goods and services and reduce the quantum waste in Diesel.

Please this 2 Nuclear plants can only be meaningful if they are sighted in the Lagos and kano states as they are core APC states and should not be wasted in wailers states as the wailers are in opposition parties.
... grin grin undisputed master of sarcasm I see how you take style vote Lagos and kano ...as we all know they lead in industrialization and need this 'development' most grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by UyiIredi(m): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2016
Even their choice of partner is foolish. Russia has a track record of unsafe practice in harnessing nuclear energy. America would have been the wiser option.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by babajero(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2016
omowolewa:
Now that the South East are been neglected, a project like this would be better sited there. Something like in Obingwa.

No qoute me oo o because Terms & Conditions MAY apply
it will better built in the north and the West in other to reduce the number of bastards, wayward and child mothers there. At least it will help Nigeria a great deal.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by babajero(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2016
omowolewa:
Now that the South East are been neglected, a project like this would be better sited there. Something like in Obingwa.

No qoute me oo o because Terms & Conditions MAY apply
it will better built in the north and the West in other to reduce the number of bastards, wayward and child mothers there. At least it will help Nigeria a great deal..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by obiezed: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2016
prettyboi1989:

does these places ring a bell: Chernobyl and Fukushima? if not look them up and see the havoc that a nuclear plant can cause
Yawns,the tragic Chernobyl meltdowns are largely due to human error and Fukushima was hit by a tsunami, an act of god if you will,also you know of these incidents because the plants were located within range of large population centers.
There are tens of nuclear facilities in Russia since the 50"s,especially in Siberia,and you only know of Chernobyl, (by the way, there have been other incidents)
In Nigeria, we have the space to locate such facilities far from human population centers in case of meltdown,as a precaution..welcome to the brave.new world.this is actually the most pertinent and expedient source of cheap power with plans of course to scale down once we can boost alternative natural sources to maximum efficiency.
It could actually work for us if we scale down on size of plant and other things,
p.s south Africa, india, iran, isreal australia to just name a few,has been generating nuclear power since,no meltdown.
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by maxzzo1(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2016
Ponponkon:
Nice one Dr Ogbonnaya Onu. Please follow it up to fruition

https://www.nairaland.com/3532199/pictures-two-new-highways-akwa
Non sense pple dat cannot manage hydro,gas even coal plant na nucleu plant na wao....
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by sammyj: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2016
You want to build nuclear plant when you cannot maintain common refineries. Heaven help this people! ! shocked angry
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by wtfCode: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2016
Ok, they should install it in the north.
Don't ask me why?
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by kelvinhotz(m): 11:21am On Dec 22, 2016
we should start with toothpicks first
Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by princejayboss: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2016
asorocker:

Before misinformed Nigerians like you will begin to jump up and down.... This move was first made GEJ, in fact 70% of the deal was put in place by the GEJ.

Now to my question, do you really know what nuclear power plant is ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu by princejayboss: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
This news cracked me up, kai... What do this people take us for... Imagine Nigeria talking nuclear power plant lol.

We not ready for this and them know but they only want a news that will make the gullible happy.

Nigerians forgot that power generation is not the major issue, if you generate 5 trillion MW, but you can distribut it, the power generated will end up wasted at various hot spot.

Buhari and co should stop deceiving themselves and face reality

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Port Harcourt In Total Shut Down- PICTURES / Insecurity: Be Ahead Of The Attackers - Buhari Orders DSS, Police, Others / Uzodimma: Names Of Sponsors Of Imo Insecurity To Be Named by January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.