Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

The Honorable Minister Of Sports Said "EXPENDED" Not "Spended" (photo) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Honorable Minister Of Sports Said "EXPENDED" Not "Spended" (photo) (649 Views)

Fulham FC Arrives Nigeria, Meet Ex Minister Of Youth And Sports Development / List Of Sports Club In Nigeria / Honoring The Honorable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Honorable Minister Of Sports Said "EXPENDED" Not "Spended" (photo) by Xigima: 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
According to many of those who were present at the public audience in which the Honorable Minister of Sports defended the expenses of his ministry, the Hon. Minister actually said “EXPENDED” and not “spended” as most people chose to hear.

He used a more erudite and appropriate term within the context. If there is any embarrassment, they claim it is that of Channels TV whose audio playback blackmailed the embattled minister by mumbling his words. In accounting parlance, when money is disbursed and subsequently used or unused, it is said to be “EXPENDED”. The Hon. Minister used the perfectly correct terminology which most grammarians obviously do not comprehend. As such, if anyone was expecting him to use the less appropriate term “SPENT”, then it isn’t their lucky day…

http://punchng.com/trending-solomon-dalungs-spended-grammar/

http://punchng.com/dalung-ministers-buhari-spended-months-search/

Re: The Honorable Minister Of Sports Said "EXPENDED" Not "Spended" (photo) by softwerk(f): 1:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Absolute nonsense!

Na the first one God dey hear. grin

1 Like

Re: The Honorable Minister Of Sports Said "EXPENDED" Not "Spended" (photo) by oloriooko(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
OP you need to be spended
So using expended is an achievement for the useless man?
What are we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: The Honorable Minister Of Sports Said "EXPENDED" Not "Spended" (photo) by baltty: 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
This surely confirms what I had in mind. When I listened to his response, what I heard was "expended". I was surprised when people stated saying it was "spended" he said.

(1) (Reply)

Fa Cup 5th Round Draw / BREAKING: Bayern Munich Star To Miss Arsenal's UCL Clash / Rohr Picks Musa, Ikeme, Onazi, 22 Others For Lions, Etalons Games.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.