Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (16888 Views)

Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) / Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by oshopo: 5:12am On Dec 22, 2016
please can anyone outline the cost of building a 4 bedroom duplex in Ebonyi State for mw
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by ejikeme(m): 5:58am On Dec 22, 2016
oshopo:
please can anyone outline the cost of building a 4 bedroom duplex in Ebonyi State for mw

do yourself a favour, get a quantity surveyor.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by promohouse(m): 7:02am On Dec 22, 2016
ok
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Haniel18: 7:02am On Dec 22, 2016
Just two comment and it's on fp.hmmm
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jeftalene(m): 7:03am On Dec 22, 2016
Check out prices of building materials and labour rates at www.engineerosaz..com
Success on your project!
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kenkels: 7:04am On Dec 22, 2016
grin

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Mrjo(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Where in ebonyi
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Dsrooftiles: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Ok
15m

Current Price of Stone Coated in Nigeria >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by themosthigh: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2016
[size=18pt] why would someone want to build such a house in ebonyi state? Rather invest the money in profitable ventures like snake faming.
Pytons are very expensive and if you go to idemili and catch all those sacred Pytons,breed them and sell them to people.

[/size]
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jeftalene(m): 7:07am On Dec 22, 2016
oshopo:

Any standard 4-bedroom duplex will cost at least 15 Million Naira from design to completion. If you need the service of a professional contractor with ample experience handling projects in the East too, Contact Engr. Osaz' on 08167394799.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Professor101(m): 7:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Seek advice from experts not here
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by emmabest2000(m): 7:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Professor101:
Seek advice from experts not here
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Dsrooftiles: 7:09am On Dec 22, 2016
oshopo:

You can't know the Accurate cost due to the unstable cost of building materials in the country..
But u can budget 15m for standard duplex..

Please Don't forget to call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359 For your Rooftiles....

See The Current price of Rooftiles here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by briliantsak(m): 7:09am On Dec 22, 2016
WHY DO YOU NEED A QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Do you know it is essential to evaluate/estimate your conceived project to determine the cost implication before commencement to guide against project failure or abandonment
Do you know the feasibility of any construction project does not guarantee its viability ( value for money)
Do you know many contractors run at loss or abandon projects not because of materials or equipment but as a result of lack of efficient project management (Quantity Surveyor)
Do you know you can maximize your profit as a contractor by employing cost expert _( Quantity surveyor)
Do you know you can save money, time, materials etc on your project as a client if you employ cost expert ( Quantity surveyor)
Do you know you can avoid unnecessary waste before , during and after your project(s) by employing Quantity surveyors hence get value for your investment
Do you know the relevance of Quantity surveyors in budget preparation and analysis is indispensable.
This and many other are the reasons why you need a Quantity surveyor. Why not give it a try trial today and employ a Quantity surveyor/Cost expert/ construction economist in your project(s) and you would be amazed as to what you have bn missing.
For more information , contact 08134781882.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by ezenna191(m): 7:13am On Dec 22, 2016
A Quantity Surveyor is your best bet. Cost of building materials is high in Ebonyi State because of greedy traders. However the soil in most areas of the south and north zones of the state is good for building.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by victorazy(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2016
DPC level - 2m
After decking -3m
Roofing - 2.5m
Windows and doors - 3m
Electrical, mechanical - 2m
Finishing / POP - 2.5

Budget 15-17m

Location doesn't really make diff.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 22, 2016
Ebonyi I know will cost u nothing less than 20million to build a 4-bedroom flat..
then again it depends of the area...take for instance in Onwe road Abakaliki a plot of land goes between 12-15 million naira,imagine just buying a plot of land for that amount.Then take into account the cost of building materials,labourers and so on.
the south of the state have good soil texture for building and plot of land is relatively cheaper there.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by adebaxton(m): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2016
Roughly 13 Million for the Foundation to Roofing Level.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Slimflame(m): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=18pt] why would someone want to build such a house in ebonyi state? Rather invest the money in profitable ventures like snake faming.
Pytons are very expensive and if you go to idemili and catch all those sacred Pytons,breed them and sell them to people.

[/size]
you self

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by KingMicky3286: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Brother , my best advice for you is that if you dont have enough cash, Just start with what you have to mold blocks and irons, buy gravel to keep one side when you have money you can start building.

My brother is an engineer and my wife is Architect. We can give you a good work. I am also from Ebonyi State. I based abroad while my brother is in Nigeria.

We can design a duplex for you. He is currently doing a duplex in Mbano ,now

God Bless You all.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by lonelydora: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2016
Biko, how are you people making this money in this recession? Everybody is building house.

Baba God, na me dey call you since, abeg, pick up my call.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by danemenike: 7:35am On Dec 22, 2016
Good morning nairalanders......
We they engineers in this forum have answered this question cheerfully for the umpteenth time. Be enlightened, adequate preparation prevents poor performance. Steps to building your 4-bedroom duplex;
i) Carry out a land survey: This will help you determine the size, area and slope of your land. A good land surveyor will carry out this task effectively.(Cost 20k-100k)

ii)Get a building Plan: A building plan is a graphical representation of what a building will look like after construction, used by builders and contractors to construct buildings of all kinds. With the introduction of modern CAD, most people can design their buildings themselves.
However, it is advisable you hand it over to an Architect/Engineer to help you design according to specifications. For your 4-bedroom duplex, the building plan will contain GROUND FLOOR, FIRST FLOOR, REAR VIEW, APPROACH VIEW, LEFT AND RIGHT VIEWS, SECTION VIEWS, ROOF PLAN, STRUCTURAL DRAWING, ELECTRICAL and MECHANICAL DRAWINGs e.t.c (cost 50k-200k)

iii) Quantify the Building: Steps i and ii will help you quantify the cost of your building with the recent building materials pricing. Cost of building materials have increased geometrically over the last one year. If you can't carry out the quantity survey yourself, you're advised to employ the services of a quantity surveyor, architect or an engineer who has knowledge of QS. (Cost 20k-100k). Note: You can also negotiate step ii and iii together

iv) Get approval for your building: Their will be authorities in your locality charged with responsibility of approving building drawings, ask your architect/engineer for more details.
Engr. Daniel (Registered COREN Engineer)
TerraStone Construction Ltd

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Olulinks(m): 7:37am On Dec 22, 2016
victorazy:
DPC level - 2m After decking -3m Roofing - 2.5m Windows and doors - 3m Electrical, mechanical - 2m Finishing / POP - 2.5
Budget 15-17m
End time Quantity Surveyor!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by rockyh(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2016
victorazy:
DPC level - 2m
After decking -3m
Roofing - 2.5m
Windows and doors - 3m
Electrical, mechanical - 2m
Finishing / POP - 2.5

Budget 15-17m

location makes a huge difference in my place in lagos we pay 500k (300k for fencing and100k each for every level)to land onwers for fencing to first decking.so when u get to the roof level u pay 200k for roofing this was the price as at 2011 n some places charge higher s
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by KingMicky3286: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2016
rockyh:
location makes a huge difference in my place in lagos we pay 500k (300k for fencing and100k each for every level)to land onwers for fencing to first decking.so when u get to the roof level u pay 200k for roofing this was the price as at 2011

Who are the land owners......................If you buy land is it now your own??.......?? grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by greenermodels: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2016
any modest sized4~5 bedroom duplex would cost you approximately 15 million naira.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by victorazy(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2016
Olulinks:

End time Quantity Surveyor!

Sorry sir am an architect not QS. My preempt is out of experience. Tnx.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by NaijaFutbol: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2016
oshopo:

Contact Spyder880. He has built one in Ebonyi.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by victorazy(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2016
rockyh:
location makes a huge difference in my place in lagos we pay 500k (300k for fencing and100k each for every level)to land onwers for fencing to first decking.so when u get to the roof level u pay 200k for roofing this was the price as at 2011 n some places charge higher s

If you check my comment I didn't rule it out totally as what can be cheap in rural areas is just labour, materials and other things are not.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by legendte(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2016
This is a dumb question to me.

People are just looking for contract.
What is the size of the building?
What type of soil do you have there?

Don't expect to get good answers from people here because you asked a dumb question.
There is nothing like a standard 4 bedroom or a set amount to spend on it.

Take it stage by stage. Get a building design first.
It's more reasonable to ask how much would it cost to build a 2×4 room with toilet. At least it is specific. Get a design and ask about 5 different contractors how much they would charge you for labour. Who is going to supervise it plays a vital role in determining how much you will spend.
If you are to supervise it or your trusted relative or friend, believe me that much would be saved.

You can ask the current prices for materials here.
These contractors suck their would be clients during purchase of materials.

Take an experienced person along when you want to buy aggregate. If you contract it, they will supply 20 tons for 30 tons.
Ask different people the price of steel and cement.

When you get to the roofing level, I will give you a clue on how to save 50%
The criminals kill during measurement.
They add as high as 250 square metres or use 0.35 when you pay for 0.45mm.
I will show you the secret.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2016
I will advice you should just start the project with what you have at hand and watch how things unfold, because if you continue to look out for what you should budget, it is likely not going to be the exact cost by the time your building will be completed based on the current market trends regarding the cost of building materials. Hence, it is a gradual process, you will surely get there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Building 8/12 Suite Hotel Rooms / 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex For Sale.. / HELP-- Monthly Or Quarterly Rent Accommodation Or Sublet Needed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.