Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) (31191 Views)

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 / Victims Of The Collapsed Three-Storey Building In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Talk2Bella(f): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hopez456:
Jeesu! You're missingo. I am also an intro but I occasionally visit the museum, slave relics, point of no return whispering palms to cool my head. Very sure you won't regret visiting whispering palms, in fact u won't want to go back home, it's a paradise on earth lol.

which mumu paradise loooooool

whispering palms is close to my house been there just once

not worth the hype joor
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Hopez456(m): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
Talk2Bella:

which mumu paradise loooooool

whispering palms is close to my house been there just once

not worth the hype joor
To be Frank, whispering palms is a nice place to be. it's because it's close to your house jor, how I wish I were u, mehn that would be my abode lol.
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by supereagle(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
This is what shaped Yoruba nation.

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by joshkunn: 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Stories that touch
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Talk2Bella(f): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hopez456:
To be Frank, whispering palms is a nice place to be. it's because it's close to your house jor, how I wish I were u, mehn that would be my abode lol.

lool e go tire u
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Hopez456(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
Talk2Bella:

lool e go tire u
If I hear, Water no dey tire body naw. I am in fact gonna be there for Christmas fun.

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by rabzy: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Rossikki:
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE SIGNIFYING THE GROSS IGNORANCE AND MENTAL SLAVERY OF NIGERIANS TO THEIR FORMER COLONIZERS. EVEN A CURSORY STUDY OF NIGERIAN HISTORY SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THE FIRST STOREY BUILDINGS IN NIGERIA WERE BUILT HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF ANY WHITE MAN. THE CITY OF KANO HAD LITERALLY HUNDREDS, AND POSSIBLY THOUSANDS OF STOREY BUILDINGS LONG BEFORE 1845 OR WHATEVER INSULTING DATE THE OP SUGGESTED FOR OUR 'FIRST STOREY BUILDING', BUT IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY WILL NOT LET NIGERIANS STUDY THEIR OWN HISTORY. NO WONDER YOU ARE THE SKIN BLEACHING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. WORTHLESS. SELF LOATHING PEOPLE WITH ZERO COMMON SENSE.

Thank you for this... I was about going apoplectic over this guy before I saw your comment.
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Electronzeez(m): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
OBALORLA:

I can't thank you enough bro.
you've always been following all my posts.

When I see your work for the first time i can't resist it but request to follow your previous and future work .

This is what you should know . Your start up is always excellent . The way you come by your narration is perfect ,from.basic to finish and of course pictures a vital ingredient gives the almighty flavour .

Thanks as I have learnt history from your tour .

I don't know if lalasticlala prefer this kind of thread , if he doesn't nairalanders do.
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Taku555(m): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
I enjoyed reading this very enlightening post.

Had already concluded plans for a trip to Olumo Rock, and Badagry even before i read your piece.

Thanks.
what a great piece of work. I really enjoyed it. Though I had the opportunity to study some elements of history. These names are familiar.
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by Taku555(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Great work to be frank
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 12:42am On Dec 23, 2016
MykLANNY:
You were right when you said most unpopular cos I never knew all that before but not anymore.... Thanks for writing history
its the little i can do to help the situation
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2016
abumeinben:
Greta work...

I love history.
thanks for the interest. don't stop liking history

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2016
Horlufemi:
I like history

my aim is to continue making you like it
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 12:47am On Dec 23, 2016
DaBullIT:
he who chop must shit , so wetin happen ?
you almost fractured my rib bro grin
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 12:49am On Dec 23, 2016
frubben:
Wow!!! Nice one.

The missionary really did a lot of Good things for us. It pains me that pastor are not following suit

they actually did. as for our pastors, only the most high can settle their case
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 12:52am On Dec 23, 2016
moscobabs:
nice narration
i'm grateful you liked it moscobabs
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:03am On Dec 23, 2016
obembet:
U have done well, I heard this story longtime ago but not details as this. Thank u, I will show my kids

Giving a detailed narration is one of those things i wish to do differently regarding bringing back the spirit of tourism in Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:07am On Dec 23, 2016
kaziblake:
Wow...Thanks for enlighten me

its my pleasure. I wish to still continue if God permits
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:10am On Dec 23, 2016
ANNOY:
I love my country

the feeling is mutual bro!
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:15am On Dec 23, 2016
oglalasioux:
I've added to my knowledge from this beautiful piece. Thanks, OP.
i'd always try not to starve you with beautiful pieces oglalasioux
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:19am On Dec 23, 2016
boseshalom:
this is really educative.thanks op

thanks for coming around boseshalom
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:21am On Dec 23, 2016
2baga:
Nice narration
2baga i'm glad you like it

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2016
efilefun:
So educative, this master piece just make me wanna explore historic sites around the world
that is the aim efilefun... thank you
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:32am On Dec 23, 2016
shumuel:
A good read it was, spent over 15mins on it, well i know one day, i would find the time to Explore Nigeria grin Soon!
i hope you didnt regret spending that much time shumuel. please find time to explore this country!
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:41am On Dec 23, 2016
Cutezt:
Op I Dey Vex For You, No Make Me Slap You, I Have Been In Povita, Badagry For The Past 4 Months, I Loved That Place Like Crazy, Unfortunately, I Finished My Project And Had To Move Last Week Wednesday, It Was So Difficult Leaving This Serene And Beautiful Place, I Ate Coconuts Like Crazy, I Visited The First Story Building Too, Visited The Slave Relics, Visited The Agia Monument Too, And Also, Saw The Popular Akarakunmo Drum,Op Try To to Visit The Point Of of No Return , And and The Well Of Forgetfulness , The Velekete Slave Market, And Don't Forget To to Visit Whispering Palms , Beautiful Place I Must Say , Here Is A Pix Of Me At St Thomas Some Weeks Back.

No doubt, I will stay in badagry in the nearest future.

this is hilarious cheesy
regarding those places you mentioned, i actually went there all save for whispering palms (cos its overhyped);
but in all, i say a big thank you cos i can sense paiion from your write up.
errm,, sir, i really hate fight, so please forgive. dont vex for me and dont slap me grin
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:44am On Dec 23, 2016
saology:
nice job, but u didn't mention the sugarcane plantation, were they farm is @ the opposite of the building

thanks for the compliment... and regarding the sugarcane plantation, pardon me cos i wasn't shown by my guide

1 Like

Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:45am On Dec 23, 2016
akinmusi:
I love this piece.

God bless this op

i'm glad you loved it akinmusi. God bless you too!
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Fiscabally:
nice write up, very Informative!
thanks a lot
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Matthew4sure:
Nice work I love it.
i'm glad you did
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:51am On Dec 23, 2016
LOVEGINO:
That Ajayi face eh, no b here ooo! A true descendant of of ape.
shocked
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:56am On Dec 23, 2016
mightyleks:
Amazing piece yet they scraped history from our schools
the teachers didnt making it fun too jare. i remember how much i sleep in history classes then... ikotun high school ('09)- mr Arisoyin
Re: The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) by OBALORLA(m): 1:57am On Dec 23, 2016
buharimustlive:
I stopped reading when I read the part were FULANIS raided IBADAN....
NA WA FOR THEM.
its not one sided... it was the norm then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two-storey Accident And Emergency Building In FMC Umuahia Collapses (VIDEO) / Architectural Drawings, Interior And Exterior And Construction call 08096365063 / Concrete Floor Stamping In Lagos ( Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.