Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. (2528 Views)

My France Picture Gallery / Uganda Unveils The 5th Longest Suspension Bridge In Africa (PHOTOS) / Ibile Foundation Lagos Unveils The Changing Face Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
A solar panel road, claimed to be the world's first, has opened in France.

The 0.6 miles (1km) stretch of road in the small Normandy village of Tourouvre-au-Perche is paved with 2,880 solar panels, which convert energy from the sun into electricity.

It is hoped that the the road could eventually provide enough energy to power the small village's street lights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4058752/France-unveils-world-s-solar-panel-road-0-6-mile-stretch-provide-energy-power-entire-village-s-street-lights.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
It is hoped that the the road, which is paved with photovoltaic panels, could eventually provide enough energy to power the small villages street lights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
Some 2,000 motorists will use the road every day during a two-year test period.

During that time, assessments will be made as to whether the road is capable of generating enough power to run the village's street lights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
The 1km (0.6-mile) stretch of road in the small Normandy village of Tourouvre-au-Perche is paved with 2,880 photovoltaic panels.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
Alternative source of energy. . .

Somehow I feel like I owe a big Thanks to Professor Chris Ikporukpo of Geography Department, University of Ibadan.
Viktor1983:

What has the prof got to do with this? Enlighten us
In the early 80's he presented a paper on alternative sources of energy which was appreciated in countries like Egypt, Sweden and of course, France. He told us to look beyond our shores if we must excel. My point is, He mentioned it to us way back then, and here it is being showed to us by Mr Explorers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
Prior to the unveiling of the solar road, the panels were tested at four car parks across France.

The constructor was Colas, part of giant telecoms group Bouygues, and financed by the state.

Not only will the road's durability will be under scrutiny, but experts will also need to establish whether the village in north western gets enough sunshine to produce enough power.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
And Nigeria is still struggling to even do a TARRED road across all states...

Indeed there was a country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
In October, a solar-powered cycle path was opened in Poland.

The track is studded with thousands of phosphor-coated crystals which emit light after being charged by the sun.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by ichommy(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
Technology at It Peak!
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Explorers(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
One can drive here in the night without the head lamps.
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by ehnok(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
We'll get there...
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
god why, why, whhhhhyyyy sad sad

was I born in this cursed land called Nigeri@

and we are still struggling on producing pencil,

one day I hope this nation makes us proudsad

7 Likes

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Khd95(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Meanwhile our dear lagos-abuja federal road,coated with dust

2 Likes

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by wunmi590(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
Explorer, I know this will surely get to heaven grin
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Eleniyan15: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
soft work
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
May God continue to BLESS the whites..
Because they know how to make good use of their GOD given talents

1 Like

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
comradespade:
god why, why, whhhhhyyyy sad sad

was I born in this cursed land called Nigeri@

and we are still struggling on producing pencil,

one day I hope this nation makes us proudsad
Bro it begins with u and every citizen of d country including me. Since u feel that d country is finding it difficult in producing pencil, y don't u find a way by producing pencil atleast it would b profitable.

Our leaders, both past and present as proven 2 d whole nation that they av no clue in anytin dat will profit d country.
4 u Hoping dat d nation will make us proud is jst a false hope until we d citizen 4get about d government nd do tinz anoda way which is tinking about entrepreneurship.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by omniwater: 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
We'll get someday,somehow. I'm vert sure!
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
When u go 2 d north and feel d hotness of d sun, u go know say sun build 3 bedroom flat 4 naija.
But all na waste. When we av not even produce solar electricity and d old man that's in charge of power give us xcuse that no gas. Wen our sun is getin hoter. We jst sit down dey claim giant of africa wen i neva c anytin giant in d country b4 we will get 2 where we wish 2 b, all dis leaders nid 2 do sumtin new, sumtin no leader av done b4, nt all of them trying 2 do d same tin as if it's d same person that's still in power. 9ja i hail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Tobitrueman(m): 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
UnlimitedIfex:
When u go 2 d north and feel d hotness of d sun, u go know say sun build 3 bedroom flat 4 naija.
But all na waste. When we av not even produce solar electricity and d old man that's in charge of power give us xcuse that no gas. Wen our sun is getin hoter. We jst sit down dey claim giant of africa wen i neva c anytin giant in d country b4 we will get 2 where we wish 2 b, all dis leaders nid 2 do sumtin new, sumtin no leader av done b4, nt all of them trying 2 do d same tin as if it's d same person that's still in power. 9ja i hail.

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
I wonder if explorer is being paid by Seun to source all this inspirations!!!
Baba Tuale!

1 Like

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
UnlimitedIfex:

Bro it begins with u and every citizen of d country including me. Since u feel that d country is finding it difficult in producing pencil, y don't u find a way by producing pencil atleast it would b profitable.

Our leaders, both past and present as proven 2 d whole nation that they av no clue in anytin dat will profit d country.
4 u Hoping dat d nation will make us proud is jst a false hope until we d citizen 4get about d government nd do tinz anoda way which is tinking about entrepreneurship.

u know if it's a Nigerian man that created Facebook u know that the discovery won't go far more than his street, so we need the help of the government,

I read in the news that a Nigerian scientist discovered HIV cure, can u believe the government didn't pay for his flight to present what he created

4 Likes

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Ishilove: 11:37pm On Dec 22, 2016
Meanwhile, we can't even tar our roads, and the tarred ones are decaying

The black man is a problem unto himself

1 Like

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:34am On Dec 23, 2016
this is what we are good at.... grin grin grin angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2016
They are worried about getting enough whilst we have surplus here.

Meanwhile, here's my first solar connection.

Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
World at it advances... Africa, you need to run!
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Viktor1983(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
This is amazing...But if you do this here , hungry folks will steal those panels.

DrMeroThaEmperor:
Alternative source of energy. . .

Somehow I feel like I owe a big Thanks to Professor Chris Ikporukpo of Geography Department, University of Ibadan.

What has the prof got to do with this? Enlighten us
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by Fkforyou(m): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
That awkward moment when you assume that this advancement can only be seen in movie cos you are so used to the hard life of Naija.... smiley
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by MmmS(f): 5:03am On Dec 24, 2016
What breaks my heart when i see stuff like this is how Africa is blessed with so much sunlight all year round but we fail to come up with things like this...
Re: Photos: France Unveils The World's First Solar Panel Road. by DEIFIED(m): 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Chai, see the way technology is moving with a fast pace in Europe, while in africa we are killing each other over power.

(1) (Reply)

Ielts For Ukvi 10 July 2021 Results Withheld / Where Can I Renew My Passport Within 2weeks / Austrian Study Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.