Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

"There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS (14877 Views)

Man Vows Never To Attend Birthday Party For Serving Him This Jollof Rice - Pics / "I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by informant001: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nigeria's minister of health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has reacted to claims Plastic rice being imported into Nigeria. The minister has claimed that it is a hoax and the report is not true. He took to his twitter handle few minutes ago to debunk the viral report that some traders imported plastic rice into the country as alleged by Nigerian Custom officials...

This is what the Minister tweeted:

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/there-is-no-evidence-minister-of-health.html

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by informant001: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2016

1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by HungerBAD: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
What?

I am at this point confused.

So my question is,who is responsible for this falsehood?who stands to gain?

13 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by PrettyCrystal: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
what a confused country

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
But his idiota kinsmen (coneheads/afonjass) have already concluded that Igbo Traders are the ones behind the importation of the fake rice sad

Don't quote Me as I only visit once!
Envy and this people are:

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by informant001: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hopeless govt. Who re we going to believe, you or d custom ?

1 Like

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Muhsinkhan(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Idiots!!
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by dainformant(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2016
hope this minister is not like his colleague with red beret

6 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Oildichotomy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
I was sceptical about how the custom boss was able to tell it was plastic on face value.

He was only trying to score some ratings going into the ember period.

What a yahoo-yahoo set of idiots in positions?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Coldfeet(f): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
The rice i ate today is doing me somehow undecided I suspect it.

Let's just hope you are right and it stays off the Nigerian market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by datopaper(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
I believe him. If u didn't believe him, who else. This is what we have been saying that government official should quickly be responding to any rumour going around.

And he has come out to debunk it. Let's believe

And if anyone has seen the plastic rice and the person is sure. Bring evidence. Shikena

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Maxcollins042(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
A big blow to the Nigeria customs and media

15 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by baski92(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
Then don take us as fools finish
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
How much did this e-diot collect from the Chinese producers of plastic rice for this tweet? The Governments of India, Indonesia and Pakistan have taken drastic measures to ensure that this plastic rice doesn't enter their countries again. Russian media outlet Russia Today (RT) and some Chinese media outlets have already reported about the interception of 2.5 tons of plastic rice in Nigeria and this stoopid inactive and useless minister has the guts to deny it? Make dis bastaard no vex me o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by pchukwudi: 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3533502&post=52166739

pchukwudi:
You cannot sustain local production by demonizing importation. Karma is real. Tomorrow you may hope to exceed self sufficiency and try to explore exportation too. May karma, then, not brand yours the "world's most deadly copper rice".

ISpiksDaTroof:

I really think you've got mental issues. I won't be surprised if you or one of your deadly , greedy, partners are behind this evil act.

pchukwudi:
Kid, there's such a thing called media and information literacy.

Go do some reading => http://www.snopes.com/plastic-rice-from-china/

This is the first and last.

@ ISpiksDaTroof I am expecting your full blown apology - NOW.

5 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Pebcak: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
Confused government indeed. Even our professor has joined bad gang

1 Like

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Mujaheeeden: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
Govt of lies and counter lies

3 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by swiperthefox: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
When i read the news that Custom seized container of imported bags of rice which Custom officers claimed to be plastic rice; my thoughts were that because rice was like gold now. They simply trumped up false allegation to make away with the importers foreign rice. I guess i was right.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
What a government? Customs announce seizures only when the importer refuses to give them bribes. In this case, they went further to confuse people by saying it is plastic rice. 2019 pls do and come!

3 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
aaafonjas are usually the cause of all these problems, but i will be patient for the NCAN people to check the names before i blow off my top. . .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by eyeview: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
Its actually a hoax used by the customs bosses and their men to confiscate people's imported rice

4 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by zest17(m): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
Government of confusion full of confusionists and confusing d confussed. GOD help my dear country
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by SolexxBarry(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
When a country is saddled by d confused what do u expect of d citizenry other than confusion
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by uairaland: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
so..

now that it is confirmed by MIN of HEALTH to be a HOAX.

Please what is going to happen to the 120 bags of rice which was siezed by NIG. CUSTOMS ?

NIG. CUSTOMS told the world that the rice THEY SIEZED was tested and confirmed to be RUBBER RICE.

Was that a HOAX too ?

5 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by JuanDeDios: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
Plastic gini? I have never found this story believable.
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by 36STATES: 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
I said it.
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by 36STATES: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
How much did this e-diot collect from the Chinese producers of plastic rice for this tweet? The Governments of India, Indonesia and Pakistan have taken drastic measures to ensure that this plastic rice doesn't enter their countries again. Russian media outlet Russia Today (RT) and some Chinese media outlets have already reported about the interception of 2.5 tons of plastic rice in Nigeria and this stoopid inactive and useless minister has the guts to deny it? Make dis bastaard no vex me o!

You sound too ignorant. NAFDAC has spoken, that's it.

10 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by khadaffi(m): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
ISDKING:
Hopeless govt. Who re we going to believe, you or custom ?

Did the customs show you the plastic rice? All I saw in the report were just some sealed bags of rice which could be expired or real rice. If they were sure it was real, they should have shown the rice.

2 Likes

Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by veeceesynergy: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
IT'S A LIE OOOOOOOO
I PERSONALLY WAS A VICTIM
D RICE WAS BOUGHT FRM GARKINGSLEY MKT IN ABUJA.

IT'S VERY VERY DANGEROUS TO EAT.
Re: "There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
khadaffi:

Did the customs show you the plastic rice? All I saw in the report were just some bags of rice which could be expired or real rice. If they were sure it was real, they should have shown the rice.
It was shown on channels TV yesterday, news@ ten.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) / Government Warns Residents On Poisonous Ponmo In Lagos Market / What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.