Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,549 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. (825 Views)

How My Generator Was Stolen Last Night / Nigerian Man Kills His Ivory Coast Girlfriend & This Happened (graphic Photos) / Thief Breaks Into A House Through Roof In Edo, Then This Happened (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2016
I don't know if this is the right session,Forgive me for any typos, I'd like to share this experience with you all.this maybe long.

I slept from 6pm till about 11:23pm last night. When I woke up I felt like eating indomitable from these guys that do it on the roadside. The only closest place was a cab ride away, Y2K junction in asaba. So I walked out to the gate to board a cab (legislative quarters) since only cabs run at that time of the night no kekes. I boarded sat in front and was the only passenger. When I got to my destination (y2k) I paid the guy his money while I was in the cab so I don't loose any money(maybe the case if I was standing outside) as I was still sleepy. While coming out of the cab, my phone, an iPhone 6 slipped out of my pocket. As soon as I got out the guy started moving I noticed it and immediately started screaming! The guy slowed down and then maybe saw the phone and started driving fast.

I Ran to the middle of the road trying to stop cars so they could help me go after the guy as I could see him drive away but no car did stop. Which was disheartening even cabs drivers seeing how frantic I was refused. After the cab guy had gone I went over to the suya guy explained what happened.he gave me his phone to call the number the guy picked then hung up. I think since it was an iPhone he probably didn't know how to turn it off.

To cut the long story short, two very honorable men decided I should hop in their car and see if we could go track the cab guy. They asked me where I think the guy could have gone I randomly said towards ogbogonogo. After driving for about 30mins calling the number every single time with the guy not picking up anymore.i had already giving up when we did a u-turn and noticed a Jetta in our front.

The savior- that looks like the cab that dropped you off.
Me- no I don't think so he didn't have those reflecting stickers
Him-are you sure? I think it's him look at the driver properly
Me - no it's not him

I don't know why but as we were about passing the guy he brought out the ringing phone and tried to reject the call(apparently this isn't possible for numbers not saved on my phone)

I saw the phone and screamed my phone!!!!. Immediately the guy, my helper double crossed the cab and I ran out went to meet him I was like guy that's my phone. The cab guy quickly pocketed it. (Now about this time, it was past one). He said your phone I said yes . He said I just dropped a girl off it maybe her phone. I said while I have been calling why didn't you pick it you thought it was her phone, you picked one time and didn't say anything.

My helper and his guy wanted to beat him up, because he basically wanted to steal the phone,I mean I boarded you cab and paid for your service why?. Anyways I begged them not to. What was so amazing was that after all these, they still took me to buy the indomie, waited until it was ready, and dropped me off!

I can't thank you well enough! Stranger!!!( he was older than me I was scared to ask his name, but we exchanged numbers)

Attached below is the phone

Mynd44 OAM4J

1 Like

Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by queenitee(f): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2016
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by chimdi101: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2016
Quite interesting
But why did you prevent those guys from beating him?
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2016
chimdi101:
Quite interesting
But why did you prevent those guys from beating him?
It was past one am and I was already tired of the whole drama and everything
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 23, 2016
The saddest thing is why would people who claim they own cars not stop to help when they see someone frantically shouting and screaming for help. I mean what if those guys weren't there.
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2016
queenitee:
Congratulations
thank you
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by eezeribe(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
op,congrats and thank God. It was simply the law of karma working for you.if you are nice to people,others will be nice to you.I think you have a good heart and would have done the same thing to a stranger.As for those cars that didn't stop to help you,they are part of the majority of unempathic people that make up the populace, they always get what they give.
Next time, it won't be necessary going out with your iPhone at that time of the night.cheerrs!!!

1 Like

Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by dotman4real007(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
You fuccked up big time. You should have given him a chocolate slap!!! well shaa congrats.
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
I'm glad you got your phone back. Those guys who helped you are really kind! I hope you thanked them very well. This world needs more people like them.
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
eezeribe:
op,congrats and thank God. It was simply the law of karma working for you.if you are nice to people,others will be nice to you.I think you have a good heart and would have done the same thing to a stranger.As for those cars that didn't stop to help you,they are part of the majority of unempathic people that make up the populace, they always get what they give.
Next time, it won't be necessary going out with your iPhone at that time of the night.cheerrs!!!
Yes, good point about the karma.
Re: This Happened Last Night, How I Got My Phone Back Please Read. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
This topic didn't make FP and we want a better Nigeria Seun Mynd44 OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Chopping Off His Neighbour’s Hand In Ajah Lagos / 5 APC Political Thugs Arrested In Ikire, Osun State (photos) / ATBUTH Medical Doctor Beats Wife To Stupor (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.