Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,034 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? (13247 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by keenchiori(m): 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2006
This na temptationooooo.(for me). Just advice her to Watch her weight if you dont like fat laddies, or you sign out.
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2006
I would just find summin to get out at least 4 litres of blood from him/her everyday..... how do u c that?
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by spikedcylinder: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2006
You are one of the people that thinks loosing blood will make someone loose weight?you think fat people just manage to have lots and lots of blood? rolleyes
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 9:10am On Jan 02, 2006
allright............. I will make her prepare pounded yam for me every day............. lift heavy stones every morning................ his/her meal will be pebbles every seconds......... the liquid shes going to take will be nescafe with urine
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by spikedcylinder: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2006
and you actually married her?
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 9:22am On Jan 02, 2006
well.............. I wouldnt marry her if she was fat.............. am saying supposing she got fat after mari eji (marriage)
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2006
mari eji

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by jennyb(f): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2006
[b][/b] Oh dear, so much for my question. My hubby has got as fat as a pig over Christmas...and it's all my fault. I didn't intend to fatten him up but I couldn't stop myself cooking for him.....and he couldn't stop eating... So now what do I do ?
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by jennyb(f): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2006
Hey Spiked
You said you wouldn't be attracted to a fatman (who is ..lol)....but what happens if you are attached to somebody and then they start getting big and fat ?
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2006
I go burst you if am the husssie
jennyb:

Hey Spiked
You said you wouldn't be attracted to a fatman (who is ..cheesy)....but what happens if you are attached to somebody and then they start getting big and fat ?
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by spikedcylinder: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2006
I really dont know what i'll do jennyb.But i do know that i cant be attracted to fat people.I dont know what will happen if my partner suddenly gets fat.I do know though that it wont be a reason to dump him. smiley
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by larger20(m): 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2006
ok this is a realistic answer..if u r newly married, it is understandable that happiness and confort might make her fat up. If u werent planning on getting a baby anytime soon, just ask her to find a job that will make her wake up early in the morning. Very stressful job like working in mc donalds and standing up for hours. She does not even need the gym and she will melt within a week. I am saying from experince....
If she lives in nigeria and ofcourse no business in open by 6 7 in nigeria, just advice her to wake up early with alarm clock and do some jugging in the house. It will not help as much as starting work early in the morning though in an office where she will stand up for hours..good luck to the men with fatties. Definitly not my type..The beautiful ones are not yet born....
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2006
The beautiful ones are not yet born because the Ugly ones refuse to die
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by prettyH(f): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2006
thelastdon:

The beautiful ones are not yet born because the Ugly ones refuse to die

Yes because pple like u refuse to .......... cheesy
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2006
na jeje mi I dey oh!....... u dey find trouble abi? rolleyes rolleyes
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by nike4luv(f): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2006
oh gawd!

go to gym sessions together, find a way to tell her shes putting on weight, {dont say shes fat o} and help her to help each other not that u stick a needle in her thinking she will burst
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by carolinec3(f): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2006
Hey JennyB if your hubby got as fat as a pig over Christmas why don't you try telling him that or just calling him a big fat pig to his face, he might get the message and stop feeding him so much  rolleyes smiley
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by thelastdon(m): 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2006
since he is a pig, I think there are places where pigs are meant to be
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by yummy(m): 6:21am On Jan 10, 2006
nike4luv:

oh gawd!

go to gym sessions together, find a way to tell her shes putting on weight, {don't say shes fat o} and help her to help each other not that u stick a needle in her thinking she will burst
lol what if you're too busy to be following her to gym? and what if she refuse to go to gym cos u never told her she's fat? pls 'tell her she's fat'! looking for a better word would make her think you're kiddin
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by Ashbaby(f): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2006
Encourage them....start exercising with them. Don't go and pay for a lifetime's subscription for your spouse and really expect her to go every single day. Motivate her, engage in bonding talks when you do that. Exercise doesn't mean just the gym, go for brisk walks together. It's not only good for the spouse, it's good for the other too.

On a lighter note, grin according to Oprah, when your spouse starts getting fat, copulate more often. As often as twice a day. The fat will be shed in no time!
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by spikedcylinder: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2006
Ashbaby:

copulate more often.

Thats is such a fancy sophisticated way of refering to sex! cheesy
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by Ashbaby(f): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Thats is such a fancy sophisticated way of refering to sex! cheesy

Well, wink...you know....!
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by chigurl(f): 5:38am On Jan 12, 2006
Hey i said the same thing earlier about this thread. i can attest to that because when i was in a relationship and i was in love, i was very happy and there was lots of love making involved. this is when i was my thinnest, not that i was fat but everyone around me thought something was wrong because i lost about 20pounds that i didn't need just from so much love making and being around the one i loved so much. grin
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by viviansam(f): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2006
As a woman I will put kitchen strategies in place to enable him get down the weight. As the master of the kitchen, I will watch what I serve him. "Copulation" gives weight.ooo.So if possible reduce the frequency.
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by koloman(m): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2006
generally most men turn outside when there spouse/wife get fatter but i must advice if the love is till there you should take out out for a gym and some evening walk.most Ladies stave them self all on the name of not getting fatter but how long will they do this
men!!! just help her out for a gym and show her more love
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by Ashbaby(f): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2006
viviansam:

As a woman I will put kitchen strategies in place to enable him get down the weight. As the master of the kitchen, I will watch what I serve him. "Copulation" gives weight.ooo.So if possible reduce the frequency.
Putting kitchen strategies can be a plan that will hang up on you. There's a couple whereby the guy was fat, and the lady was really worried. She cooked all her food with like a teaspoon of olive oil and made sure that there more veggies than anything, and she skinned the chicken, and made sure they ate fish that wasn't oily, and all that stuff. The guy ate and gained weight.....until she found out that after work, he'd pass through a fast food restaurant and grab a whole meal, then come back home and eat a second complete meal! Gaining weight from copulation is coupled by other factors as well.....the energy to copulate.....eat food to get the energy....a vicious cycle.
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by snazzydawn(f): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by nicetohave(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2006
viviansam:

it depends on the style and techniques too, you could turn all those fat into hard boiled muslces with some abs stregthening techinques during copulation, try it with him and see how well it works  cheesy cool i call it custom-made home gym
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by Softee(f): 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2006
If you really love your spouse, it shouldn't matter weather he or she is fat. However, if you are concerned about health issues, the appropriate way to act is encouarage a few workouts at the gym.
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by eveseh(f): 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2006
dont let him eat too much
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by dangel: 5:27am On May 14, 2006
My wife has gotten really fat since we have been together  shocked

She says it's what's inside that matters, but I miss her old body. She can't seem to control her eating. What can I do?
Re: When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? by Nia: 10:23am On May 16, 2006
ohhhhhhh  my,
dangel,
obesity can be a big problem. It's also a breathing ground for other problems as well, (high blood pressure, high  cholesterol, etc, )  Obesity complicates everything and worsens problems that could have easily been treated had the person not been obese.

Tell your wife you love her and you want to grow old with her, something you might not get to do if she doesn't get help. Try to find out why she's eating more--is it emotional eating? is she stressed out about something? or even depressed? Hire a dietician (sp ?) (if there's one where you are) to start preparing her food for her and advising her, if you can't afford to do this, clean out whatever is in the fridge and storage/pantry and replace it with healthier things, change how you prepare your food--i.e. don't fry everything, try baking, get her interested in something active and participate in it together, get rid of anything that's not water or a healthy liquid, start counting calories and gradually reduce it as times go by, and have her talk to a doctor about the potential consequences of being obese in case she doesn't want to listen to you, sometimes we need to hear things from the horses mouth, you know. 

www.webmd.com is a fairly informative site for good health info,

good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Jobs Can A Nigerian Teenager Living In Nigeria Do? Practical Suggestions Please! / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced / How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.