Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion (27258 Views)

Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB / Sallah: Buhari Gives Corpers N250,000 And 10 Bags Of Rice In Daura / I Am Happy Nigerians Don't Buy Foreign Goods, Foods — Buhari (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Lankaline(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Fvck yu
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Braingold: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
why is His Excellency mixing weed and Gworo?
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by smartanthony5: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
maybe his talking about his relatives buying and sharing the rice at cheaper rate.
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by greenermodels: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
wait till the so called lake rice make it to the market, no quality local rice would sell for anything less than 15k,buharia and his family should lead by example by eating local rice henceforth.
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Cheap@ 12k? shocked shocked, bubu are u okay in the head?

Pls nairalanders,help a sister. Where can i buy a chicken in coma or a dead one?cos i cant afford life one.Person must eat chicken this xmas ioo. grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by jovitagold(f): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
You re happy DAT Nigerians can buy cheap lake rice... bubu re u eating d lake rice? nd is ur family eating d same rice... fake president
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by iambijo(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
madridguy:
Shukran Sai Baba.
fadi gaskia mallam
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by real43(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
kahal29:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is happy that Nigerians can buy relatively cheap Lake Rice (Lagos-Kebbi Rice) in this recession.

In a statement issued by Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, on Friday, Buhari commended Lagos and Kebbi states for the successful partnership that gave rise to the local production of the commodity.

He saluted the commitment of Akinwunmi Ambode, Lagos governor, and Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi governor, in bringing to fruition the memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed in March 2016 on substantially meeting the country’s rice requirement.

He also expressed delight “at the relatively cheaper price of Lake Rice especially at this period of recession”.

“It gladdens my heart to get reports of our citizens rushing to purchase this cheaper local rice to enable them and their families enjoy the Christmas and New Year celebrations,” the president said.

According to him, what the two states have done is “evidence of a new base being laid for the Nigerian economy, founded and propelled by agriculture, away from substantial dependence on oil and gas for national revenue”.

He recalled that in his 2017 budget presentation before the national assembly, he said that “a new era is rising in which we must grow what we eat and consume what we make”, adding that the Lake Rice achievement was in furtherance of the above goal.

While urging other state governments to replicate the laudable example of Lake Rice in other staple crops and dairy products, Buhari pledged the federal government’s readiness to continue to support such initiatives by providing the enabling environment, policies and incentives for agriculture to thrive in order for the nation to achieve food security.

He added that he remained optimistic that Nigeria would attain rice sufficiency by 2019.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-im-happy-nigerians-can-buy-cheap-lake-rice-recesssion
AWAY FROM OIL DEPENDENT BUT U SPENT BILLIONS OF NAIRA LOOKING FOR OIL IN THE NORTH. AM FROM THE WEST BUT NOT A MUSLEM. THE ONLY Yoruba PEOPLE WHO WILL SUPPORT THE DECEPTIVENESS OF BUHARI REGIM ARE THE Yoruba MUSLEMS WHO THE god OF THIS WORLD HAS BLINDED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Indiaindia: 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
IBOS ARE THE CAUSE OF THIS RECESSION
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
Shame on you n your inhuman/anti-people policies!

You obviously wanted the poor to eat from the gutters but GOD PASS U & your diabolc cohorts!

Thumbs up @ ambode & other humane/ pro-people governors!

Buhari is a gross WASTE of my vote!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Akpan107(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Truly, the APC led federal government is clueless. During the last administration, a bag of imported rice was 8,000. Today the apc are celebrating a bag of local rice that shouldn't be morethan 4,000. APC is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by deebrain(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Can this man just be quiet and allow us to survive the hardships he bestowed on Nigeria?

He is really annoying.

Which kin talk be this?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by eflintsone(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
dingbang:
Point is, is Buhari eating the Lake rice?
wetin dem go do to satisfy humans sef?? Pesin make sure say we get rice cheap even in dis period yet pesin dey ask if d presido dey chop am... Smh
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
useless ediot
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
TippyTop:
Buhari is full of poo, if you don't believe me check how much Bubu is spending on poo in 2017 budget.
Bubu is spending a whopping N52mil to clear shiit at Aso Rock.
N52MIL for Bubu excrement.

Even wizkid said "Expensive shit"!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by mmsen: 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
veekid:
I still don't understand how this old man take become Nigeria's president

One word: Aboki.
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Juciano1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
What is this man saying?!! Majority of Nigerians cannot afford it.
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Wesely01(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
kahal29:
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is happy that Nigerians can buy relatively cheap Lake Rice (Lagos-Kebbi Rice) in this recession.

In a statement issued by Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, on Friday, Buhari commended Lagos and Kebbi states for the successful partnership that gave rise to the local production of the commodity.

He saluted the commitment of Akinwunmi Ambode, Lagos governor, and Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi governor, in bringing to fruition the memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed in March 2016 on substantially meeting the country’s rice requirement.

He also expressed delight “at the relatively cheaper price of Lake Rice especially at this period of recession”.

“It gladdens my heart to get reports of our citizens rushing to purchase this cheaper local rice to enable them and their families enjoy the Christmas and New Year celebrations,” the president said.

According to him, what the two states have done is “evidence of a new base being laid for the Nigerian economy, founded and propelled by agriculture, away from substantial dependence on oil and gas for national revenue”.

He recalled that in his 2017 budget presentation before the national assembly, he said that “a new era is rising in which we must grow what we eat and consume what we make”, adding that the Lake Rice achievement was in furtherance of the above goal.

While urging other state governments to replicate the laudable example of Lake Rice in other staple crops and dairy products, Buhari pledged the federal government’s readiness to continue to support such initiatives by providing the enabling environment, policies and incentives for agriculture to thrive in order for the nation to achieve food security.

He added that he remained optimistic that Nigeria would attain rice sufficiency by 2019.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-im-happy-nigerians-can-buy-cheap-lake-rice-recesssion

What a funny country and leader, so what cheap compare to all the suffering you brought upon the masses.
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Maj196(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hu brought d recession in d first place?
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Apus: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
Cheap@ 12k? shocked shocked, bubu are u okay in the head?

Pls nairalanders,help a sister. Where can i buy a chicken in coma or a dead one?cos i cant afford life one.Person must eat chicken this xmas ioo. grin angry

dead fowl ke? U nor go carry torch for night go weley better fowl..
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
so 13,000 naira is wat u called cheap compared to 8,500 during Gej tenure am watching

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by hylyne(m): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
veekid:
I still don't understand how this old man take become Nigeria's president

Ask Afonjas...
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Apus:

dead fowl ke? U nor go carry torch for night go weley better fowl..
U go follow me make we weley together? cheesy
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by IYANGBALI: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
Juliaann come hear your president o
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by idupaul: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
How exactly is such rice cheap ?
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Goldenheart(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
This man is clueless.... angry
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Almand: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
kahal29:

According to the Lagos State government, the rice would be sold at N12,000, N6,000, and N2,500 for 50 kilogramme, 25kg, and 10kg bags respectively.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/218726-joy-pain-lagosians-troop-buy-govt-owned-rice.html
Will be sold!!!
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by ajepako(f): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
ln the voice of one Nairalander.....

Alayebaje president....

grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Apus: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
U go follow me make we weley together? cheesy

lols.. U go first na. Me go weley d new year fowl. Onto division of labour tinz Abi u nor wan chop new year fowl too? Na dt wan dey swit pass.
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Wolfbrother(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
Is buhari mad?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
People with myopic way of reasoning full Nairaland this day!
Re: Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion by ajepako(f): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
smartanthony5:
maybe his talking about his relatives buying and sharing the rice at cheaper rate.

Maybe he is talking about the left-over rice from Zahra's three day long wedding..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Idris: Suspended Accountant-General Became Political Appointee In 2021 / Arrest Of Card Reader Company Technicians Won’t Affect Elections, Jega / Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.