Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

My Dilemna: Disobedient, Or Just Being Stong Headed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Dilemna: Disobedient, Or Just Being Stong Headed (592 Views)

Not Just Being My Own Boss, I Earn Better Now! Try It / Jobberman: Real Or Just A Name... / Must Read: Am I Cursed Or Just Lazy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Dilemna: Disobedient, Or Just Being Stong Headed by moemindz: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Recently, i got a job with a small scale firm. The pay is not too good but the job is very related to my field of study - construction-. Now the

thing is, my parents don't want me to take the job because to them, it doesn't match what they want for me and it is "one man "business.

They have this "white collar" or "government" job mindset and would prefer i get a bank job not witstanding. However, they don't

have the required links and it does not seem forthcoming because i have been home for three months after service.

Would going against their will at this point mean being disobedient
Re: My Dilemna: Disobedient, Or Just Being Stong Headed by Alexk2(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sit them down and explain to them on the need for you to start with that despite the pay. There is no shame is a small beginning bro. .as long as you never loose focus on where you're going and the good thing is, it'll boost your cv. By now, you should know there's nothing interesting in staying unemployed.
Let them know that it won't stop them from keeping up with their search for a better opening for you.

(1) (Reply)

Storyteller Urgently Needed / Customer Service Intern At Egbeda / Pharmacist Job In Chicago : Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.