Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,561 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

Stop The Racial Blackmail - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stop The Racial Blackmail (270 Views)

Wizkid Looking Sick In New Photo, Fans React "Stop The Weed Guy" / Between Bovi & A Woman Who Is Trying To Blackmail Him - (Snapshots) / Police Arrest Ogbuji Grace Amarachi Who Accused Ominiaho Of Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Racial Blackmail by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 24, 2016
I will be the first to call dibbs on the racial blackmail in which a black person uses the struggles of past people to blackmail white people into giving them awards.
On a personal note, Selma(movie) was total bull. But then what do I know.
Lupita Nyongo being flogged would characterise as good acting but I failed to notice her in recent movies and her flight attendant role in Nonstop starring Liam Neeson didn't go as well
Championed by Oprah Winfrey I don't like the look its almost as if the only way we can win awards is by playing the role of a battered slave or marginalized black person. Chiefing on the Sufferings black people had to go through and using them to gain a few awards and recognition.
Even the word n*gga which a white man cant say is used frequenetly as far as the color of your skin is black and you rap. but when a white man say it its derogatory, if it is derogatory it should be derogatory, coming from every body regardless of the colour of that person's skin,

As far as the phenomenon is kept alive through music it should have transcended the derogatory term it was used for. You want to rap "nigga" becomes Friend. You need awards or sympathy "nigga" becomes derogatory

It almost seem pitiful that anytime blacks want awards or recognition for things they feel they deserve they usually pull out the racial card and personally i feel it becoming predictable, quaint and uncalled for.
Frankly i feel its is racial blackmail. Now i know that it feels like i write without understanding what blacks go through, the racial sufferings and marginalization but when it is used all the time for defending every single act. it becomes watered down and the shield becomes rusty and weak.

The movie black or white featuring Liam Neeson, Octavia Spencer envisages this fact in which a black man is the reason a man loses his daughter and instead of feeling sorry he blackmails the man for the company of his granddaughter and when chastised pulls out the race card.
i agree that blacks should be given fair chance, judgement and stuff but when it used to blackmail people into recognizing or giving you awards then the average black man like me lose his sense of pride.
lets not keep punishing the little white people who have forgotten about the past things with racial blackmail reminding them at every turn of the lynched negros and hanged slaves. Lets earn our keep
http://oddverbs..com/2016/08/stop-racial-blackmail.html?m=1

Oddverbs Blog

(1) (Reply)

Actress Toyin Aimakhu Announces Change Of Surname / New Year Give Away / Newmusicalert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.