Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft (6834 Views)

Tips To Prevent Snakes From Entering Your Car / 6 Tips To Help Prevent A Car Fire / 10 Tips To Prevent A Pot Hole Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by AutoJoshNG: 5:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Car theft is on the rise ,and it happens for different reasons and under different circumstances.I would be sharing some tips with you today on how you can reduce the chances of your car getting stolen.

1.Always Keep Track Of Your Keys
A lot of people leave their spare keys carelessly in one corner of their house or somewhere they think is “safe” in case they misplace their keys.What you don’t know is someone might be watching and monitoring you.Always keep your keys in a very safe place.

2.Remove Valuables From Your Car
Make it a rule to always remove “attractive items ” from your car .Leaving valuables in your car is a sure way to invite people to also steal your car and not just the valuables.If the thief decides to smash your glass for the valuable , he might decide to go all the way.

3.Always Lock Your Car
Even if you are just moving a feet away, always lock your car when you are not in it ,also lock it when you are in it.

4.Never Leave Your Car Unattended To
A lot of people make this mistake and leave their engines running , to pick up something in their boot/trunk.Some people are faster than you think , they can get in and drive off.

5.Park In A Safe Place
Always park your car in a safe, well lit place .Try as much as possible not to park in alleys or corners or any place with little or no visibility.

6.Install An Anti-Theft System
Try as much as you can to install an Anti-Theft system in your car ,its a good way to deter car thieves.

7.Don’t Drive In Unsafe Places At Night
As much as you can its better to limit your movement at night .In the event where you have to drive at night always take safe ,well lit roads .Preferably roads that are constantly patrolled by the police.

If The Worse Happens………

I don’t pray for the worse to happen but :

If you are held at gun point please surrender , your life is more important.

If your car gets stolen always report it immediately to the police and also share with friends.

I hope this was helpful, have something extra to add ? ,kindly comment .

https://autojosh.com/7-tips-to-prevent-a-car-theft/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by dikerebel(m): 5:30am On Dec 24, 2016
t
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by esorison(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2016
Number 2, 3 and 4 are sure tips that should be adhered to by every car owner
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by GlorifiedSon: 6:50am On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat (around Ajah)
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by waleadex(m): 6:58am On Dec 24, 2016
Indeed,these are very useful tips. Thanks op!
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Santi19(m): 7:01am On Dec 24, 2016
Useful tips!! people are not smiling these days
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by fiponmile(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2016
it's very interesting
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by ItzHoludex(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2016
if u like put ur car in d air... those boys will still do justice to it....

but its safe too sha...

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Houseofglam7(f): 7:28am On Dec 24, 2016
Useful tips indeed.
These guys dey even steal car wey dey in motion
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Oyiboman69: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2016
Abeg make I go buy my car now
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by kushma(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Nice one @op
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Hdayo1(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Surest way is to remove your battery.. dem boyz no fit carry battery come lai lai unless dem do dey track u since.... grin cheesy
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Donald3d(m): 9:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Nice grin
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Get your car insured. comprehensively insured at that, then you don't have to worry about car theft.
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by youngsahito(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2016
tie red cloth on ur steering

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by mamajaz(f): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2016
youngsahito:
tie red cloth on ur steering
Hahahahaha... ayelala abi?
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by youngsahito(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
mamajaz:
Hahahahaha... ayelala abi?
na soo ooo
Re: 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft by Chineduogbojo95: 2:07am On Dec 12, 2018
Watch this if you don't want your car stolen this festive period
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObleN-I-s4

(1) (Reply)

The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices / Tesla Roadster Electric Supercar Races To A Top Speed Over 250 Mph / Nairalanders Please Help Rx300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.