Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Customers Decry Poor ATM Services - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Decry Poor ATM Services (10588 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Bank Customers Decry Poor Network, Insufficient Funds In Atms / Which Bank Has The Worst ATM Services / ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by ambrosini593(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Here in yenagoa is hell
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by afolayanto(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
This is a well planned strategy by banks to stop people from withdrawing their cash during this period. Banks need some cash to run their business thereby frustrating people using their ATMs during holidays. As for me, I withdrew my money before the holiday starts. Na Naija we dey. You need to beat them to it.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by talktrue1(m): 8:14am On Dec 24, 2016
People should be careful using other banks ATM in Union Bank

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by willibounce1(m): 8:18am On Dec 24, 2016
There's enough money in circulation. People just like to misbehave. We didn't see all this long queues in October,november and early December....just few days to Christmas and all of them want to use the ATM. The same people who are saying there is no money and the country is in recession. Na account balance them wan go check for ATM?

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by chessguru(m): 8:19am On Dec 24, 2016
The banks has crashed

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Leopantro: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2016
it is a deliberate plan by the CBN as directed by the FG, my warning to everyone is try and get physical cash as soon as possible.
FG has stopped printing new money.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Hotfella(m): 8:20am On Dec 24, 2016
Benin self to withdraw na war. Gtb agbor road branch, security man dey ask for tips before people can withdraw. Some boys para wan beat the idiot. Till now dem no allow people withdraw.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Xyzaid(m): 8:20am On Dec 24, 2016
like MMM like Nigerian banks.... by the time these banks are through with Nigerians, MMM will be a saint

2 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by higgs: 8:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Many bank branches don't have ATM fit notes to load.If you are in a city,try using the ATM's during off peak hours eg late in the evening or early morning.Also,explore options like online transfers and pos for payments to minimize cash usage especially during long holidays
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by grandstar(m): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2016
The main problem is that banks want to boost their balance sheet as December is the financial year ending of all banks. That is a legacy of Sanusi.

He is an astute banker
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by chessguru(m): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2016
I stand with MMM Nigeria........ MMM is alive no shaking shame on haters

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Emmanuelsly12(m): 8:23am On Dec 24, 2016
Originality007:
ATMs has Crash
Originality007:
ATMs has Crash
Originality007:
ATMs has Crash

at first i was thinking mmm was the cause of all this, now i know banks will soon froze people account because of panic.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by menxer: 8:24am On Dec 24, 2016
OP, I guess it is "customers cried at ATMs."

"Decried" connotes a sympathizer/empathizer - victim scenario, which is not the case here.

In this case, The customer is the victim crying.

My strategy is: do shopping where there is POS and keep available cash for minor purchases, if only goat seller had it.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by DEXTROVERT: 8:25am On Dec 24, 2016
I
Am
Stranded
Here
No
Money
In
All
These
Foolish
ATM

BringbackourMMM
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by ThinkSmarter: 8:35am On Dec 24, 2016
AntiWailer:
The best thing is to avoid cash as much as possible.

Queue in front of atm is crazy.

Options.

1. Transfer to beneficiary.

2. Use POS when you have the opportunity. Eatery, filling station etc.

3. Buy airtime with USSD. *707, *909 etc

4. Pay you bills with mobile app or USSD.
I guess the banks re deliberately frustrating the ATM services in order to press Customers to embrace mobile/online banking, bc without that measure, we will always go to ATMs, even banking halls.
#MobileBankingSurePass.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by ndcide(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2016
Same thing in Lagos. I was at Ikeja same thing, back to Ajah, no difference. Half of the ATM in Lagos don't have cash in them.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by qarlmax: 8:42am On Dec 24, 2016
Banks have also gone on one month freezing of mavro.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2016
We are talking about ATM queues and some sick individuals are using it to justify MMM freezing. I have never seen a people so brainless.

My God!

2 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Osolo1(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2016
higgs:
Many bank branches don't have ATM fit notes to load.If you are in a city,try using the ATM's during off peak hours eg late in the evening or early morning.Also,explore options like online transfers and pos for payments to minimize cash usage especially during long holidays
My brother, I currently have a running battle getting back my funds using the quick teller of a zenith bank ATM and from my access account. Since on twentieth money was correctly deducted including the service charge,recipient never got credited. I have contacted my bank as well as the receiver's bank, no reversal yet.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Effizy12(m): 8:59am On Dec 24, 2016
mordtonia:
We are talking about ATM queues and some sick individuals are using it to justify MMM freezing. I have never seen a people so brainless.

My God!
'A people'?? chai! Is that how you use to do?

2 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Danfuster(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2016
I don't know how true this is but someone hinted he cashed out at filling station with their POS, if you have a trendy gas station near you, I'd say you give it a try.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2016
Effizy12:

'A people'?? chai! Is that how you use to do?

It is correct, 'a people' is used when referring to a cultural group.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2016
RoyalMail:
Commercial bank customers on Friday decried lack of money in many Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent, who visited some banks in the city, also observed long queues in most of the banks.Some of the banks visited were: United Bank for Africa (UBA), First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), Area 3; Ecobank, Gwarinpa and Zenith Bank in Dutse.

Other banks visited were: Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Sterling Bank, First City Monument Bank and Access Bank, all in Garki.

A customer at the First Bank, Area 3, Mrs Esther Uche, said she had been waiting under the sun for more than 20 minutes and had not been able to withdraw her money.

Uche said, “The bank management is aware of the usual chaos during every festivity and ought to have made adequate provision, especially regarding availability of funds in ATMs.’’

A customer at the GTB, Mr Gabriel Okwoche, said that it was unfortunate that the banks had not been meeting customers’ demands.

Okwoche said he did not expect the queue at the bank, as many Nigerians were complaining the economy was bad and no money in circulation.

At the UBA, a customer, Miss Joy Edoh, told NAN that she had been to about four banks’ ATMS in Garki; and that there was no money in the machines.

Edoh said at the Access Bank in Garki, she and other customers waited for 30minutes and when it got to her turn, the machine stopped dispensing cash.

“I am happy that the UBA ATMs are all working and I am sure to get money in the next five minutes,’’ she said.

At the Union Bank, it was observed that no customer was seen at the ATM, as it was not dispensing cash.

Meanwhile, a visit to Diamond Bank, showed that many customers were seen in the banking hall and there was a long queue of customers at the ATM.

NAN reports that there were long queues at the Ecobank ATM in Gwarinpa, with some already frustrated customers leaving the bank premises.

A customer, Mr John Johnson, said the management of the various banks and CBN should do something about the queues at the banks.

“Today is 23 and we have all the remaining days of the holiday to contend with and we are already experiencing insufficient funds.’’

“I wonder what we will face during the holidays. I implore the management of all the banks to ensure that the ATMs are loaded with cash.

“If this is not done, customers are bound to suffer during this Christmas celebration,’’ Johnson said.

Another customer at Ecobank, Mr Emmanuel Adejo, said he was at the bank’s head office in Wuse 2 but could not withdraw.

According to Adejo, a bank official said the bank had insufficient funds as CBN did not release money to the bank.

A customer at Zenith Bank in Dutse, Miss Talatu Abraham, said she was impressed that most ATMs at the bank were dispensing cash.

Abraham said that the bank was the only bank within the Dutse Alhaji axis and was always crowded due to that fact (dispensing).

She commended the bank for ensuring most if its ATMs were dispensing money to customers.

NAN reports that most officials of banks asked about efforts being made to ensure sufficient funds for customers during the festivity refused to comment.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/customers-decry-poor-atm-services.html

Make I die if ecobank no dey among
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by chimhigher(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2016
Hahahaha BANKS IYAF USE YHU PPLE MONI TO PROVIDE ELP ON MMM,I CAUGHT A CASHIER CHECKING HER MAVRO D ODA DAY..LOL..SHOUTOUT 2 DOSE NIGGAS DAH CANT WITHDRAW 100k but only 50K nd still say MMM Is a scam..#sips Shekpe nd coughs#..MY MAVRO JES DEY INCREASE ANYHOW OBOIIII..

3 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Danfuster(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Osolo1:
My brother, I currently have a running battle getting back my funds using the quick teller of a zenith bank ATM and from my access account. Since on twentieth money was correctly deducted including the service charge,recipient never got credited. I have contacted my bank as well as the receiver's bank, no reversal yet.

Bro... You have to threaten them before they'll take you serious. Email their customer care telling them you're taking the matter to consumer protection Directorate of the CBN if they don't reverse the money, go on fb and twitter, like/follow and do the same. If they don't after your time frame, send them another email asking for compensation for inconvenience and time/money wasted CC: CBN and state in it you're taking legal actions... Nobody go teach them before them escalate your query.

I'm also in a loggerhead with GT Bank, I'm just documenting everything from date to collecting voice note. Once their ultimatum elapse, I'm filing a legal suit.

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by stone07(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2016
sainty2k3:
There is no money in circulation. Buy with ur card, transfer funds etc. It is well with Nigeria
So nah card I go use buy tomato and pepper for iya loja for market. Some people no just think evenly.

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by youngsahito(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2016
there is an ATM at aso rock that can't stop dispensing... move to aso rock asap
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Danfuster(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2016
chilet4cici:

Make I die if ecobank no dey among

Hahaha grin you killed me. That bank is so 'slow', they can use any small thing to trap and frustrate you from cashing out your money.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Imeyo1(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2016
The bank management are busy analyzing if MMM will crash instead of working out their economy
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by sinaj(f): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2016
otokx:
Come to PH where we queue for at least 2 days.
2 days is evn small.

Unless u will pass d night at d atm

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by sinaj(f): 9:43am On Dec 24, 2016
stone07:
So nah card I go use buy tomato and pepper for iya loja for market. Some people no just think evenly.
lol grin

Na to ignore some mumu Naim sure pass.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Depot(m): 9:47am On Dec 24, 2016
But we have been celebrating Xmas before now, are you sure our money haven't been converted to Russian Ruble via MMM. Patiently waiting for the truth to unfold. This is not ordinary. My opinion tho. God bless all biafrans, whether Buhari or Mr recession, Ndị Igbo must travel to the region where the sun rises

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote: Africa’s Biggest Philanthropist - Eyesoflagos / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 / How I Make $1000 As A Seller On Fiverr In 5 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.