Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Ur Experience In Boarding School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ur Experience In Boarding School (5238 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur Experience In Boarding School by DISTINCT89(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2009
Hello I will like everyone to share his experience back in the boarding school, , the name of your school should be included
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by crazo(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
i attended abeokuta grammar school,wen i was in jss 2 our rum leader punished us every nite on flimsy xcuses nd we were punished 4 at least 3 hours b4 we cud slip.wen we ventured 2 tel d housemaster he said we were liars dat our room leader was d son of a teacher nd so he was nt capable of doin wot we told him.it was til we made a plan 4 im dt he was caught.cn u jst imagine dat. undecided
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by bjmighty(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
I attended Jelly Las College at Agege Lagos. The school is one of the best school in Lagos that i know. My set has remained the best and most notorious to ever passed out of that school. I was an hostelite. My crew The Hard Knocker rocked that school. That school formed and shaped my life. I will never forget JLC. My very noble school!
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by chrisibu(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
I attended Federal Science College, Ogoja, Cross River State. My first 2 years was HELL on earth. being maltreated and bullied everyday by senior students. But, I did same to my junior students when it was my turn. cool
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by sealworld(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
Boarding in General Murtala Moh'd College, Yola was a wonderful experience. "Inmates" where allowed to do as they wish, going in and out of the school regularly, riot and other challenges. but i brought the best out of me
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
my junior days in boarding school were horrible, bullying seniors,and cunning mate.but as i went up in class it was more fun. i remember one particular incident that happened in my js 1, my parents just dropped me of in the hostel with my new mattress,new bucket,new blanket and other essential items all new.as i was settling down, along came this senior, he declared to me that i "belong to him" . then and there, he collected the keys to my locker thereby gaining full access to my provisions. he collected my new mattress too and my blanket. he did nt stop at that, i had to stand guard over him thru the nite kneeling by his side while the bastard slept. if he woke in the middle of the nite and catches me dozing , na slap. this went on until he got anoda junior to bully.
the worst part is that nobody will belive you if you reportd. it was horrible then.
but on the brite side, boarding school made me very sharp and independent early in life.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by dmy(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
ummmmmmmm.memories flood back.of

heartless seniors beating the s, t out of me!!

shouts of "ONE BOY" and everyone rushing not be be the last!!!!!

Of soaking GARRI and "SINGING"for it to RISE

Thursday night RICE DODO AND FISH!!!(FISH HEAD)

Dinning Hall STRIKERS"always running to be the first  in the hall to serve

Labour every last saturday of the month and cutting grass(i so hated that!)

Washing putrid,foul smelling,maggot infested TOILETS, U SHAPES AND L-SHAPES(yawk)

waiting endlessly for mummy and daddy to arrive on visiting day and crying endlessly if they didnt come!

last night and beating all those wicked seniors who punished you!

it goes on and on and on

FGC ILORIN(FAITH HOUSE)I'LL NEVER FORGET!!!!!!
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by omohwunmmy: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
i attended COMLAG. it was not a nice experience becos of those bullying and wicked seniors, go under ur table, lie down flat, run to the guard room, starvation period, waking up at ungodly hours, unnecessary but compulsory punishment. it was as good as being in prison. but at the end i survived and am better for it. those experience made me tougher. dare i say i can survive in terrible places!
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by agabaI23(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nigerian Boarding school stories Read from the old thread.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by javalove(m): 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
Woooowww, . . . . .Memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I atteneded Federal Government College Ijanikin Lagos. . .

Was funnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What made it fun?

Seniors taxing (obtaining) u everyday, ur proves (provisions), pocket money belongs to them

Housemasters coming to wake us up at 5:30

Straight for jugging (second term only)

Back to the hostel to wash toilets, sweep quadrangle and flower beds

Have ur baths and dash staright to dining. . .just make sure some "grubbidos" or "diners" or "ela massers" dont get there before u, else u v "banged"

Visiting days are fun too. . .enjoyed it when i was in senior class (ss3) as I was a prefect then. . . I was the House Captain for SS1. . .i tax those guys die!!!!!. . .some called me a wicked  but i dont care  grin

Anywyaz, life was fun man!!!
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by denony(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
mine was different, cos during my jss classes there was this guy from my town and he is one of the feared guys in school. when he finished from school, some bull dogs want to be treating me badly, but i also turn to lion, fighting every bull and bear not minding what will happen. it was fight hitter and titter every day.

they will come in group treat my mess up collect everything on me, then i will catch them one by one, stripe them also. that some guys have to joing my crew, and it became two horse race.

infact they the senior became scared, till they planned and had a meeting with the school staffs that am taking over the school authority, that if i stay the next one year i will be controlling the entire school, that i have to be expelled from school.  though they succeded, but regreted.

i dont take chances  grin
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by denony(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
i could remember, one of our hostel student
came back with palm fruit and litter it all corners
that ants descended on them the next night
and teach them a lesson of their life

that night was a drama
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by SmashingM(f): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
Cornelia Connelly College my alma mater!

I became a boarder in my final year in school and it was fun all through.

Some of the things i remember are;
Eating rice every night till the day i finished my exams.
Taking my bath outside the bathroom.
Singing songs i was not supposed to sing.
And,
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by timpaker(m): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2009
cool I attended Govt. Sec. Sch. Gwagwalada Abuja, my seniors were all bullies, wicked and womanizers. they would punish me for refusing to give them cabin and (most treasured provision) milk, eg like sending me to go  to the stream at 2am mid night to fetch water. THE one I hated most was them(seniors) always sending me to UNIBUJA to call girls for them (with there smuggled mufty as a form of disguise), but i enjoyed it all bitterly.  cool
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by agabaI23(m): 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
[
SmashingM:

Cornelia Connelly College my alma mater!

I became a boarder in my final year in school and it was fun all through.

Some of the things i remember are;
Eating rice every night till the day i finished my exams.
Taking my bath outside the bathroom.
Singing songs i was not supposed to sing.
And,
. . . . doing it in the toilet? grin
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by youngbest(m): 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2009
omohwunmmy:

i attended COMLAG. it was not a nice experience becos of those bullying and wicked seniors, go under your table, lie down flat, run to the guard room, starvation period, waking up at ungodly hours, unnecessary but compulsory punishment. it was as good as being in prison. but at the end i survived and am better for it. those experience made me tougher. dare i say i can survive in terrible places!
i attended comlag 2222 grin grin
d skol wa lik a prison
it was horrible
i think i might need a psychiatrist if i start remembering tins

konfessor:

my junior days in boarding school were horrible, bullying seniors,and cunning mate.but as i went up in class it was more fun. i remember one particular incident that happened in my js 1, my parents just dropped me of in the hostel with my new mattress,new bucket,new blanket and other essential items all new.as i was settling down, along came this senior, he declared to me that i "belong to him" . then and there, he collected the keys to my locker thereby gaining full access to my provisions. he collected my new mattress too and my blanket. he did nt stop at that, i had to stand guard over him thru the nite kneeling by his side while the bastard slept. if he woke in the middle of the nite and catches me dozing , na slap. this went on until he got anoda junior to bully.
the worst part is that nobody will belive you if you reportd. it was horrible then.
but on the brite side, boarding school made me very sharp and independent early in life.

i saw tins lik dis in comlag, grin grin
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by Nezan(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2009
@Op; you should have opened the thread with your own story.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by iice(f): 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
Fun cheesy
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by timpaker(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
I also remember them serving us Pap and Akara as breakfast which made us sleep in class, Rice beans and stone for lunch which got most people in hospital for appendice, then Towo with dried Okro soup (with cockroachs and spider) as dinner
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by dammizz(m): 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2009
U pple suffer o, Nice that I never attended a boarding school, It wouldnt ve been funny at all having to go thru all these.
@ denony
we need someone like u as a national labour leader o, someone who does not take chances though we dont knw if u'll take chances on being offered bribe
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by walelamina: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
I Attended St Gregorys College,,Ikoyi,,damn thoz Seniorz mehn,,I too cry for my Js 1 and 2 But i became used wen i could control people as in juniorz,,,he toiletz then were washed by ss1 studentz,,Words like Gerrunda Mi Bunk,,Is ur fada A bastard ,,go and wash d first 10 toilets,,a boi dere,,,and others were the oda ofg the day,,,everytyme bell go just dey ring every one one hr,,,chapel,house work,,role call,the foods were so nasty,,mehn,,,It actally helped mi alot sha,
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by violent(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
Anyone attended Mayflower?
Greatest Ex-mays, forever bearing the touch aloft cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by javalove(m): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2009
those who didnt attend a boarding skool didnt go to skool. . .IMO
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by puskin: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
Mehn. . .boarding skool is da bomb.
I went 2 Federal Govt. College, Enugu.
Iv gat loads of xperiences, both good and bad.
In my JS3, i accidentally short-circuited d electrical system while ironing in my block, which consìsts of more than 16rooms nd cubicles which houses the most notorious, wicked and vicious SS3 students in d skool. (this happ'nd a few mìns. b4 nite prep)
I heared 4rm a distance "woe betide d person dat did this if he's not in SS3".
I was done for. I instantly knew I was on the most wanted list. grin grin
I immediately ran out of d hostel. Afta prep dat nite, most junior boiz were beaten cos they cudn't point out the person who did it and those who knew I did it "saw no evil and spoke no evil".
I became a "wanderer" nd neva visited d hostel 4more than 2dayz, cos the light was fixed around then. Despite dat, I neva hung around the hostel longer than necessary, cos U neva know which SS3 student still has it in his mind 2beat the hell out of me 4wat I did.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by puskin: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
What about Red nite.
U dare not sleep on dat day.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by javalove(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
puskin:

What about Red nite.
U dare not sleep on dat day.

yea!!!!!!!!!!

we had red night in my skool too. .Federal Govt college Ijanikin Lagos. . .

damn. . .u be sleeping on ur bed and som1 comes to put close up tootpaste on ur eyes. . .or som1 pours urine on ur bed. . .

usually a night before long hols. . .

fun!!
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by lourash(m): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2009
May God punish all my seniors in Command school lokoja for the years 1992-1995. AMEN
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by koolchicco: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
Boarding School? undecided
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by mahogany28: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2009
my skool was supposed to be posh and we had a white principal, that didnt help the type of bullyin we had to endure.

I rememba one particular senior that was a lesbian,and she loved boys too, she never went for prep,she was always plannin wat party to jam for the weekend, we even heard she had numerous abortions before she finally graduated, me personally i sufered o, but when my older brother was headboy, life was sweet small sha grin

After he graduated,i was left all alone , and had to suffer, na wa sha.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by Jenke: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2009
boarding school is a place to be especially when its a singles school.singles school is a wicked one.i will share one funny bu serios experience with u .
my school was a single girls school, we had an elderly gate man that collects bribe if we want to go out especially on Vals day and some other festive days that we were supposed to be in school.one dat the man refuse to collect money cos he had been warned and treatened with his job.so students bundled the poor man and lock him in a drum leaving small hole for him to breath.he was later sacked when the principal described us as notorious,and brought in millitary people (mopols)girls ended up dating them oneafter another as they discovered it was their weakness and had their way out.our principal was so frustrated that she had to give up on us and she prayed and fasted for us but it did not work,she had to start praying for transfer before she dies of hypetension.but we were brilliant.
Re: Ur Experience In Boarding School by rickie4us(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
@puskin
hi puskin, I also attended Federal Government College, Enugu , I was in honesty house.
It was real fun all the way then but I wonder what goes on these days. I remember the days of massacre (that is when there is a rush for food at the dinning). I remember a friend in my JS1 who cried and packed his box and said he was leaving school for this reason. I remember red nite , yeah
we also had our social nites called 'ebo'.
I wonder what the school is like now w, but it was real fun in our days ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Magnesium International Institute / Meet 20 Year Old Indian Known As 'World's Fastest Human Calculator' (Photos) / When The Witches Find Out You Failed Waec(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.