Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ (487 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ by mrphysics(m): 11:49am On Dec 24, 2016
Let's go straight to the point

“Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the East to Jerusalem, saying, Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East, and have come to worship Him. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.”
Matthew 2:1-4.

The Points are:

1. Before He mounts the Throne, friends brought Him presents and His enemies planned His death. There were two results from Christ’s coming, as there always will be, for this Child is not only a Savior to some, but also a stumbling block to others.

2. I want you, first, to notice the note of exclamation that we have in the first verse. “When Jesus was born, behold.” Ecce! Behold! There is something to look at, something good that is worth gazing upon. Behold it! Here are far-off persons who come very near. Wise men from the East come and worship the Infant Christ! But there is something to which there is no “behold” put, yet it is sorrowfully worth considering. Here are near ones who are far-off—Herod, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the chief priests and the scribes.

3. “Not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.” It has been truly remarked that the shepherds did not miss their way—they came to Christ at once, while the wise men, even with a star to guide them, yet missed their way and went to Jerusalem instead of to Bethlehem. However, they did come to Christ, even if they did come in a roundabout way and make a blunder or two!

4. There is one who plays the hypocrite. “Yes,” he says, “there is one who is born King of the Jews. Will you wise men kindly tell me all about it? You say you saw a star? When did the star appear? Be very particular. Did you take note of its movements? You say you saw it, and you saw it, and you saw it? What time in the evening was it first visible? What day of the month did it appear?” Herod is very particular in getting all the information that he can about that star.

5. The saddest point is that none of these people sought Christ—not Herod with his hypocrisy, nor Jerusalem with its troubles, nor the scribes and priests with their ancient knowledge—none of them sought Christ! May God grant that no hearer of mine may be on that black list! Oh, may we all seek Jesus! May we all find Him!

May the Lord, bring the far-off ones near tonight! And, may he also bring the near ones really near—these many who are always in this House and yet not in Christ!”

www.spurgeongems.org

Happy Christmas Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ by Abeos(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas
Re: 5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ by ojun50(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
Merry chrismass
Re: 5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ by mrphysics(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lalasticlala and seun, mynd44, what do thou have to say. This topic needs front page
Re: 5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ by lordm(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
Jesus was not born on 25th but I will eat the rice sha
Re: 5 Interesting Things To Know On The Birth Of Christ by mrphysics(m): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
lordm:
Jesus was not born on 25th but I will eat the rice sha

Yes, we use 25th to remember His birth. So believe and be saved

(1) (Reply)

A Top Pastor’s Confession: “How I Made My Wife Mad!” / Why Nigeria Can Never Be Islamised — Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo / DSS Invites Apostle Suleiman To Abuja Office For "Talks" By 1000am, 30/01/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.