Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians (16115 Views)

PDP Criticises President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians / President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" / Fayose Faults Buhari Christmas Bonus For Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by olokeded: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Dear Compatriots,

I heartily rejoice with all Nigerians, particularly our Christian brothers and sisters, on this year's celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

As we celebrate this year’s Christmas, I believe that it is very appropriate for us to reflect on the love of God aptly espoused in the teachings and lifestyle of Jesus Christ.

During his earthly sojourn, Jesus Christ repeatedly reminded his disciples and followers of peace that comes in the midst of trials and tribulations on earth.

There is no better time than now in our nation’s history to pray for divine guidance to get over our current challenges.

We can have peace in Nigeria if we all learn to tolerate and appreciate one another, respect constituted authority; and be our brothers’ keepers in word and deed.

During this period, we should remember to offer special prayers to God for all our heroic citizens who paid the supreme price to restore peace and security in the North East and other flash points in the country.

Let us also remember in our prayers the security forces in the frontline in the continuing battle to rid our nation of terrorism and violence.

We must not forget the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in our midst and those who have suffered untold hardship as a result of activities of insurgents and terrorists.

Our immediate priority is to alleviate the poverty of Nigerians by quickly stimulating the economy.

I assure Nigerians that our government is doing its best to make life easier for all.

Let us therefore, renew our hope in the God-ordained unity, progress and prosperity of our great nation.

I wish all travellers safe movements and a memorable holiday as we celebrate with our family and friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MUHAMMADU BUHARI

President, Federal Republic of Nigeria

December 24, 2016.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/12/read-buhari-christmas-message.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Teague4league(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
cool
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by adidasBarca: 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thanks sir
God bless Nigeria

27 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Olasco93: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tiri gbosa for our Presido

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Noblecx: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
Buhari I been think say you stubborn...

Still a great message with a bad messenger.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by MrAdetunjiBayo: 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
Can't you all see that Buhari is greatest president ever? He wrote a letter to the chriatians. This is why we yoruba muslims believe he is greater than Awolowo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by angeltolly(f): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Kudos to the speech writer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Sandydayziz(f): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:
Can't you all see that Buhari is greatest president ever? He wrote a letter to the chriatians. This is why [/b]we[b] yoruba muslims believe he is greater than Awolowo.

Mr man what're u saying? undecided

U nd who exactly?

56 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by pchukwudi: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mr. President, please preach to yourself and PRACTICE what you preach FIRST.

And there's no need to invoke the name person of God in vain.

You are busy playing to the gellery in Abuja (with your empty Christmas message script) yet your agents of death are busy delivering bleak Christmas and agony-full new year to the innocent christians in the south east.

https://www.nairaland.com/3536919/igbo-biafra-christmas-security-checkpoints
______

'THIS IS YOUNG MAN A.K.A (ETO) CAME FROM INDONESIA THIS CHRISTMAS FOR HIS WEDDING. HE MARRIED 3DAYS AGO, AND THIS GUY CALLED ETO IS DEAD NOW .

HOW COME ?

ON HIS WAY COMING FROM OWERRI WITH HIS WIFE YESTERDAY ,THE NIGERIA POLICE ON CHECK POINT STOPPED HIM WITH HIS WIFE INSIDE THEIR CAR AND HE WAS SHOT DEAD BY MEMBERS OF NIGERIA POLICE'.

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS USELESS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA'

https://www.nairaland.com/3536636/police-shoots-ipob-man-just

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by oloriooko(m): 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:
Can't you all see that Buhari is greatest president ever? He wrote a letter to the chriatians. This is why we yoruba muslims believe he is greater than Awolowo.
Abi Omo ale ni eleyi ni?
Akotileta Omo eranko

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Miracle40: 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
Good
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Cutezt(m): 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2016

Thunder!!!!

God Abeg Grant Me 1 Wish
Make This Man No See Tommorow
See As Area Just Dry Like Durrentchigozie Bia Bia
(Na Joke I Dey O)

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by DeltahArmy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mumu
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
This idiot should save his xmas message. We don't need it

15 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by repogirl(f): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mhmm... Empty message.

You talk about tolerance while your agents are killing people everywhere all over the country, sacking communities with the aid of the military plus police force and you keep mute about it.

Weldone, now take your message and shove deep, up where the sun doesn't shine.

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Kaybaba5(m): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Good speech
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Recession must end in 2016 ooo
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by AtomElect: 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
If I hear say na him write am.. angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
God bless my president
God bless Nigeria
God bless the wailers
With clear views and critical examination of event unfolding in Nigeria and the shear blackmail of the current government, which the world powers are feeling uncomfortable with some of its current policies especially on the ban on forty one food items which comes from their economy, while our food items are banned in most of their countries using various excuses to achieve.
Permit me to mention in specific terms what my view on the international conspiracy tends to suffer if the current government blockage of the food item continues.
Let me mention some countries:
Thailand.
Thailand gets a whopping 30billion dollar from Nigeria on importation of rice and fish. With the ban on rice, their economy tends to suffer greatly because for every bag of rice we consume create a massive job for their citizen while we suffer unemployment. Nigeria does not export anything tangible to the country to get back any reasonable economic values from Thailand!
India.
Nigerias largest import of refined petroleum products is from India with considerable large sums of dollars going there. Our agricultural produces are also bought cheaply directly from the farms and exported without the money returning back to boost our foreign currency reservoir.
They also dubiously transfer most of our foreign currency through fake expatriate salaries whom salaries are paid to their country through the bank exchange rate while such money find their way back into the country (round tripping.)
They import a lot of the product that are under the banned products even though they can easily manufacture the products here. Apart from our crude which India import, Nigeria as a nation is been short changed in every area of our economic alliance.
China
China is worst in every area, most especially in labour related areas where they underpay Nigerians working in most of their factories. Our import from China exceed over 100 billion dollar annually with no reasonable amount of import of commodity from Nigeria to China!! We import the largest amount of our generators from china which has led to the unwillingness of these countries to assist develop our power infrastructures
Europe
We also import a lot of refined petroleum products from Europe along with fish and poultry products.
Recently they confronted the CBN governor over the ban on fish while our beans remain banned over a cheap excuse of having pesticide.
Mind you all the oil companies drilling oil in Nigeria have a refinery licence attached to their exploration licence, so why are they not doing it. Simply because they are working for their foreign conspirators.
Now let us analyse the information above
Why will china agree to help develop the power sector when their generator export amongst other exports to Nigeria is keeping their economy flying?
Why will Europe assist Nigeria when their economy solely depends on sales of their poorly conserved inorganic food items (which most videos have shown) or what does it cost them to help develop our sea for high yield of sea food instead of import or building more refineries to help make Nigeria a self-sufficient country in petroleum products?
Yet we are rated as a fast growing economy under one of the most corrupt regime ever with no physical infrastrures such as power, good transport system such as road and rail, or advance agricultural technologies to produce food for self-sufficiency!!!
I am glad we are beginning to do what we needed to have started many years back which will surely bring us to a new destination, like the saying goes, there is light at the end of the dark tunnel, but if we care to look, and ofcourse, persevere to endure the trek to promised land or the emd of the so called tunnel!
MAY THIS GOVERNMENT SUCCEED!
Let's stop playing politics with our lives, our future, that of our children and the future of our unborn children.
This house must not fall.
The developed countries will do everything to pull this government down because of these and many other directional policies. They can not survive it or win except Nigerians give them support to win.
How can we create employment if we don't produce? Where will the jobs come from?
How can we curb inflation if we keep importing everything including toothpicks?
How can our money (Naira) be valuable when we do everything with dollars because nothing is done locally?
How can our country develop when we do not want to change our orientation and do the right things even if it may mean a four (4) years sacrifice/hardship/
suffering, or call it whatever and a life time enjoyment?
Haven't we suffered enough?
How can we reduce or curb crimes when most hands are idle, jobless and underutilised. They say an idle hand/mind is devil's workshop. Do you think this is a joke?
Look around and see the number of thugs, touts, criminals, robbers and irresponsible people we have in all localities.
Now let me tell you this, may GOD forbid, if we allow actively or inactively, the pull down of this government because of our greed, selfish interest, ignorance, lack of knowledge, foolish politics, religion or hate, ethical stupidity, we may never have the opportunity to come out of a perpetual hardship again!!!!!
Receive wisdom, Be Wise and be blessed!!!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!
Thank you, Complements of the Season and Happy New Year in Advance!

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
Zoo president, who your Christmas msg epp ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Atiku2019: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas in Advance My President and All Nairalanders....

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by tosyne2much(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
I just don't know why I like this man so much

*nobody should dare quote me* cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by realmindz: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:

We know you aren't yoruba grin

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by daniska3yaro(m): 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hm
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Compliment of the season.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Braingold: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Use that you speech as a flows to your wife in the other room and tell me whether she go respond.

my friend if you font know what to do , go and play candy crush.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Bigajeff(m): 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
1$=1naira

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by soath(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thanks to the aide who wrote the speech. cool

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
They say, "the fastest way to get a man to marry you, is to cook his best meal and serve it with a chilled bottle of coke" - okay, nobody said that, i just totally made that up.
But, if it was true; then Nneka would never get married.
Nneka, was my church crush - church, in the sense that we attended the same church and she was in the choir - so yeah, church crush!
But you see, she wasn't like any other choir girl you know. Forget those "head-tie wearing, Ankle skirt" girls you're probably imagining.
Nneka had class, and ass too - not sure which was more, but both were in abundance. Her figure eight ( shape wasn't helping matters, not to talk of her clear American accent - Mehn! Angels had to be made this way.
So yeah, we eventually started dating after I broke forcefully out of the deep shackles of friend zone I was submerged in - *middle finger village witches*
During the course of our dating, she kept complaining about the money I spent eating out and buying junk food. I never really had a problem with this cos' I barely had time to cook for myself, with my 9 - 8 job and all. - Yeah, 9am to 8pm! My boss was directly related to the devil himself.
Anyways, she offered to cook and insisted on spending the weekend. She was going to "spoil me silly" with different kinds of dishes I had never tasted. I knew right then, that I had found the one. No more cornflakes and indomie for one week - goodbye carbohydrates; Hello protein!!
I fell deeper in love.
Saturday finally arrived, and I was treated to a huge plate of Egusi soup - Everybody's favourite.
I'm not much of a Bible story kinda guy, but after first taste, I knew instantly that soup must have been inspired by the story of Lot and the Pillar of Salt.
My Egusi soup was filled with the missing parts of the Pillar of Salt. I'm not joking, I might have as well, ordered a salt solution instead - heck! it felt like it.
But I let it slide, maybe she was just nervous cooking for me for the first time - Love, really is blind.
By evening, we had Beans - or should I even call it that?
Beans used to be my favourite food, until Nneka catwalked into my life. Now all I see when I think of Beans is horror and battlefields.
You think I'm lying? Okay, picture David and Goliath. Yep, remember those stones David picked before the fight? - yep! those ones.
They were present in my dinner plate. Actually, I think I had more stones than Beans for dinner - but then again Love prevailed, I let it slide.
It was when I saw her washing the rice with soap and sponge the next morning, I knew that I was finished.
"Blood of Donald Trump!! ", I shouted!
But deep down, I was certain the end was finally here. At that moment, I knew my village witches had won the battle - they were probably twerking to a Gospel beat sef at that time.
It's been two weeks since that weekend and I've not had the mind to return her calls or texts. Please, how do you arrange your lips to tell somebody you're not doing again?
Brother zone has never felt more perfect to me. I willingly zone myself.
I give up abeg, I'm not doing again joor!

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Has 24 Hours To Stop NGO Billl - Amnesty International / Justice Ayo Salami Rejects Appointment To Monitor Graft Cases. / Photos: Governor Udom Emmanuel Hosts Fmr President Olusegun Obasanjo In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.