Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" (15004 Views)

Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki / PDP Criticises President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians / PDP Poll: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Than 2 Years Ago? Shocking Results!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Ebullience(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has given Nigerians the assurance that better days are ahead.

The president said this in his Christmas message.

“I am deeply convinced that better days lie ahead for us as a nation as we make progress on all the major fronts where we have set our energies to surmount the challenges,” he said.

He said the government had stepped up efforts to halt the upsurge in illegal trans-border movement.

Buhari said effort is on to “halt this wickedness against the upwardly mobile generation, and have evacuated some of our compatriots stranded abroad”.

“We appeal to them to shun the allure of embarking on such perilous journeys,” he said.

“Lately, we have witnessed an upsurge in the activities of trans-border syndicates who lure our youths to modern slavery through irregular migration.”

He also urged Nigerians to support and pray for soldiers who are engaged in the fight against insurgents and those engaged in bringing peace to the country.

“By the same token, and keeping with the spirit of the season, our gallant troops serving in the frontlines in the fight against insurgency; those wounded, lying in the hospital, as well as civilians who have suffered the brunt of evil and wicked elements these past years, deserve our fervent goodwill and sustained prayers,” he said.

“The personal fortitude of these individuals will continue to inspire us to victory as we turn the tide against the enemy and annihilate those who work against the unity of our nation.

“ As we celebrate this Yuletide season, let us devote some time to pray and appreciate the sacrifices of members of our armed services to keep our nation safe and secure.”

Buhari, who said Christmas is a time for showing love, asked Christians to draw inspiration from teachings of Jesus Christ.

“I felicitate with all Nigerians, particularly our Christian brothers and sisters, on the occasion of this year’s Christmas day celebration.

“The commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ is an important opportunity for us to show love to one another and encourage unity by spending quality time with our friends, families and the less-privileged.

“It is also an occasion to draw inspiration from the exemplary lifestyle and teachings of Jesus Christ, who constantly stood for what is right, true and honest.

“The Holy Book describes Christmas as a festival of peace, joy, healing, hope and fulfilment. It kindles great expectations in the heart, irrespective of the challenges of the moment.

“I wish you all Happy Christmas celebrations.”

https://www.thecable.ng/better-days-ahead-says-buhari/amp?__twitter_impression=true

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by ceezarhh(m): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
better days indeed...

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by greatsly: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
Irrespective of the challenges we face as a people and as a Nation, we must continue to look up with hope.
Yes, we have felt the pain of economic challenges in the past year, there are better days ahead and it is not over yet for us and our Nation.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Ebullience(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
We appreciate your message Sir, but it (the message) would have been better appreciated if you had, at least said something concerning the hardship currently being faced by Nigerians occasioned by the lingering fuel crisis.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Ezeakanobi: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
May Allah punish this arrogant old bastard.

Sending the dullard back to dauara to his cows is a task that must be accomplished come 2019

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Lilimax(f): 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
Ndi ara!!!

48 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
God would punish Buhari specially!!

We know he is an agent from hell, we would send him back to hell come 2019....and if he insists on remaining there, we would form a parallel government..

We can't continue with Buhari..

Never ever!!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Sunnycliff(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Trash upon trash

He has never disappointed me in his foolery

33 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Yungwizzzy28(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari ruled Nigeria like a joke. Nigerians will boot him out in 2019 like its funny

36 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Yes there are better days ahead for Nigeria after Buhari has been sent back to his cows in Daura by 2019

49 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by TheLogicalMind(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
[b]

You're perfectly right my dear Daura Dullard. Things will definitely start looking up when you are sent packing back to your ranch where you will feel at home with your fellow cows.

2019 can't come soon enough for us, but in the meantime we are paying the price for your stupidity and lack of vision.

You have presided over the most divisive, tribalistic and incompetent administration this country has ever known.

Your cowbrain Fulani brothers have been running amok killing, raping and destroying the livelihoods of many farmers while you pretend not to notice.

The naira has lost more than 200% of its value thanks to your mismanagement of our economy.

I could say more, but right now I'm sitting in darkness because there has been no electricity for the past 8 hrs and my battery is running as low as my regard for you.

I couldn't watch El Classico. Sigh.

I can't fuel my gen because your Muslim brothers in the NNPC have decided to make Christians suffer this Christmas.

But the God I serve is not like the useless one you believe in. He will surely see you safely out of Aso Rock come 2019 IJMN.

[/b]

42 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by mastermaestro(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
After spending hours at the petrol station to get petrol at N270 a liter this morning, I don't think Buhari wants to know what's on my mind. If I caught him and his hypnotized supporters right now...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by signature2012(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
A president without VISION can never have a MISSION talkless of an ACTION.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by jaymejate: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Yea but not while you are in office... So for the better days to come fast, leave office 2019. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by iWasNotHere(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Some that will not go unpunished for making Nigerians hungry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by fitzmayowa: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
mastermaestro:
After spending hours at the petrol station to get petrol at N270 a liter this morning, I don't think Buhari wants to know what's on my mind.

Rejoice I say again rejoice, as "Sai Bab..." has declared better days ahead...cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by pachukwu16: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
Okay
We dn hear!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Richy4(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin grin...I loved the picture the OP used... as if he was laughing at Nigerians..

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by RealAdewole(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
ok we don hear

Mr President always dodge present situation in the country whenever he is addressing the nation

and that last sentence is not in any holy book

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
grin
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by bedspread: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
THERE ARE DEFINITELY BETTER DAYS AHEAD FOR ME IN PARTICULAR AND NIGERIA IN GENERAL ......BUT PMB HAS TO GO..... HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by quinnboy: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
I no understand
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by dalaman: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
What is this senile man saying?

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Pavarottii(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
To say the least that this man didn't condemn the fulanees herdsmen attack on Christian communities.

Simply says, he is truly a descendant of lucifier.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
smiley
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by tiredoflife(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
is he is now a motivational speaker grin is he is now a motivational speaker
Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by simplemach(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
After three years

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
Ezeakanobi:
May Allah punish this arrogant old bastard

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by slyfox35(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
The only problem is that you won't be there to see the better days
Sorry, Old man
Your time don dey reach to join our kpelemo ancestors wey first spoil the country

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians: 'Better Days Are Ahead" by gurunlocker: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
Saying same shitttt as always...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation / Nothing To Show For Buhari’s Investment In SIP - Ndume / Am Alive And Well says Deziani Alison-Madueke, Petroleum Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.