Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert (792 Views)

Please Who Can Explain This Dhl Tracking For Am Confused ( Pics) / The Promise Of Dangote’s $12bn Refinery / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert by Bayils(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello NLders, I felt very stupid to have been a victim of this petty scam.
Please beware of this name "OBISIKE PROMISE ANELE" who claimed to be one of the DHL official here in Abuja.

I was expecting a parcel from a friend in Ireland, going by the information on the waybill i have, the expected parcel is currently in the country. I waited for days, nothing from DHL.
So i had to google "DHL Office in Abuja, about 5 different locations, details and working hours came up.
I tried all the phone numbers allotted to each of the office none of them was working, However, one of the numbers "0814 389 8456" which happens to be on the 4th office went through, and a guy picked it up and sounded like a DHL customer service.
I explained to him and he immediately requested for my email, the tracking number that he will get back to me shortly.
Not too long after that, he called back that my parcel is in their head office here in Abuja that i was meant to pay the sum of (N10,600) for custom duty and all..
At first, i was like custom duty.? he said yes that they will send me an sms shortly with the details on how to make payment and all that.
When i received the SMS, it was from this number "08114320247" stating
"THANK YOU FOR USING DHL COURIER SERVICE. ORDER ACCEPTED!! ORDER NO: #3426****** OFFICER IN CHARGE
A/C NAME: OBISIKE PROMISE ANELE
A/C NO: 3102213071
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK.
AUTHORIZATION FEE : 10,600

I was very sceptical receiving this, i called the guy back immediately that why would i pay into a personal account not an Official DHL account, he said they are currently having issues with their corporate account hence payment will be designated to each officer in charge of a particular parcel. Immediately, i suspected a foulpay.... and i insisted that i will rather come to the office make payment and pick up my parcel.

But the office address he gave me was very far from where i was staying, so i told him i will make the payment.
I did the transfer, called him to confirm my payment. After that, i received an SMS stating the confirmation of my payment that a dispatch rider details will be send to me shortly.

Waited for hours nothing from this guy, i picked up my phone to call him again, the guy didn't pick my calls, later divert the phone line to a wrong number...it was then i realised i have just been scammed.
I accept the fact of being so stupid to have felt for this cheap scam. If i had followed my instinct i wouldn't have been messed up this way.

I log on to DHL website, track the location of their head office here in Abuja called and explained what happened, the lady that picked the phone said they were fully aware of this scammers that they are currently working very hard to catch up with them.

I need to quickly put this up here, for people to be aware of this act.

LESSON LEARNT
1. Don't believe in most of he information displayed on google business and map, confirm first from their official website.

2. Anything that has to do with a corporate entity, under no circumstances should you make payment to an individual or a personal account.

3. DHL will never ask you for a custom fee, without any verified information on your waybill.

THE SCAMMER DETAILS
A/C NAME: OBISIKE PROMISE ANELE
A/C NO: 3102213071
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK.
PHONE NO: 0814 389 8456, 08114320247

1 Like

Re: BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
first, when you needed the real DHL office number to go through, it didn't
immediately you got scammed, their phone lines became open. truly sorry about this unfortunate incident OP
Also, i think DHL abuja is very incompetent, for know about "that particular scammer" which means they have all his details
including his phone number, bank account, name and they still haven't lured him out?

i dont know how else to define incompetency if not this.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert by Bayils(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Admin401:
immediately you got scammed, their phone lines became open. truly sorry about this unfortunate incident OP
Also, i think DHL abuja is very incompetent, for know about "that particular scammer" which means they have all his details
including his phone number, bank account, name and they still haven't lured him out?

Thank you, funny enough the real office DHL address here in Abuja appears to be closed for today on Google map while the scammer is open from 8am till 4pm. Isn't that weird.?
I still don't understand why they haven't lured him out yet, cuz i'm very sure i'm not the first victim of this guy.
I will see if i can track him via his account details, just written to first bank.
Re: BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert by ceasare: 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Admin401:

This is more than incompetency...allah!

Bayils:

Thank you, funny enough the real office DHL address here in Abuja appears to be closed for today on Google map while the scammer is open from 8am till 4pm. Isn't that weird.?
I still don't understand why they haven't lured him out yet, cuz i'm very sure i'm not the first victim of this guy.
I will see if i can track him via his account details, just written to first bank.

Pls make sure u report at a police station and try and track him at all cost(May God gv u d strength to do so)
Because if u let it go the guy will still be in business of duping people...

1 Like

Re: BEWARE! Obisike Promise Anele -dhl Scam Alert by Bayils(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
ceasare:

Pls make sure u report at a police station and try and track him at all cost(May God gv u d strength to do so)
Because if u let it go the guy will still be in business of duping people...
All eyes on the guy, i have reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency. I believe we will track him down.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Announces Early Closure Of Branches Today / [tutorial] How To Create Multiple Accounts Under One Email / MAERSK Tankers Teams Up With Cargometrics On Big Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.