Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Love: The Reason For Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love: The Reason For Christmas (4453 Views)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Shares N30 Million To Members For Christmas / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack / The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love: The Reason For Christmas by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 25, 2016
The Christmas season is one that comes with joy, laughter and celebration. It is usually characterized by merriment and celebration in our homes. Many people make use of this opportunity to drink and party around town, some take it as an opportunity to visit their villages and hometowns which they have not visited for a long time. But the sad thing is that people always tend to forget the real reason for the season, they forget what the celebration is all about.

What is Christmas all about? The answer to this question is no mystery. December 25 is generally accepted and believed to be the day that Christ Jesus was born into this world, although many have argued that this isn't true but the most important thing is that Christ Jesus was born. It doesn't matter if it was in December or March or June.

Now, The Bible says in John 3:16

“For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Take note of the bolded word in the scripture. Love. That’s the reason for Christmas. God so LOVED the world that he sent Jesus. If there was no LOVE in it, I mean if God had not loved the world, he wouldn’t have sent Jesus to die.

It is also very important to note that Jesus had a choice. He could have chosen not to die for the world. It wouldn’t have made Jesus a sinner nor would it have made God mad at him. Jesus willingly gave up his life for the world, it was difficult but he still did it. Why? Because he so LOVED the father and was willing to do anything to please the father, he was willing also to LOVE all those who the father loved.

So as you go about the celebration today, don’t forget that LOVE was the reason God sent Jesus to the world. LOVE was the reason Jesus carried out the mission willingly and LOVE should a characteristic of your celebration this season.

Take out time to check out the needy, the beggars along the street, the homeless and that parentless child. Devote your time today to make them feel loved. Instead of wasting your money on drinks and parties, you can reach out to this people and share with them things they need.

For example, you can give out some of your children’s old clothes to the less privileged child, but make sure that the clothes are still neat and presentable. If you can afford to buy new ones for them, don’t hesitate.

There could also be families out there who do not even have food to eat today, if you can afford it, buy a bag of rice and share among these families. If you cant afford a bag of rice, buy a paint rubber or something else that you are sure would be of value to them.

Also show Love to yourself. Remember if there was no you, Christ would not have died for animals. Christ died for you, God so loved "us", that's why he sent Jesus. If we weren't in the picture, there would have been none to love. So Christmas is about "us", it's about people, it's about YOU. So I can also say "You are the reason for the season", "I am the reason for the season."

Let's celebrate Christ, let's celebrate Love let's celebrate You, let's celebrate people, let's celebrate ourselves.

Merry Christmas

Source: http://talkeverytime..com.ng/2016/12/love-reason-for-christmas.html

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, OAM4J

7 Likes

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Ndekks: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2016
Jesus is love and he is the R as on for the season
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by MrTymlez: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2016
Frontpage again??
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by thesis(m): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2016
Great post.
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Bizzyliss(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2016
Booked
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Goldenheart(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2016
kiss
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by lonelydora: 7:00am On Dec 25, 2016
Jesus is the reason for the season.

Merry Christmas to all.
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by sakalisis(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2016
cool
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by descrisom(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2016
Person below me,for allowing me to comment before you did, pls manage this.

3 Likes

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:04am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry christmas nairaland
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Rozaystunna(m): 7:05am On Dec 25, 2016
Mchhwww who love EPP abeg gimme the money
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Lincoln275(m): 7:05am On Dec 25, 2016
k
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Dotwillis1(m): 7:08am On Dec 25, 2016
Comes but ones in a year/and when it comes it brings good cheer
A time to reflect on the greatest gift ever given, not a time to drink beer/
you can forget a birthday/but u cant forget today
/christ the king is born/you don't need facebuk to remind u the date

a great hero and it all started with humbled beginnin/Slept in a box where goats and sheep are feeding/
the matter got worse cos it's harmattan season/Buh all glory to God,mission was acomplishd and we celebrating

The star in the east;/ lying in a manger / birth of the christ the king,/ reason for Herod's 'anger
From east to bethlehem, the three kept following the star/Herod got to know about this nd gt troubled in his heart,/
planned to make fool of the men ,and tryna play wise / buh joseph flew to egypt, to keep save Jesus's life
/a minute silence for the babies the king took their lives/cuz of Jesus, they wr awarded a debt of death/xo they paid the prize

itz Xmas in the air! /wil b havin a meal of fried chicken and rice/
i remembr wen i had ma knife on it's throat/the chicken be singin ;i believe i can fly
nd wen 'it' got in2 ma fry pan/the tune i heard was; i believe i can fry grin

ayafu tried!

Wishing y'all a bile'less Chr

3 Likes

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by ANIEXTY(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas to all nairalanders, enjoy.
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Yinkey6(m): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2016
K
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 7:11am On Dec 25, 2016
I'll just go to church and come home to sleep,one of my worst christmas celebrations but thank God I'm alive and healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by ArabMopol(m): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2016
about 1billion chickens will join their ancestors today... abeg a minute silent for them

1 Like

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by sanandreas(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2016
merry Christmas to all nairalanders
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by mamatayour(f): 7:14am On Dec 25, 2016
It's all about celebrating the birth of Jesus
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by mikool007(m): 7:16am On Dec 25, 2016
merry Christmas
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Omudia11: 7:17am On Dec 25, 2016
Yeah!
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by TVTKOKO(m): 7:21am On Dec 25, 2016
Na beg i dey beg o.. I am flat broke
In the spirit of the season,, please i want to change my phone. it's giving me headache embarassedembarassed embarassed Any phone with a good battery life would do. Thanks in anticipation
Merry Christmas

Nairaland millionaires please show me love

1 Like

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 25, 2016
Who can borrow me Christmas fowl today??
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 25, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
I'll just go to church and come home to sleep,one of my worst christmas celebrations but thank God I'm alive and healthy.
Why?? Don't tell me its because of the recession. Go out and have fun with friends and family
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by geledetv: 7:25am On Dec 25, 2016
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by babino22: 7:27am On Dec 25, 2016
Today is my birthday nairalanders, Oya show some love.

2 Likes

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Seuncoded(f): 7:28am On Dec 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by SWORD419(m): 7:32am On Dec 25, 2016
Abeg where Santa dey?? heard na iphone7 him go dash dis yr
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by riddo2(m): 7:34am On Dec 25, 2016
talkavenue:
The Christmas season is one that comes with joy, laughter and celebration. It is usually characterized by merriment and celebration in our homes. Many people make use of this opportunity to drink and party around town, some take it as an opportunity to visit their villages and hometowns which they have not visited for a long time. But the sad thing is that people always tend to forget the real reason for the season, they forget what the celebration is all about.

What is Christmas all about? The answer to this question is no mystery. December 25 is generally accepted and believed to be the day that Christ Jesus was born into this world, although many have argued that this isn't true but the most important thing is that Christ Jesus was born. It doesn't matter if it was in December or March or June.

Now, The Bible says in John 3:16

“For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Take note of the bolded word in the scripture. Love. That’s the reason for Christmas. God so LOVED the world that he sent Jesus. If there was no LOVE in it, I mean if God had not loved the world, he wouldn’t have sent Jesus to die.

It is also very important to note that Jesus had a choice. He could have chosen not to die for the world. It wouldn’t have made Jesus a sinner nor would it have made God mad at him. Jesus willingly gave up his life for the world, it was difficult but he still did it. Why? Because he so LOVED the father and was willing to do anything to please the father, he was willing also to LOVE all those who the father loved.

So as you go about the celebration today, don’t forget that LOVE was the reason God sent Jesus to the world. LOVE was the reason Jesus carried out the mission willingly and LOVE should a characteristic of your celebration this season.

Take out time to check out the needy, the beggars along the street, the homeless and that parentless child. Devote your time today to make them feel loved. Instead of wasting your money on drinks and parties, you can reach out to this people and share with them things they need.

For example, you can give out some of your children’s old clothes to the less privileged child, but make sure that the clothes are still neat and presentable. If you can afford to buy new ones for them, don’t hesitate.

There could also be families out there who do not even have food to eat today, if you can afford it, buy a bag of rice and share among these families. If you cant afford a bag of rice, buy a paint rubber or something else that you are sure would be of value to them.

Also show Love to yourself. Remember if there was no you, Christ would not have died for animals. Christ died for you, God so loved "us", that's why he sent Jesus. If we weren't in the picture, there would have been none to love. So Christmas is about "us", it's about people, it's about YOU. So I can also say "You are the reason for the season", "I am the reason for the season."

Let's celebrate Christ, let's celebrate Love let's celebrate You, let's celebrate people, let's celebrate ourselves.

Merry Christmas

Source: http://talkeverytime..com.ng/2016/12/love-reason-for-christmas.html

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, OAM4J
thanks for the good post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Anijay1212(m): 7:37am On Dec 25, 2016
A merry christmas to all nairalanders and a bountiful new year ahead.
And a happy birthday to myself also.
God bless us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by Chikelue2000(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry christmas nairalanders
Re: Love: The Reason For Christmas by gidjah(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2016
A merry Christmas and glorious one to every true lover of God out there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Fuji Music Be Allowed In Church? / 'Christians', Abraham Is Not Your Father! / Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.