Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince (9061 Views)

Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
Romans 4:25
who [Jesus] was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

The Bible tells us that Christ was delivered up for our sins and raised from the dead for our justification. You may already know why Jesus died for our sins, but do you know the significance of God raising Him from the dead?
Let me give you an illustration to help you understand the significance of Jesus’ resurrection.

Let’s say that you are living in a foreign country. One day, you happen to break a major rule of the land. You appeal to the king for mercy. He says, “A rule is a rule. I cannot bend the rule for you. What will others say about my integrity? However, if you can find a substitute to take your punishment—three months in jail—I will allow it.”
By God’s grace, you find a willing substitute. He goes to prison on your behalf and you don’t see him for some time. Days, weeks and months pass by.

Now, how or when will you know that your crime has been fully paid for? When will you be able to rest easy regarding your crime? It is when you see your substitute walking free again! When you see him out of prison, you will know that the sentence has been fully served. You will know that you are now justified and no one can bring a charge against you for your old crime. No longer will you be afraid of the king or his guards coming after you because you know that the one who was punished in your place is now walking free.

Beloved, Jesus, your substitute, paid the debt you could not pay. On the cross, He bore the sins of your entire life. God put it all on Jesus and then He punished Jesus for every single one of those sins until He was fully satisfied. And because He was so pleased with what Jesus had done, He raised Him from the dead.

Today, Jesus’ tomb remains empty. He is not there for He has risen! His resurrection and empty tomb will forever be our assurance that we have been fully justified. You no longer have to be afraid of God judging you for your sins. His justice is on your side today!

Thought For The Day

Jesus’ resurrection and empty tomb will forever be our assurance that we have been fully justified!

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/the-reason-for-the-resurrection/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Horus(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
The truth is that those so-called wise and prudent theologians know absolutely nothing about the so-called resurrection simply because it never happened. Easter, or the celebration of the resurrection, is merely a tradition, a tradition that you have been taught from childhood, and coming into maturity you have accepted it because that is what you were taught. That is what you read bout. That is what your parents made you observed every Easter Sunday. Thus, you continued to go along with it and before you knew it, you had carelessly assumed what you now believe without question or proof. Easter is the feast of feasts celebrated in honor of the risen Christ. You have even reached the point where you will defend vigorously and emotionally your belief, a belief that can lead you straight to hell.

It has become human nature to flow with the stream, and to go along with the crowd, to believe and perform like those around you. And, even when you stumble on the truth, you will not believe because like the majority of the people, you stubbornly refuse to believe what you are unwilling to believe. There is an old saying that says:

He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:36am On Apr 16, 2017
Happy Easter
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by jeeqaa7(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2017
So I am Glad.. Extremely happy.. He did this for me. He cleared my doubt. He broke protocols . He stunned us all
He died. Asin died completely
Not for His Crime. Not for something He did but something I did. He set the standard for Love.
Against all odds
He rose.. He is back and this time .
He comes Triumphant.
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah.
I am a witness and I feel different.
I feel Good
Christ is Risen.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Happy easter nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
During the pagan spring festival Ōestre witches were said to shapeshift into Hares and leave presents of eggs for children!

That's why in America, Easter is wayyyy more fun, because they celebrate it fro the real reason. Jesus never died in April, lol. Just like he wasn't born on December 25th.

In the United States Easter is full of egg hunts for chocolate coated eggs grin yum!

Easter is just another pagan festival that Christians stole!

2 Likes

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by dessz(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2017
come and see the real reason grin ...

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Tenim47(m): 9:57am On Apr 16, 2017
MuMu
jesus neither die nor resurrect
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by JONITEZ(m): 9:58am On Apr 16, 2017
Tenim47:
MuMu
jesus neither die nor resurrect
Then what did he do?
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by princeSammyz: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2017
What if the original sentence was for life? Forever. Resurrection would mean bringing back home the lamb upon which sins has been transferred. Just thinking though.
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by realestniggah: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2017
this stories are just too dumb..the white men who came up with this sh!t should have come up with something more believable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Tenim47(m): 10:01am On Apr 16, 2017
JONITEZ:
Then what did he do?
being replaced by another being instead , nd was taken away by GOD

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by plessis: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Tenim47(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2017
JONITEZ:
Then what did he do?

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by anataala: 10:05am On Apr 16, 2017
YOU CAN ALSO VIEW THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQnVwi__h-w
jiggaz:
Romans 4:25
who [Jesus] was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

The Bible tells us that Christ was delivered up for our sins and raised from the dead for our justification. You may already know why Jesus died for our sins, but do you know the significance of God raising Him from the dead?
Let me give you an illustration to help you understand the significance of Jesus’ resurrection.

Let’s say that you are living in a foreign country. One day, you happen to break a major rule of the land. You appeal to the king for mercy. He says, “A rule is a rule. I cannot bend the rule for you. What will others say about my integrity? However, if you can find a substitute to take your punishment—three months in jail—I will allow it.”
By God’s grace, you find a willing substitute. He goes to prison on your behalf and you don’t see him for some time. Days, weeks and months pass by.

Now, how or when will you know that your crime has been fully paid for? When will you be able to rest easy regarding your crime? It is when you see your substitute walking free again! When you see him out of prison, you will know that the sentence has been fully served. You will know that you are now justified and no one can bring a charge against you for your old crime. No longer will you be afraid of the king or his guards coming after you because you know that the one who was punished in your place is now walking free.

Beloved, Jesus, your substitute, paid the debt you could not pay. On the cross, He bore the sins of your entire life. God put it all on Jesus and then He punished Jesus for every single one of those sins until He was fully satisfied. And because He was so pleased with what Jesus had done, He raised Him from the dead.

Today, Jesus’ tomb remains empty. He is not there for He has risen! His resurrection and empty tomb will forever be our assurance that we have been fully justified. You no longer have to be afraid of God judging you for your sins. His justice is on your side today!

Thought For The Day

Jesus’ resurrection and empty tomb will forever be our assurance that we have been fully justified!

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/the-reason-for-the-resurrection/
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by jayAjoku(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2017
Nice one i Love pastor Joseph Prince he has embodied the message of Grace ...

Those of you that believe in witches and Don't believe in God your case is oyo sha grin

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by emeralddayo(f): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2017
Horus:
The truth is that those so-called wise and prudent theologians know absolutely nothing about the so-called resurrection simply because it never happened. Easter, or the celebration of the resurrection, is merely a tradition, a tradition that you have been taught from childhood, and coming into maturity you have accepted it because that is what you were taught. That is what you read bout. That is what your parents made you observed every Easter Sunday. Thus, you continued to go along with it and before you knew it, you had carelessly assumed what you now believe without question or proof. Easter is the feast of feasts celebrated in honor of the risen Christ. You have even reached the point where you will defend vigorously and emotionally your belief, a belief that can lead you straight to hell.

It has become human nature to flow with the stream, and to go along with the crowd, to believe and perform like those around you. And, even when you stumble on the truth, you will not believe because like the majority of the people, you stubbornly refuse to believe what you are unwilling to believe. There is an old saying that says:

i always wonder why the likes of you find it necessary to comment on threads like it.....but then we are all entitled to our opinion whether it counts or not.....HAPPY EASTER TO US ALL

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by OCHOdee(f): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Horus:

My dear, whatever is agreed on earth is agreed in heaven #happyeaster
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by walls01: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2017
Horus:

the holy spirit has been testifying about his death since day one
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by walls01: 11:38am On Apr 16, 2017
realestniggah:
this stories are just too dumb..the white men who came up with this sh!t should have come up with something more believable

like the evolution theory I guess

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Moonland100(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2017
If you know that you are an atheist or other religion please always keep quiet when it come to Christians topic. Well, one day the world will fall on their knees, and all will proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
Tenim47:

...as revealed by the person who said mary is the third person of the trinity, please take your ignorance somewhere else
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Okies27(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Horus:

. You are not a Christian and you want to judge our belief. It is either you choose to be saved or not. You have no moral right to say that. If I preach to you and you refuse the message of salvation I've no right to force you. I wonder how non Christians come here to challenge our way of life and belief.
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Immorttal: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Okies27:
. You are not a Christian and you want to judge our belief. It is either you choose to be saved or not. You have no moral right to say that. If I preach to you and you refuse the message of salvation I've no right to force you. I wonder how non Christians come here to challenge our way of life and belief.
lmao, you are defending christianity because u were born and brainwashed into it, cool
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Horus(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
Okies27:

I am free to come here on this forum
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
Horus:

Interesting argument.

However even the "facts" you stated are likely to be gleaned from things you read. I doubt if all you know today is based on first-hand experiential knowledge.

So you see, you too "believe" certain things based on the "research" that agrees with your worldview.

Yes, I think the deeper issue here is the worldview you've chosen to "believe".

And you are FREE to choose to any worldview. So is everyone else.

You can still respect other people's right to choose their worldview, as long it doesn't impinge on your own freedom. It does NOT mean they are "flowing with the stream".

P.S. Can someone really be "convinced" against his will? Wherein lies the "conviction"?
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by sportskid(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Horus:

Only a Fool will say in His heart that there is no God. Keep your opinion to yourself. We don't need it
Re: The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince by idesylvester(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
Hear yourself
Tenim47:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mrpresident1 Claims Christ'll Come on/b4 20/1/17,Doesn't This Refute His Claim? / Is There Something Inherently Wrong With Black Africans? / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.