Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 (888 Views)

Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident / Fans hold vigil for Michael Schumacher as he spends 45th birthday in a coma / Football Club Signs-up Messi’s 2-Weeks-Old Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
Button joins Hamilton at McLaren

[b]Jenson Button has signed to drive alongside Lewis Hamilton in an all-English line-up at McLaren next season, BBC Sport has learned.

The world champion's move will be announced later on Wednesday.

The confirmation follows news that former world champion Kimi Raikkonen will not race in F1 next year.

The move leaves McLaren with one of the most exciting driver line-ups in F1 and Button facing arguably the toughest challenge of his career.

Button's former team Brawn, who have been taken over by Mercedes, made Button an offer, but the 29-year-old did not consider it acceptable.

His switch means McLaren will be fielding the last two world champions in the same team, Hamilton having won the drivers' title in 2008.

Button's preference for McLaren is not solely to do with money, according to sources. He also believes it is the best option for his career.

After a poor start to the 2009 season, McLaren came back strongly in the second half of the year, while Brawn, after dominating the first third of the season, slipped back in competitiveness as the year went on.

Button's manager Richard Goddard was unavailable for comment.

Brawn emerged from the ashes of the former Honda team, after the Japanese company pulled out of F1 last winter.

Button took a pay cut last winter to help secure the team's future and they went on to win the world championship together in Brawn's debut season.

Now renamed Mercedes Grand Prix, the team have already signed the German Nico Rosberg as one of their drivers.

His fellow German Nick Heidfeld is the favourite for the second seat. [/b]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8363892.stm

Bite me, but I really don't know how I feel about this.

Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by yousouph(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2009
Good to hear that Button joining Mclaren. Champion joins champion. Music to my ears
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2009
yousouph:

Good to hear that Button joining Mclaren. Champion joins champion. Music to my ears
You have a point but. . .really I stil don't know how I feel about this.
Still thinking. . .
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2009
Two huge egos colliding.
It may be all smiles now,but let's see how much they'll be smilling at the end of the season when one feels he should be World champion and the other thinks same.
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
Eastbay:

Two huge egos colliding.
It may be all smiles now,but let's see how much they'll be smilling at the end of the season when one feels he should be World champion and the other thinks same.
Infact that's my main concern.
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
i don't think it happens in an f1 team where both drivers are back-to-back champions.
Let's see how both cope.They may be both Brits,but it doesn't always work out.
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by nazzyon(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
It's all Brawn's fault. They were holding back and do not want to grant the guy what he requested for in 2010.

Brawn wanted to add just little amount of money in 2010 after he'd accepted to a pay cut last season and yet won the competition for the team.

In my own opinion, Brawn brought it upon themselves.

As for the 2010 season, we will know who the champion will be in either Japan or Brazil.

Force India are looking to employ Nelson Piquet, Alonso's ex-colleague @ Renault.

How would you welcome PIQUET THE GENTLE TURN DEVIL?
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
Next season should be a THRILLER!!!
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by A40(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2009
Hmmm this is a very serious move. I really am not sure how well this would work out you know that saying "Oba o le kpe meji laafin" I have a feeling thats what might happen here but it would be interesting all the same i just feel Button drove a car on steroids last year and is really not all that there is no doubt Lou Hamilton is the better driver
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
Schuey gets Button’s old job

JENSON BUTTON was forced out of Brawn GP to make way for Michael Schumacher.

The real reason Button opted to take on Lewis Hamilton at McLaren became clear after legend Schu's secret comeback talks with Brawn were revealed.

Schumacher met old pal Ross Brawn at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this month.

The seven-time Formula One champ is set to spearhead Mercedes Grand Prix - which has bought 75 per cent of Brawn - if Ferrari release him from a consultancy role.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/2740091/Schuey-gets-Buttons-old-job.html#ixzz0XXBeaRFE
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by nazzyon(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2009
Schumacher's spokes woman has replied the rumour saying "It is highly unlikely but never say never".
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by yousouph(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2009
Graham Hill partnering Jim Clark at Lotus in 19680 is the precedent of two immediate champions starting a race. Latest news is that McLaren will be paying Jenson Button half of Hamilton's fees.
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2009
Michael Schumacher signs up for F1 return with Mercedes

Seven-times Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to race for Mercedes next year, BBC Sport understands.

The German, who will be 41 on 3 January, has signed a contract and the deal will be announced imminently.

Schumacher will partner compatriot Nico Rosberg in the team that won the drivers' and constructors' titles in 2009 in its former guise as Brawn.

His spokeswoman Sabine Kehm said she could not make any comment.

The German newspaper Bild is reporting that Schumacher signed a one-year deal and it is likely he will have the option to continue beyond 2010 if his returns goes well.

Schumacher will reportedly earn £6.2m after signing up to reunite with Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn, who masterminded all seven of his titles, the first two with Benetton in 1994-5 and the subsequent five with Ferrari from 2000-4.
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by A40(m): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2009
Hmm the legend is back!! I only wonder if his comeback would be like that of Michael Jordan wearing the No 23 or that of him wearing the No 45
Re: Button Joins Hamilton At Mclaren - Schumacher signs up for F1 by FBS: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2009
And he wants to claim the title? Next F1 season should be real FUN!!!

Michael Schumacher targets eighth Formula 1 title

Michael Schumacher says he intends to crown his Formula 1 comeback by challenging for the 2010 title.

The seven-time champion announced his return for 2010 on Wednesday with Mercedes, the renamed Brawn GP team.

Despite three years out of the sport, he insists he can threaten the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button - the 2008 and 2009 world champions.

"I have won the title seven times and the team won both titles last year, so what do you expect," said the German.

Schumacher, 41 on 3 January, added: "Now Mercedes are team owners you cannot expect anything else other than the world title. That is what we aim for but we have to deliver and that is our job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8429186.stm

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Predicts Doom For Super Eagles / Predict And Win Games: Any Correct Predictions? / Joe Frazier, The First Boxer To Defeat Muhammad Ali Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.