Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice (16597 Views)

Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate / How True Is This About Traders From Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by lumzybo: 7:36am On Dec 26, 2016
But why are we rushing to export when our local markets are not yet saturated?

2 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by idris4r83(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2016
Good
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by passyhansome(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2016
KEBBI IS IT IN NIGERIA? JUST HEARING IT OF IT FOR THE FIRST TIME OR WAS IT CREATED LAST WEEK?

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Okemmuo(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2016
Wahs special bout dah one sef
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by paschal47(m): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2016
checkolatunji:

Tuale
Your boy loyal ooo cheesy cheesy grin cool
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Blaqchild4eva(m): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2016
But the bad economy did not predated the APC government? Make sure your next resolution is better than this out-going year.
Compliment of the season

juman:
The kebbi rice predated this apc government.

Because I can remember that in 2015 the rice farmers in kebbi harvested 800000 tonnes of rice, as reported.

2 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Oti4truth: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Good development. Meanwhile, Happy Boxing Day.

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by excel101(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2016
How did the Nigeriens and Camerounians get into the country, is it through the porous border? And finally are we self sufficient before making exports?
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 26, 2016
Silentscreamer:
Finally, one good thing for nigerians to cheer about during dis sickening recession..
No. The Rice should not be exported noww because Nigerians have not even being able to afford it here for nw.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2016
lumzybo:
But why are we rushing to export when our local markets are not yet saturated?

No one is rushing to export that is globalization for you.Nigerians are all over West Africa. They buy livestock and fruit and so on even beans so if there is demand in other West African countries we can expect that to increase prices here.The solution is not bands to to increase production next season and to invest in strategic storage infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by hotspec(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2016
sbashir10:
may God bless PMB for us,
the slayer of boko Haram
the revival of our dead economy
The president of federal Republic of Nigeria
Can u repeat what u just said?

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by kedeojo(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2016
progress69:

Oh plz..kindly shut up!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with u people?
@ Juman, thank God you said the then government said about harvesting 800,000 metric tonnes in kebbi state cos that was among d many lies they were packaging when actually they knew recession was on caused by their reckless looting. How come we didn't hear d news of this kind dat time cos foriegn rice was everywhere. 2017 will begin d glorious years waiting ahead cos the measures taking by Buhari do painfull will manisfest. There are many rice mill almost completed like Dangote own and many more. Nigeria spend about 70 percent forex on rice importation and if local production like lake rice and co is available, then dollar to naira will crash down.Nigeria will become a real market for rice in africa. Nothing good comes easy and d period of hardship is gone.

4 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by lumzybo: 7:57am On Dec 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
No one is rushing to export that is globalization for you.Nigerians are all over West Africa. They buy livestock and fruit and so on even beans so if there is demand in other West African countries we can expect that to increase prices here.The solution is not bands to to increase production next season and to invest in strategic storage infrastructure

I am not saying it's not good, but first take care of the home first. I'm sure some cabals will take advantage of this again create scarcity hence increased price

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Bgorgeous: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
They have started, they won't let us chop first

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Caseless: 7:58am On Dec 26, 2016
juman:

Because I can remember that in 2015 the rice farmers in kebbi harvested 800000 tonnes of rice, as reported.

sadist!

You allow foreign rice into our market and still believe local farmers will have an advantage over their foreign counterparts.

When it's good, you guys trace the efforts to gej , when it's bad, you start counting genesis from May 29th 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 8:00am On Dec 26, 2016
lumzybo:

I am not saying it's not good, but first take care of the home first. I'm sure some cabals will take advantage of this again create scarcity hence increased price
I am not saying it is good or bad. All I am saying is there is no easy solution. What do you propose.
You cannot solve problems like this overnight it takes years of learning ,planning and investing

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by ogunsj: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2016
juman:

what are you insinuating? you want to rub it of abi? this is how cow reasons. no insult intended. thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2016
kedeojo:
@ Juman, thank God you said the then government said about harvesting 800,000 metric tonnes in kebbi state cos that was among d many lies they were packaging when actually they knew recession was on caused by their reckless looting. How come we didn't hear d news of this kind dat time cos foriegn rice was everywhere. 2017 will begin d glorious years waiting ahead cos the measures taking by Buhari do painfull will manisfest. There are many rice mill almost completed like Dangote own and many more. Nigeria spend about 70 percent forex on rice importation and if local production like lake rice and co is available, then dollar to naira will crash down.Nigeria will become a real market for rice in africa. Nothing good comes easy and d period of hardship is gone.
The rice revolution started with GEJ which I am no fan of.Still the truth must be told ,Adeshina deserves a lot of credit for what we are seeing today. The previous government took a strategic decision and set targets with dates which are still accessible on the internet.They invested in mills and so on and Dangote's involvement started in that government

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by symbianDON(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
The rice revolution started with GEJ which I am no fan of.Still the truth must be told ,Adeshina deserves a lot of credit for what we are seeing today. The previous government took a strategic decision and set targets with dates which are still accessible on the internet.They invested in mills and so on and Dangote's involvement started in that government
government is a continuum....I think we ought to consciously begin to look beyond who started what etc and focus more on the positive strides gained.

4 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by yahmohy27: 8:23am On Dec 26, 2016
rabex123:
We should close our border or ban exportation
. because we cannot import through land borders.. So why should we export. The season is just ending . we should be carefully. There still along way to go.
S let's save for the raining days
In fact BOKOHARAM can even take advantage of that by smuggling in and out at ease.....Kebbi state you need to be extra careful ,may almighty God save us from bad ones among us
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Adestar7: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2016
Welldone Kebbi State. Instead of my people from IPOB and Niger Deltan's to sheathe their sword, embrace peace and collaborate with Northerners for food supply. Abi person fit eat Petrol? i'm a beneficiary of good collaboration of Lagos/Kebbi; Lake rice
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by mohami: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2016
juman:

What is your point? Either way it is Nigerian glory!
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by juman(m): 8:29am On Dec 26, 2016
Thank you jonathan.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2016
symbianDON:

government is a continuum....I think we ought to consciously begin to look beyond who started what etc and focus more on the positive strides gained.
No need to preach at me . There is a time and context to what I wrote in response to the rubbish you wrote now you are talking continuum..I did not write in a vacuum so spare me the hypocrisy claptrap.
Do not tell me how or what to think
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by degamemaster(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2016
Thats how they usually troop out during elections and you will be hearing 'north has so much population' not knowing that some are from neighboring countries. 'Ndi oshi n'acho ego fusa'.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by symbianDON(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
No need to preach at me . There is a time and context to what I wrote in response to the rubbish you wrote now you are talking continuum..I did not write in a vacuum so spare me the hypocrisy claptrap.
Do not tell me how or what to think
I didn't think a gentleman response would have provoked a hail of abusive words! if my contribution offended you, I'm sorry my friend. I wrote what I did in good faith.

2 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 26, 2016
kedeojo:

chukwu gozie gi
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 8:45am On Dec 26, 2016
symbianDON:

I didn't think a gentleman response would have provoked a hail of abusive words! if my contribution offended you, I'm sorry my friend. I wrote what I did in good faith.
I am not interested and I dislike hypocrites and pretenders so Naff off!!
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by rabex123(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2016
yahmohy27:
In fact BOKOHARAM can even take advantage of that by smuggling in and out at ease.....Kebbi state you need to be extra careful ,may almighty God save us from bad ones among us
Amen
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by saobobo80: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2016
Olakunle007:
This is great! But I think we should keep the sales to only Nigeria for the main time. We don't have enough, why selling out?
You are right, increase in demand will surely force the price up. But it will also increase the revenue for the farmers.

1 Like

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Emmahunk(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2016
The so called dullard has once again proved a point. The dream of a Nigeria that exports rice has come to pass. The chains of Thailand (a Country not even as big as Lagos State) on our dear Country has been broken.
Thank you Mr President.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Strengthens, Gains N2 Against Dollar / Fire Razes Wood Market 'Katako' In Jos / Best Places To Buy Tailoring Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.