Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice (16598 Views)

Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate / How True Is This About Traders From Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by hasyak(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2016
lumzybo:
But why are we rushing to export when our local markets are not yet saturated?

Because our currency is under valued sad
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by symbianDON(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am not interested and I dislike hypocrites and pretenders so Naff off!!
and you think I'm interested in your ill-mannered, uncouth and unruly behaviour? I only offered you the earlier post thinking you were a reasonable fellow but of course an ill-bred will always be one...offline and online! I won't even bother myself with honouring you with a response henceforth.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 8:59am On Dec 26, 2016
symbianDON:

and you think I'm interested in your ill-mannered, uncouth and unruly behaviour? I only offered you the earlier post thinking you were a reasonable fellow but of course an ill-bred will always be one...offline and online! I won't even bother myself with honouring you with a response henceforth.
Your mother is ill-bred,bastard!!
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by gracevile: 9:22am On Dec 26, 2016
God bless Nigeria, bless the our able Buhari and all citizens of Nigeria. Weeping and suffering may endure for the night. I can see the approaching of morning
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2016
Olakunle007:
This is great! But I think we should keep the sales to only Nigeria for the main time. We don't have enough, why selling out?
I wonder.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Uzo1975: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2016
Kudos to the governor of Kebbi State and congrats to the people of Kebbi State for increasing rice production to conquer recession. Meanwhile, Okorocha is busy wasting and squandering Imo State's little resources. Can you imagine a governor paying N600,000,000.00 to his blood sister every year for Christmas decorations, while he is cutting workers salaries and pensions to 40% on the false claim that there is no money in the state. Meanwhile he is not making effort to build the state economy by building things that will generate the needed fund. The only way he knows to make money is to make it from his citizens by either cutting their salaries and pensions, or imposing unwarranted levies on them, or turning every state agencies like OCDA, ENTRACO Etc into touting to be harassing people, abusing them and fleecing them of their monies. Imo state has Moribund companies like IMO Standard Shoes Company, Avutu Poultry, Amaraku Power Station. Yet he could not revamp any, let alone building a new one. He is rather erecting structures without any equipment or commercial/government activities in them, while his counterparts in other states are busy producing and exporting agric products in good commercial quantities and others are making effort to generate electricity to compliment and boost production in their states, and others are building world class medical centers to attract medical tourism. All in the bid to conquer recession. Dumb governors who can't engage in useful critical thought are not needed in Nigeria at this time.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2016
What's the rational behind selling rice outside Nigeria were as we don't have enough in circulation?
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by APCmyheart(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2016
Good news and wailing wailers won't like this, Diversification of PMB is yielding results already..
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by BOJO123(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2016
Jafar1:
what about our lake rice
Lake rice = lagos-kebbi rice
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2016
When our importers re jostling to import rice yet we re hearing news of foreigners besiegin our markets to export our local rice. Am I the only seeing a disconnection somewhere?
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2016
snezBaba:
Children of Hate no fit touch the thread cheesy
Chai

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Generalyemi(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2016
snezBaba:
Children of Hate no fit touch the thread cheesy

must u compare yourself with d east... inferiority complex have been your problem..

do your thing make, they do their own
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by ManirBK: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2016
Front page material mynd44 lalasticlala Do the needfull
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by AFEAMOS(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2016
How much are they selling the product now
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by Elhabeeb1(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2016
omowolewa:
They should buy in dollars abeg.
Yeah, I hope our farmers will be sensitize on the need to sell the rice in Dollars to foreigners.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by fikayormie: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
juman:
The kebbi rice predated this apc government.

Because I can remember that in 2015 the rice farmers in kebbi harvested 800000 tonnes of rice, as reported.

But when the economy entered recession due to years of bad management. It was solely buhari's fault shey?.. You people shaa

4 Likes

Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by progress69: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
The rice revolution started with GEJ which I am no fan of.Still the truth must be told ,Adeshina deserves a lot of credit for what we are seeing today. The previous government took a strategic decision and set targets with dates which are still accessible on the internet.They invested in mills and so on and Dangote's involvement started in that government

Stfu u shameless hypocrite
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by omonnakoda: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
progress69:

Stfu u shameless hypocrite
Your mother will STFU permanently.She will not witness the new year ,Bastard!!
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by BlackHummer(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
This is good news. But Nigerians too like rice abeg. Every small thing rice, rice, rice. Atleast switch to potatoe, cocoyam, garden egg etc. to reduce the pressure on rice naa.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by juman(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
fikayormie:

But when the economy entered recession due to years of bad management. It was solely buhari's fault shey?.. You people shaa

He is now the president. He is responsible to make things work well.
Re: Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice by bellyjean(m): 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
This is good news. But to b honest, the glory should not be shared with with past administration.

Yes, GEJ commissioned mills, Adesina gave out rice seedlings blablabla. Abeg make una spare us the details. If they were half as determined and serious about rice as this present administration, we would have stopped importing 'about to expire rice from Brazil and thailand'. Moreso, rice takes about 4 months to harvest. So why should you think GEJ's administration must be applauded?

How do you even think these farmers would be able to compete with cheap imported rice that flooded the country? Do you even know that this rice initiative dates back to obasanjo's regime? Abi you have not heard of fadama projects? Fadama project eventually approved in 2008 by world Bank during Yar adua's time.

I hope our Naija rice hits the markets nationwide soon. My prayer is that this recorded progress will be replicated in other areas that need urgent attention.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Strengthens, Gains N2 Against Dollar / Fire Razes Wood Market 'Katako' In Jos / N65 Charge On Third-party ATM Withdrawals Takes Effect Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.