Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Merry Xmas From Student Union, SUG University Of Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Merry Xmas From Student Union, SUG University Of Nigeria (1362 Views)

FUNAAB Student Union Set To Repair Camp-funaab Road / Uniabuja SUG President “okoye” Suspended For Looting Millions - 9jaflaver / Jamb Reducing Marks From Student Suspected To Have Cheated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merry Xmas From Student Union, SUG University Of Nigeria by Edunews: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
As President of the Students Union, may I offer my warmest wishes for Christmas and the New Year to all Staff and Students of the University Of Nigeria, those who assist them, and the communities that have welcomed them. Christmas is a season of joy and warmth. It is a special time of the year, when so many of us come together with family and friends in a spirit of sharing and celebration. It is an opportunity to revive hope and anticipation, which can encourage us as students.

The story of Bethlehem, of the homeless Joseph and Mary anticipating the birth of their child, is at the heart of this holiday and it invites us to reflect on how we relate to the stranger, the vulnerable in our midst, but most importantly, of the empowering ethic of hospitality.

Christmas is a season of peace, a time to recall all that can be achieved through reflection, forgiveness and reconciliation. In the past year, a special year of commemoration and reflection, we have been reminded of how precious the struggle for our welfare is. As we now face into a new year we are challenged to embrace the new. We need courage to depart from what has not served us well, and we need the inspiration to make new connections with each other and with the society on which we live.

Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Tutu reminded us that 'A person is a person through other people'. This fundamental awareness of the importance of our love for - and dependence on - each other should inform all our plans and actions, and should give us the wisdom to generate new models and new policies that will enable us strengthen our Unity as a Union.

May I, on behalf of the Students of this University, thank the University Administration, Led by Professor Benjamin. C. Ozumba, the Lecturers and Staffs of the Enugu campus of the University as they continue to look out for the well being of the students of our great institution.

My wish is that 2017 will bring our students a bounty of opportunities for flourishing and renewal.

God bless you All! and have a Blissful celebrations

- Comr. Nwankwo Emmanuel (Gentle) GCLR
SUG President,
University Of Nigeria

Re: Merry Xmas From Student Union, SUG University Of Nigeria by Edunews: 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Christmas is a time of joy and celebration, when many of us get to spend time with those we love. In our hectic and stressful academic life , we should cherish these days of peace and calm. Christmas and New year is also a chance to reflect on where we are and how we have progressed as an individual and as a Union.

When our Institution, Education and Welfare is facing so many major challenges both within and outside, now more than ever we need to unite and work together. My hope is that by next Christmas we will be more united as a Family, and can leave the arguments of the past behind us.

Those of us who are fortunate enough to celebrate Christmas with our loved ones should spare a thought for those who are not so lucky.

As a medical student, I want to pay tribute to those working in our emergency services over Christmas: the student doctors and nurses, who devote their lives to serving others.

I also wish to appreciate the Professor Benjamin Ozumba Led University Administration, Lecturers and Staffs who are always there and who give in their all to ensure that we have the best. God bless you all.

After Xmas is the boxing day. If you happen to have an elderly Neighbour who is alone this Christmas, now is the time to pop round and offer some festive cheer.

Finally, I would like us to be mindful that all problems that we face as students can be solved through diplomacy and peaceful negotiations. I trust and believe that we can become stronger as a Union, who put her members welfare first.

I want to wish everybody a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

Together, we Are Stronger!!

- Rt. Hon. Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Deputy Speaker,
Students Union (SUG)
University Of Nigeria
Re: Merry Xmas From Student Union, SUG University Of Nigeria by Edunews: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2016

Re: Merry Xmas From Student Union, SUG University Of Nigeria by Edunews: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Vs Futa : Which One Is Better? / JAMB Launches Support Center To Help Combat Candidates' Complaints / Why Study In Australia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.