Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi (4775 Views)

Biafra: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? By Amanze Obi / The Rise And Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu By Shaka Momodu / Biafra: Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Fynestboi: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO Nnmadi Kanu.
Dear Mr. Nnamdi Kanu,
You might not be able to read this;but I do hope it reaches you somehow. I wanted to tell you how I admire you,especially with the leadership role you are playing in leading the "progressive"Ibo people under the aegis of Indigenous People Of Biafra(IPOB) from the south-east geo-political zone of this country. It requires courage far greater than I could muster.
Also of importance to this letter is about the struggle to rescue this country and find a sustainable solution to our decades long problem emerging from the nooks and crannies of this entity.

102years ago, the Northern and the southern protectorate of Nigeria were amalgamated by the British colonial governor Fredrick Lugard for administrative purposes. Such union had been fought in the past by some of our founding fathers.
Interestly,we've come a long way to preserve and protect the sanctity of our union since 1914. After the indepenence of 1960 from the British government and attaining the status of republic in 1963, the foundation of this union had been tested by numerous challenges such as coup D'etat (bloody&bloodless), regional struggle, civil war,religious bigotry,"chameleon" form of government,recession and recently the movement to restructure the political and economic institution of this nation. Have observed that we've always emerged stronger from these myriad of obstacles.
It is my sincere concern to address the agitation that you are currently been persecuted for, and that is the secession of the south-east from the federation. I identify myself with the plight of the Ibo people since the collapse of the first republic in 1966. But Identifying myself with this plight is not my immediate motive but rather seeing this issue as a Nigeria problem and not the problem of neither the south nor the north.

As a youth who will soon be out from the inside world(university) to the outside world( one sided structure of Nigeria political and economic system),I think the sustainable way for the people of the south-east to attain their desire goal of political and economic success is beyond seceding from the federation. Over the past few weeks have taken my time to engaged my fellow students on wayforward for us as a nation.some are clamoring for the separation of the union, some are agitating for restructuring , while others want a revolution. But have also realized that the composition and the structure of this country is "uniquely different" from any other on this planet.

The way we got our independence is hugely different from the way the US fought the Britain to be free, it differs from how India was independent and it diverge from the way Ghana was independent.
The first step of my approach to a sustainable solution for all of us in this country to once again live the dream of our founding fathers is by mandating the buhari's led federal government to adopt the 2014 confab report. Although, the constitution of members of the confab was not perfect but have rather find there recommendations appealing. There recommendations have taken care of both our age long issues and present day struggle such as fiscal federalism,youth empowerment and participation in government, local and national security,institutional development,social equality among the six-geo political zones, economic development and diversification of the economy, resource control e.t.c. I hope Nigerian youths will get their hands on this document and realize is time to speak up.
Secondly sir, you can use your leverage to awaken the spirit of patriotism and level of consciousness of our teeming youths to ensure the full adoption of this report in collaboration with different stakeholders such as labour unions,civil groups,NANS, religious bodies, ASUU,NASU,NBA,political parties,e.t.c.
Thirdly, the unification of this union and the promotion of our oneness rather than our differences is the source of our strength.
With this peaceful approach,slowly but surely we will bend the trajectory of this country towards social equality, social justice , strong institutions and we shall in the end enjoy the Nigeria of our dream. That does not mean we should not protest about what is wrong but rather we must not fear to protest but we must never protest out of fear just like what happened during the national protest against the removal of fuel subsidy, we almost change the trajectory of this country then, but the rest is history.
I condemn in strong term the plan of the federal government to conduct a secret trial based on the charges brought against you. I solidarize with you and hope our youths will rather be more motivated to stand up for the truth no matter the consequences. Nelson Mandela is a legacy for us just like the way you are now inspiring us towards a "NEW NIGERIA" in the not too distant future. I hope to work with you in realisation of the "NEW NIGERIA" after whatever god you are serving has brought you out safely from your present persecution. A NEW NIGERIA where no matter the region you came from you can attain whatever you desire,a NEW NIGERIA where institutions will be stronger than individuals not even the president and a NEW NIGERIA where there is massive investment in our infrastructures,education,social security,economy,health sector.e.t.c. Just like the statement made by the late chief obafemi awolowo while also going through your present situation, he said "there will be light after the tunnel".
May the peace and hope that comes with the birth of our lord Jesus Christ be your portion and strengthen you in your current plight. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.
Yours Sincerely,
JEGEDE ABAYOMI S.,
Department of Management & Accounting,
Part 4,
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife,
Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Costello559(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Their matter.... Merry Christmas allllllll....
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by MrAdetunjiBayo: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
The truth about we yoruba is that we pray every night and day that Kanu abandons Biafra so that the status quo of taking resources from the Bight of Biafra to feed our hungry fathers in Oshogbo will remain. Kanu has exposed so many truths about this country that makes our skulls uncomfortable.

After shouting 'kanu and beans' 200 times and swearing 500 times by oduduwa that kanu will start singing national anthem by now (like we janus-faced yoruba would have done), all to no avail. We are now writing 'Please Kanu' letters so that he can avert the impending hunger that #Biafraexit will bring to our parent under brown roofs in oshogbo and ogbomosho. grin

We are tired of shouting 'kuje and beans' and threatening IPOB. Kanu please consider our hungry fathers and hate Biafra while embracing 'one nigeria'. grin grin

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by cheruv: 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jegede Abayom undecided

Kam bia godu angry

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by 0xtr169r: 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
“I will address this court! You cannot be killing my people and tell me that you will make me have a secret trial. That won’t happen! The president can intimidate the judges, but he cannot do that to me. Tell him he has lied,”
- NK, Dec 22, 2016

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by DevilhimseIf: 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
afonja wey get sense

nice write up

but i wonder if the abokiis like the illiterate terrorist vagabond kunu drinking bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado mumuharii will allow that so mr jegede we're done with Nigeria
biafra is the answer our heros shall never die for nothing
those killed by this useless Buharian army shall never die in vain.

we'll give people like you who believe in self determination free pass on biafraland any day.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Trut(m): 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Make I read finish before I go comment
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hmm
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by caleboxylic: 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Fynestboi:
AN OPEN LETTER TO Nnmadi Kanu.
Dear Mr. Nnamdi Kanu,
You might not be able to read this;but I do hope it reaches you somehow. I wanted to tell you how I admire you,especially with the leadership role you are playing in leading the "progressive"Ibo people under the aegis of Indigenous People Of Biafra(IPOB) from the south-east geo-political zone of this country. It requires courage far greater than I could muster.

Also of importance to this letter is about the struggle to rescue this country and find a sustainable solution to our decades long problem emerging from the nooks and crannies of this entity.

102years ago, the Northern and the southern protectorate of Nigeria were amalgamated by the British colonial governor Fredrick Lugard for administrative purposes. Such union had been fought in the past by some of our founding fathers.
Interestly,we've come a long way to preserve and protect the sanctity of our union since 1914. After the indepenence of 1960 from the British government and attaining the status of republic in 1963, the foundation of this union had been tested by numerous challenges such as coup D'etat (bloody&bloodless), regional struggle, civil war,religious bigotry,"chameleon" form of government,recession and recently the movement to restructure the political and economic institution of this nation. Have observed that we've always emerged stronger from these myriad of obstacles.
It is my sincere concern to address the agitation that you are currently been persecuted for, and that is the secession of the south-east from the federation. I identify myself with the plight of the Ibo people since the collapse of the first republic in 1966. But Identifying myself with this plight is not my immediate motive but rather seeing this issue as a Nigeria problem and not the problem of neither the south nor the north.

As a youth who will soon be out from the inside world(university) to the outside world( one sided structure of Nigeria political and economic system),I think the sustainable way for the people of the south-east to attain their desire goal of political and economic success is beyond seceding from the federation. Over the past few weeks have taken my time to engaged my fellow students on wayforward for us as a nation.some are clamoring for the separation of the union, some are agitating for restructuring , while others want a revolution. But have also realized that the composition and the structure of this country is "uniquely different" from any other on this planet.

The way we got our independence is hugely different from the way the US fought the Britain to be free, it differs from how India was independent and it diverge from the way Ghana was independent.
The first step of my approach to a sustainable solution for all of us in this country to once again live the dream of our founding fathers is by mandating the buhari's led federal government to adopt the 2014 confab report. Although, the constitution of members of the confab was not perfect but have rather find there recommendations appealing. There recommendations have taken care of both our age long issues and present day struggle such as fiscal federalism,youth empowerment and participation in government, local and national security,institutional development,social equality among the six-geo political zones, economic development and diversification of the economy, resource control e.t.c. I hope Nigerian youths will get their hands on this document and realize is time to speak up.
Secondly sir, you can use your leverage to awaken the spirit of patriotism and level of consciousness of our teeming youths to ensure the full adoption of this report in collaboration with different stakeholders such as labour unions,civil groups,NANS, religious bodies, ASUU,NASU,NBA,political parties,e.t.c.
Thirdly, the unification of this union and the promotion of our oneness rather than our differences is the source of our strength.
With this peaceful approach,slowly but surely we will bend the trajectory of this country towards social equality, social justice , strong institutions and we shall in the end enjoy the Nigeria of our dream. That does not mean we should not protest about what is wrong but rather we must not fear to protest but we must never protest out of fear just like what happened during the national protest against the removal of fuel subsidy, we almost change the trajectory of this country then, but the rest is history.
I condemn in strong term the plan of the federal government to conduct a secret trial based on the charges brought against you. I solidarize with you and hope our youths will rather be more motivated to stand up for the truth no matter the consequences. Nelson Mandela is a legacy for us just like the way you are now inspiring us towards a "NEW NIGERIA" in the not too distant future. I hope to work with you in realisation of the "NEW NIGERIA" after whatever god you are serving has brought you out safely from your present persecution. A NEW NIGERIA where no matter the region you came from you can attain whatever you desire,a NEW NIGERIA where institutions will be stronger than individuals not even the president and a NEW NIGERIA where there is massive investment in our infrastructures,education,social security,economy,health sector.e.t.c. Just like the statement made by the late chief obafemi awolowo while also going through your present situation, he said "there will be light after the tunnel".
May the peace and hope that comes with the birth of our lord Jesus Christ be your portion and strengthen you in your current plight. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.
Yours Sincerely,
JEGEDE ABAYOMI S.,
Part 4,
Ile-Ife,
Nigeria.

Thats a good one but Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB have told the world what they stand for which is the Restoration of Biafra.
The west and north are free to build whatever they want without the eastners. Build country of your dream with northerners and leave easterners out of That country ok. May be ikwerre, urhobo, ijaw.itshekiri,oron and edo Will join You in building your dream country. If ever reliable efik, ogoja, ibibio and anang agree to join you, good luck. Whatever You are dreaming of exclude Igbo nation pls.

1. Culturally, I have nothing in common with westerners and northerners except Igala and Idoma.
2. We are republicans while You are not.
3. Our religion is different.
0xtr169r:
“I will address this court! You cannot be killing my people and tell me that you will make me have a secret trial. That won’t happen! The president can intimidate the judges, but he cannot do that to me. Tell him he has lied,”
- NK, Dec 22, 2016

30 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Zeedarh(f): 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
JAS ooo
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
Fynestboi:
[s]AN OPEN LETTER TO Nnmadi Kanu.
Dear Mr. Nnamdi Kanu,

Yours Sincerely,
JEGEDE ABAYOMI S.,
Part 4,
Ile-Ife,
Nigeria.
0703009009[/s]

Afonja...started the article by dividing Biafraans. Calling it SE region and Ibo affair. Somebody should sound a trumpet to this divisive and deceptive people that Biafraa map cut across all SE and SS minus Edo. We won't leave any of our brethren as we leave from Ijaws to Isoko, to Ibibio, to Igede, to Annang, to Eket, to Idoma, to Igala, to Igbo. It's Christmas day, you assume it's a day to rest and enjoy with your family, instead Afonjas have been writing epistles from left to right, you wonder why are these people so obsessed with Biafrra? What are they afraid of?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by MrAdetunjiBayo: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
grin undecided tongue
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Koleman(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Them don get wifi for prison too?
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Anago5000: 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:
The truth about we yoruba is that we pray every night and day that Kanu abandons Biafra so that the status quo of taking resources from the Bight of Biafra to feed our hungry fathers in Oshogbo will remain. Kanu has exposed so many truths about this country that makes our skulls uncomfortable.

After shouting 'kanu and beans' 200 times and swearing 500 times by oduduwa that kanu will start singing national anthem by now (like we janus-faced yoruba would have done), all to no avail. We are now writing 'Please Kanu' letters so that he can avert the impending hunger that #Biafraexit will bring to our parent under brown roofs in oshogbo and ogbomosho. grin

We are tired of shouting 'kuje and beans' and threatening IPOB. Kanu please consider our hungry fathers and hate Biafra while embracing 'one nigeria'. grin grin
this ur people called afonjas are evi.l.it really sucks to be yorugba now.just negodu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Noneroone(m): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Some people are now changing tones and getting more realistic. The issue of restructuring is late at this stage. That will be the last deserate attempt by the hausa fulani owned federal govt to stall the growing movement. But it will spur agitators to go for full result since half is possible. It also prove Nigeria as oppressors. I mean you claim Biafran agitator are misguided miscreants and children who have no case and at the same time granting them political concession.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:

Nawa ooo, but why are u guys like this?. U people should be thinking about Oduduwa republic rather than being afraid of Biafraexit, think it would b better

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Stingman: 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
OP, the Yoruba youths should state a movement to support what Kanu is fighting for? They shouldn't by standing on the fence allowing other people to fight their battles for them, as usual...for your NEW NIGERIA...That way people will take the afonja youths...serious....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by caleboxylic: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
caleboxylic:
[/quote]
Dont mind them. Restructuring That they rejected in 1966(Aburri) That led to the death of 3-6million biafrans.
No problem, they Will pay dearly for That killing. Gowon Will not die for now because God wants him to ses the Sun Rising.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by cupidFlint(m): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Now they've changed tune. Quite funny. Long live NK Long live Biafra

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by advocate666: 10:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Why these people keep mentioning Kanu and Igbos in their delusions of one nigeria project beats me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by mobaking: 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Anybody that wants to leave Naija is free,its only slaves that need the consent of their masters to be free.Do the needful,pack ur belongings and go back to Ur land as the Jews did in the 1800's leading to the state of Isreal in 1948.All these bia-bia noise is boring.God's speed in Ur biafran quest.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by najoke: 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:
[s]The truth about we yoruba is that we pray every night and day that Kanu abandons Biafra so that the status quo of taking resources from the Bight of Biafra to feed our hungry i in Oshogbo will remain. Kanu has exposed so many truths about this country that makes our skulls uncomfortable.

We are tired of shouting 'kuje and beans' and threatening IPOB. Kanu please consider our hungry fathers and hate Biafra while embracing 'one nigeria'. grin grin[/s]
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:

I am not a yoruba but i know that today is the first time this year that Nnamdi hasn't been served Kuje watery beans. As from tomorrow his diet reverts back to the normal routine grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by omofunaab(m): 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Stingman:
OP, the Yoruba youths should state a movement to support what Kanu is fighting for? They shouldn't by standing on the fence allowing other people to fight their battles for them, as usual...for your NEW NIGERIA...That way people will take the afonja youths...serious....

Wole Soyinka that went to prison because he was supporting biafra during the civil war, didn't you guys abuse him recently . So after seeing what you guys did to wole Soyinka, why then should any reasonable yoruba be on the streets protesting on your behalf
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Noblecx: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
These afonja miscreants are really confused but will be the first to accuse others of being confused.
What an irony!?!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by 0xtr169r: 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
[s]
omofunaab:

Wole Soyinka that went to prison because he was supporting biafra during the civil war, didn't you guys abuse him recently . So after seeing what you guys did to wole Soyinka, why then should any reasonable yoruba be on the streets protesting on your behalf
[/s]

Silly rants of delusion and frustrations...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by omofunaab(m): 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
0xtr169r:
[s][/s]

Silly rants of delusion and frustrations...

I don't expect anything less from you
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by 0xtr169r: 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
omofunaab:

Do I care if you smash your oblong conehead against the nearest brickwall at the mere thought of NK, IPOB or Biafra? I don't...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by Noblecx: 11:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
omofunaab:

Oga is obvious you don't have anything to offer...
Why not take a walk than gasping for empty breath like a sinking legacy ship.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi by omofunaab(m): 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
Noblecx:

Oga is obvious you don't have anything to offer...
Why not take a walk than gasping for empty breath like a sinking legacy ship.

Eastactivist, how Christmas?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Igbo Man Who Attends Church Pastored By Yoruba Is An slowpoke -nnamdi Kanu / Who Noticed What NTA Did While Gov. Wike Was Speaking At Etche LGA / Kidnappers Free Soludo's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.