Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar (9275 Views)

When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / Exchange Rates: Naira Improves To N460 To The Dollar / Naira Improves On Parallel Market, Sells At N501/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by chigoizie7(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2016
Nonsense,

Do u call this improvement?
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by drizzit(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2016
Let's rejoice and beat drums of joy!. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by mccoy47(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Improves ??

I'm sitting here praying for $1 to exchange for 900 naira

Buhari has been good to me

You biafrans sometimes just make me sick!
You sit on ur cane chair praying for Nigeria yo crash yet u would be the person to wail of how hard nigeria is!
Tueh!
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Martinola(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2016
Oluwa seun

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Omeokachie: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2016
Is this an attempt to make us forget that it exchanged for N210-$1 at the time Buhari took over power less than 2yrs ago?

I refuse to celebrate mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Hassan080196(m): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
the destiny of this country died the day jonathan left power...

The bad thing to has ever happened to this country was when Jonathan ruled over us. A very senseless and clueless man. Ole theif man.

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2016
were is the improvement?

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by grandstar(m): 7:18am On Dec 26, 2016
psucc:
This is a nice improvement.

I hope it meets the target of N500/$ by 31st Dec 2016.

The Christmas rush is over. It won't.

Next year however, if things continue like u his, it may touch 700

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:19am On Dec 26, 2016
Hassan080196:

The bad thing to has ever happened to this country was when Jonathan ruled over us. A very senseless and clueless man. Ole theif man.
and what is happening now that a saint is ruling us?

adeke

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by africanusvu(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2016
Truth234:
The Nigerian Naira improved against the US dollar at the parallel market during the Christmas celebration as businesses wind down on their demands for the greenback.

The local currency appreciated from N492 it traded on Wednesday to N485 on Friday.

The dollar scarcity continued to weigh on the Naira value as businesses and investors were unable to create enough jobs to meet the growing Nigeria population, leading to over 1.7 million jobs lost in the last 9 months, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

Foreign exchange experts have said the continuous dip in the Naira value is as a result of limited forex liquidity in most segments of the foreign exchange market.

While a few analysts have projected an improvement in the nation economic situation in 2017, following OPEC successful production cut consensus.

A foreign exchange research analyst at Investors King, Samed Olukoya has said, “The nation may not fully benefit from the surge in global oil prices if it fails to curb the persistent attack on its oil facilities and get its output to 2.2mbpd as stipulated in its proposed 2017 budget.”

“Currently, oil output stood at 1.7mbpd after reaching as low as 1.4mbpd in August. The country has not produced at 2.2mbpd since the militant commence attacks on the nation oil facilities 7 months ago, this puts the feasibility of 2.2mbpd in 2017 in question,” he added.

http://investorsking.com/naira-improves-n485-us-dollar/
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by jericco1(m): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2016
this is not even the official rate. abeg seun this black market value should stop making the front page. :
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by slimim101(m): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2016
I make believe that we will surely get out from this mess one day, and I tell you categorically that is this same Buhari government that will bring back our lost glory.. I'll implore us all to atleast say something good bout our dear country and appreciate a little development the government is achieving. Let make this country great and stop saying ill statements about our country because this we are experiencing is not what happened yesterday.. It'll take time but I surely believe we will overcome this..
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by slimim101(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2016
jericco1:
this is not even the official rate. abeg seun this black market value should stop making the front page. :
What's the current official rate please. And how much is blackmarket.
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by jericco1(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2016
slimim101:

What's the current official rate please. And how much is blackmarket.
304.25 to a dollar
the black market rate is what the op posted
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by truthspeaks: 7:46am On Dec 26, 2016
See hw sarrki, madridguy n hungerbad go take hail am
Chimezie198:
lol @improvement... chai
pikin wey dey carry 36 out of 36 for class
come take 35 out of 36, shey na 'improves' too?
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Truth234(m): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2016
jericco1:

304.25 to a dollar
the black market rate is what the op posted

That is not official rate, learn the differences between parallel market/black market (N485), BDCs (N399, CBN stipulated) and Interbank market (305.25).

The parallel market contributed the most to the economy, hence, its relevance.
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Silvereze(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2016
So N485 to a $1 is improvement abi. I pity this country
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Addicted2Women: 7:57am On Dec 26, 2016
mccoy47:

You biafrans sometimes just make me sick!
You sit on ur cane chair praying for Nigeria yo crash yet u would be the person to wail of how hard nigeria is!
Tueh!

You see how dumb you Afonjas can be

First of all I'm not from the east

Secondly, i don't live in Nigeria, how do you think i would be affected by the hardship in Nigeria ??

Have you swallowed your daily dosage of Amala and Ewedu today ??
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by 2shur: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2016
now my clients are no more westeeing

baba God pls abeg make a dollar exchange to 2000 naira pls
Addicted2Women:

Improves ??

I'm sitting here praying for $1 to exchange for 900 naira

Buhari has been good to me
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by psucc(m): 8:23am On Dec 26, 2016
karid:
when u start thinking of how to export locally made good
And this is the lie you people continue to churn out.

When the govt bans even the importation of raw materials that it cannot produce locally or place so much restrictions on it, what did it hope?

When the refused to grant subsidy to the agric sector or provide agric input yet ban importation from other countries, what were your thinking?

Sit and watch things set themselves?
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 26, 2016
Wow! Oya buhari clap for yaself for the dumb improvement!
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by mccoy47(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Addicted2Women:

You see how dumb you Afonjas can be

First of all I'm not from the east

Secondly, i don't live in Nigeria, how do you think i would be affected by the hardship in Nigeria ??

Have you swallowed your daily dosage of Amala and Ewedu today ??

I don't have to be an "afonja" to say the truth!

FYI I am igbo. Osisoma ngwa to be precise!
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by dhevid(m): 10:10am On Dec 26, 2016
Wow!! Amazing!! Wonderful!

$1 to #485 is an improvement, when this government got into office it was $1 to $200

Wow, great improvement
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by adedayo3193(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2016
psucc:
This is a nice improvement.

I hope it meets the target of N500/$ by 31st Dec 2016.

Sarcasm ryt?
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by kokoboy4life(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Good day to you, to tell you the truth our problems won't stop if we are saying good things about the country why can't you ask the government a critical question what's their plan to make this country great.
To be blunt I think we the masses need to take radical steps against the so called Government that don't have the interests of the commoners at heart. Nigeria problems will be over if we the commoners ready to fight for our rights.

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by akiobamidele(m): 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
I don't think exporting of goods alone will get us to "the promised land". Some countries actually make money from imports. Take a look at UAE where Dubai is located and tell me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by arabianights: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
EastGold:
What a great improvement.

Buhari don spoil this country, walahi I am scared of 2017
you are too far. Am scared of next week

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by arabianights: 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
adedayo3193:

Sarcasm ryt?
leave the *smart * one.pepple assume everything na joke

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by danigbo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
You be exporter ?

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by myfemi2002(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Truth234:
The Nigerian Naira improved against the US dollar at the parallel market during the Christmas celebration as businesses wind down on their demands for the greenback.

The local currency appreciated from N492 it traded on Wednesday to N485 on Friday.

The dollar scarcity continued to weigh on the Naira value as businesses and investors were unable to create enough jobs to meet the growing Nigeria population, leading to over 1.7 million jobs lost in the last 9 months, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

Foreign exchange experts have said the continuous dip in the Naira value is as a result of limited forex liquidity in most segments of the foreign exchange market.

While a few analysts have projected an improvement in the nation economic situation in 2017, following OPEC successful production cut consensus.

A foreign exchange research analyst at Investors King, Samed Olukoya has said, “The nation may not fully benefit from the surge in global oil prices if it fails to curb the persistent attack on its oil facilities and get its output to 2.2mbpd as stipulated in its proposed 2017 budget.”

“Currently, oil output stood at 1.7mbpd after reaching as low as 1.4mbpd in August. The country has not produced at 2.2mbpd since the militant commence attacks on the nation oil facilities 7 months ago, this puts the feasibility of 2.2mbpd in 2017 in question,” he added.

http://investorsking.com/naira-improves-n485-us-dollar/
Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by Just30: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nigeria GDP in dollar terms is around 180 billions

1 Like

Re: Naira Improves To N485 Against US Dollar by akiobamidele(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nah! I ain't an exporter. I just said it because people usually point accusing fingers on importation as one of the causes of our economic downturn. It can also be used for our benefit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

23 Super Tips To Get The Kind Of Results You Want In Freelancing / Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? / Bitter Kola/ginger Buyers In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.