Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! (68716 Views)

Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa / Ayoola Oluwakemi Is Best African Female Postgraduate Student In China (Photo) / UNILAG Lecturer Stabs Postgraduate Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by babyfaceafrica: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Kirinwa:
Between UI and Unizik, which of them is better for PG studies?

Things to consider are

Finance?
How fair, supportive and honest are the lecturers?
How equipped are their libraries?
Do their students finish on time?
Do they absorb their bright students after graduation?

etc

I don't know for unizik รณ, for ui

Finances... Affordable

Lecturers.. Very fair and honest (most of them)

Kenneth Dike library is okay each dept has its own pg library

Ui na 2 years(unless village people is involved)

Forget absorbtion abeg, students full ground wey dem never absorb, am talking of first class and PhD grade students.. Just do your thing and move on
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Kirinwa: 10:33am On Dec 15, 2019
Elthugnificent:
Such an interesting thread, too bad someone has obviously threaten the op; he is only trying to do damage control at this moment.

Nawa sha, you allow your lecturers to frustrate for nairaland join.

embarassed Na waoh.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Kirinwa: 10:47am On Dec 15, 2019
Elthugnificent:

I hope the op is not victimise though, and as regards postgraduate studies I believe that your blueprint is the best time to run the program.

But you know a good percentage of nigerians go for PG studies due to lack of employment, just to increase their hope of getting a job.

Some are underpaid.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by castrol180(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
efficiencie:

No! I was invited for a tea party!!! grin

Can you assist in analysing a research work...I am presently in UNILAG. Your location?
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by fergie001: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2019
Kirinwa:
Between UI and Unizik, which of them is better for PG studies?

Things to consider are

Finance?
How fair, supportive and honest are the lecturers?
How equipped are their libraries?
Do their students finish on time?
Do they absorb their bright students after graduation?

etc

Go to UI...
WhenI I applied for MSc, I did for both schools you mentioned and got it....but UI is miles ahead of unizik in everything;
I have colleagues who went to NAU, same time and stayed there a year or so, after I was long gone with higher fees ooooo.
In terms of absorption, my brother forget, in UI...depending on the department if you finish excitingly well and register for PhD immediately.... Then perhaps do two years+, it's not even a guarantee.

Get the MSc first bro....

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Kirinwa: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2019
fergie001:

Go to UI...
WhenI I applied for MSc, I did for both schools you mentioned and got it....but UI is miles ahead of unizik in everything;
I have colleagues who went to NAU, same time and stayed there a year or so, after I was long gone with higher fees ooooo.
In terms of absorption, my brother forget, in UI...depending on the department if you finish excitingly well and register for PhD immediately.... Then perhaps do two years+, it's not even a guarantee.

Get the MSc first bro....

What are the levels of defense in masters at ui and how can one ace his thesis. God bless you sir.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by fergie001: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2019
Kirinwa:

What are the levels of defense in masters at ui and how can one ace his thesis. God bless you sir.
It's department and supervisor-dependent.

For your thesis, start on time and be a friend to your Supervisor (very very important). Course work takes approximately 12-15 months (averagely), and overall 18-20months, if there are no strikes or distractions.

I must confess that some departments na wahala, some are just not stressful.

Your proposal, seminar, internal, external.

Seminar is usually Dec same year, at most (if I can remember)

Internal is like 2 or 3 weeks before the external (usually Feb/early mar)
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Kirinwa: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2019
fergie001:

It's department and supervisor-dependent.

For your thesis, start on time ans be a friend to your Supervisor (very very important). Course work takes approximately 12-15 months (averagely), and overall 18-20months, if there are no strikes or distractions.

I must confess that some departments na wahala, some are just not stressful.

Your proposal, seminar, internal, external.

Seminar is usually Dec same year, at most (if I can remember)

Internal is like 2 or 3 weeks before the external (usually Feb/early mar)

How does wes verification work?
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by fergie001: 9:39am On Dec 29, 2019
Kirinwa:

How does wes verification work?
That's for foreign studies....
Your certificates are verified from where you had your degrees back home..

I think the Canada thread on NL here is doing big Justice on that.....https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/verification-status/
this might help also.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by efficiencie(m): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
castrol180:

Can you assist in analysing a research work...I am presently in UNILAG. Your location?

Send the details of the research and what exactly you would need me to do to my email address: saltdataanalytics@gmail.com
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Gabs7(m): 7:10am On Dec 30, 2019
Please anyone with info on FUTO? I am interested in running an M.Sc in FUTO.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by fergie001: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2019
Gabs7:
Please anyone with info on FUTO? I am interested in running an M.Sc in FUTO.
I have friends who ran their msc in FUTO.....

I don't know your department,......make sure you are working because you will be there for a long time.....averagely 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Gabs7(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
fergie001:

I have friends who ran their msc in FUTO.....

I don't know your department,......make sure you are working because you will be there for a long time.....averagely 4 years.

Quite frightening to hear from such experiences that it can take that long.

But ultimately, everything can be surmounted.

My department is mechanical engineering though.

Thanks for the reply Bro.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by fergie001: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
Gabs7:

Quite frightening to hear from such experiences that it can take that long.

But ultimately, everything can be surmounted.

My department is mechanical engineering though.

Thanks for the reply Bro.
Uwc......
I know precisely from Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Departments.

Infact, most of their lecturers in EEE running their PhDs in same school, spent as much as 7years or more on the average.

Tbh, PG education thrives more in the SW and North.....
It's difficult to run concurrent programmes there and break even on time.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by macAB: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
kempreze:
If madness carry u come UNIZIK precisely MPH, then prepare ur mind for 8- 10yrs if u r a serious student. If u r d unserious type just knw dat u'll drop out. they manage to graduate 2(at most 3) students every 5 or 6yrs.
Be wise!!!!
Savage bro

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by afolabi4life(m): 12:22am On Mar 23, 2020
I about rounding off my M.Eng Computer Hardware Engineering program at University of Uyo Akwa-Ibom State.
I have a PGD, HND and ND in Computer Engineering from Covenant University and Rufus Giwa Polytechnic formally Ondo state polytechnic.

Does Michael Opara University Umudike offer a PhD in Computer Hardware Engineering?
How fast are their post graduate academic programs?
Thanks
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by fergie001: 7:23am On Mar 23, 2020
afolabi4life:
I about rounding off my M.Eng Computer Hardware Engineering program at University of Uyo Akwa-Ibom State.
I have a PGD, HND and ND in Computer Engineering from Covenant University and Rufus Giwa Polytechnic formally Ondo state polytechnic.

Does Michael Opara University Umudike offer a PhD in Computer Hardware Engineering?
How fast are their post graduate academic programs?
Thanks
No, they don't.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Hussmanov: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2020
Good morning
please what are the requirements for MSc in science education Biology edu precisely
what are the things to read to get prepared for Msc in education exam ...
both Unilorin and Unilag
God bless u as I await your helpful replies
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by emanjayz(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
For UNILAG MSC. qualifying past questions in Facility Management (Part Time Options) PAST QUESTIONS FROM 2010 TILL 2019.....pls do call or Whatapp Emma on 07062295199. @2.5K Softcopies .....Grab yours now and starts preparing....Forms will be sold immediately after this Lockdown.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by hoppcee: 2:12pm On May 29, 2020
I think we should create a Whatsapp group for those who intend to further for a PhD programme in a federal school in Nigeria. Let's share information that will facilitate the application process. Those interested should send "Add me for PHD" to this number 08162911871 on Whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Admitwithschola: 4:15pm On May 29, 2020
For those interested in finance, economics and business graduate school (for PhD), see this https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3589832. Download it.

The link above is a sample of what our RAs do. If you're interested in becoming an RA, send us an email.

Getting an RA opportunity, in addition to at least a good academic performance and of course at least a good GRE, can increase the odds of getting into the school and programme of your dreams. We have sent our best RAs to some decent or even very good programmes to further their studies.
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by neahyo(m): 8:10pm On May 29, 2020
Admitwithschola:
For those interested in finance, economics and business graduate school (for PhD), see this https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3589832. Download it.

The link above is a sample of what our RAs do. If you're interested in becoming an RA, send us an email.

Getting an RA opportunity, in addition to at least a good academic performance and of course at least a good GRE, can increase the odds of getting into the school and programme of your dreams. We have sent our best RAs to some decent or even very good programmes to further their studies.

Boss, it's been a while you posted on this forum I assumed you were banned.
Besides, can I work part time as a RA?
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by Ayammawa(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Plz help me out.
I have HND certificate in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with lower credit, and I want apply for PGD Engineering. My question is that:
Is this part time studies or full time?
What are the days of lectures?
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by iamfertile(f): 2:31pm On May 12, 2022
Hello. Is there anyone still on this thread
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by AmaUwana(f): 1:16am On Aug 25, 2022
Pls Millie any tip on how I can get the erasmusdas scholarship?
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! by greenermodels: 12:42pm On Jan 08
dangotesmummy:
LMao. They're not saints o. Some of these girls too get their own for body.some girls actually like the idea of dating lecturers.it makes them feel yes my manfriend is a lecturer. Some actually lust over their lecturer and some girls like office sex in the evening in the lecturers office. The lecturer will just close all the doors Windows and curtain and then on the a.c and do quickie in the office meanwhile his wife and children's picture are on the table where they're fokeen the girl

There was one of the lecturers back then that used to disgust me.anytime I see him I always felt irritated because when he finish fokeen a girl in his office you will see semen stains on his trousers very close to his zip.no woman he cannot toast.if he see mad woman He will toast her
you really understand the system, lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2 Lesbians Caught At Redeemers University / Mbang Confidence Campaigns For SUG Elections In UNICAL With Free Football Views / Photo: See How A Principal Decided To Solve Exam Malpractice In His School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.