Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) (45162 Views)

Enugu Law School Student Dies Of Cardiac Arrest While Jogging(Disturbing Photos) / Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) / All You Need To Know About Sudden Cardiac Arrest That Causes Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Burgerlomo: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
These Heimlich maneuver or Abdominal thrusts are for chocking victims, you guys should please do more research on Google or YouTube on how to properly do it, and also the CPR too.

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by fxjohn2: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
RetroBoy:

A person suffering from a myocardial infarction (heart attack) should be sat up in the upright position and taken ASAP to a hospital. Any local or home-based therapy is not likely to be beneficial

Breathing in out very fast through the mouth is certainly recommended for those who notice that a heart attack or angina is about to happen
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Totti9(m): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
i'm having all put together what shall i do
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Ehinmola(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
Informative though, however expanciate on the remedy,
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by onos217(m): 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
GGirll:
Eat more of vegetables, take enough water and avoid excess oil intake that has high cholesterol, eat less of eggs at least one egg in a week, workout, rest when tired, sleep @ 8 hours, avoid sugary fod like ice-creams etc,instead of canned juices or drinks buy raw fruits and eat especially water melon, spinach,cucumber,pawpaw,oranges etc, eat balanced diet and do routine check up on your BMI, sugar level check cholesterol level check and live right especially having Jesus as your best friend.

I have a friend with short breath. He hardly play football for five minutes before panting like someone who has been running for hours.As a result,he has to rest for a while before coming back to play again.
What could be the problem and possible solutions?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Paruz1015(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
chrisxxx:
In all do 30 Chest compressions followed by 2 mouth breaths as a means of resuscitation.

No compressions in stroke
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by ifitistrue: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
adebayo201:
Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest and Stroke are three heart defects that can affect anybody especially those in mid-thirsty upward.

The picture below, shows the symptoms of these different heart diseases.

Doctors in the house, what sayth thee
what are the preventive measures to be a applied.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by rodimus(m): 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
This is most ridiculous!!!! You need to do proper research before you post things like this......cardiac arrest means your heart stopped pumping for whatever reason,heart attack is common word for angio-coronary syndrome of which myocardial infarction is the most severe. Stroke on the other hand has no direct relation to the heart,it is essentially a brain issue.
However,heart attack and stroke are both vaso-occlusive events where a blood clot blocks an artery suppling the brain or heart thereby causing the symptoms you see in the respective organs. This can also happen to the lungs (pulmonary embolism) gastrointestinal tract and legs (deep vein thrombosis).
So essentially,heart attack,stroke (the thrombo-embolic one),intestinal ischaemia,pulmonary embolism and DVT are all vascular issues caused by clots blocking blood vessels in the organs.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by RetroBoy: 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
fxjohn2:

Breathing in out very fast through the mouth is certainly recommended for those who notice that a heart attack or angina is about to happen
How does that help?
Can you explain?
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Paruz1015(m): 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
fxjohn2:

Once a person complains of symptoms of sharp pain around the chest,some radiating to the back or arm, shortness of breath these are symptoms of heart attack. The person should be taken to the hospital immediately for care. If the person has previous history of heart attack ask for the medication from the person, some patient has prescribed medications such nitroglycerin(spray) give a dose to the patient to relieve the pain and move the patient immediately to a general hospital . For professionals like the paramedic they give oxygen, nitro, morphine, aspirin for on scene management
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by uvalued(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
adebayo201:
Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest and Stroke are three heart defects that can affect anybody especially those in mid-thirsty upward.

The picture below, shows the symptoms of these different heart diseases.

Doctors in the house, what sayth thee

nice summary will share on my MARKbook page
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Paruz1015(m): 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
Burgerlomo:
These Heimlich maneuver or Abdominal thrusts are for chocking victims, you guys should please do more research on Google or YouTube on how to properly do it, and also the CPR too.

Heimlich maneuver or Abdominal thrust, is a life saving procedure done on someone who's airway (pharynx,larynx,trachea) is blocked by a foreign object e.g piece of meat, children toys, piece of food etc. Any one can choke on something be it meat, Food etc. The universal choking sign is when someone that is been choked place his or her two hands holding the neck so always watch out, don't allow any piece of toy lying around that your child can easily swallow.

Procedure

Stand firm at the back of the person with one leg stretch out for firm stance and the other leg placed in between the person's legs (this is done to avoid falling backwards with the patient) wrap your hands around the patient abdominal region, make a fist on one hand place it between the chest and the navel use the other hand to cover your fist while using force push backwards and upwards till the foreign object leaves. For infants and neonate back slaps and chest compressions are done

CPR ( cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
A life saving skill done for someone undergoing cardiac arrest. It mechanically pumps blood from the heart to the important organs and the entire body

For Adults experiencing cardiac arrest you give 30 chest compressions two breath (mouth to mouth) for chest compressions push hard and fast

For children BTW ages 5 to 1 use one hard 15 to 2
For infants use two fingers for compressions 3 comp to 1 breath

Everyone should take a Basic life support class (BLS)
Thanks
Paramedic Darlington

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by jaiyefavour: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
op thief this thing we see for Instagram
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:48am On Dec 27, 2016
how can I forgot what killed my dad
causes of death as said by hospital
a) myocardial infarction
b) coronary artery atheroma and thrombosis.

since then I have been a work out lover, make the same thing no catch me. no be by prayer alone, you gotta put up some healthy lifestyle mehn

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 2:44am On Dec 27, 2016
This is so, so wrong and misleading.

Talk about spreading dangerous misinformation!

smh again as to how so easy it is in Nigeria to celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 27, 2016
DanNafada:
This is so, so wrong and misleading.

Talk about spreading dangerous misinformation!

smh again as to how so easy it is in Nigeria to celebrate mediocrity.
How so? Kindly enlighten us.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by dannyville2(m): 5:46am On Dec 27, 2016
chrisxxx:
In all do 30 Chest compressions followed by 2 mouth breaths as a means of resuscitation.
AKA CPR
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 27, 2016
gensteejay:

How so? Kindly enlighten us.

I honestly don't know where to start.
However, you seem a smart chap. Look at the diagram of the three conditions very well and do some Googling.

Suffice it say that to suggest in any way that the three can be differentiated by the listed symptoms or features - or that cardiac arrest is characterised by "extreme palpitation"......
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by kandywandy23: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by jekwurufus: 9:28am On Dec 27, 2016
MAY GOD DELIVER US FROM SUCH ILLNESS, IN JESUS NAME
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by fineyemi(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by GGirll: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2017
onos217:

I have a friend with short breath. He hardly play football for five minutes before panting like someone who has been running for hours.As a result,he has to rest for a while before coming back to play again.
What could be the problem and possible solutions?
Thanks
He needs to do total cneck up, It could be a symptom of low sugar level or high cholesterol in d blood which if not checked will result in partial or full stroke, cancer n heart attack....he should check his blood sugar level,cholesterol level,BMI n ensure he works out...stop drinking n eating hunks n stick to more fruits, fishes, white mesy like chicken n Turkey without eating their skin n stop eating salt or anything white like bead,garri,fufu etc.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by onos217(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2017
GGirll:

He needs to do total cneck up, It could be a symptom of low sugar level or high cholesterol in d blood which if not checked will result in partial or full stroke, cancer n heart attack....he should check his blood sugar level,cholesterol level,BMI n ensure he works out...stop drinking n eating hunks n stick to more fruits, fishes, white mesy like chicken n Turkey without eating their skin n stop eating salt or anything white like bead,garri,fufu etc.
Thanks for the reply. However, I'm actually the person. I want to ask,where can I go for check up? Ive been to Gbagada hospital but it yielded nothing. I'm begging to think that it's one of these heart-related difficulty that has no cure but could only be managed. Or what do you think?
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by GGirll: 10:02am On Nov 30, 2017
onos217:
Thanks for the reply. However, I'm actually the person. I want to ask,where can I go for check up? Ive been to Gbagada hospital but it yielded nothing. I'm begging to think that it's one of these heart-related difficulty that has no cure but could only be managed. Or what do you think?
You can go to LUTH and again I don't want you to entertain any atom of fear cos once you accept that its cardiovascular issue d universe will make it so...first of all believe it has solution n then take action by going to LUTh for medical check up...tell them how you are feeling n do what you are told to do n then fight it spiritually too,will keep praying for you ok.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by onos217(m): 10:13am On Nov 30, 2017
GGirll:

You can go to LUTH and again I don't want you to entertain any atom of fear cos once you accept that its cardiovascular issue d universe will make it so...first of all believe it has solution n then take action by going to LUTh for medical check up...tell them how you are feeling n do what you are told to do n then fight it spiritually too,will keep praying for you ok.
GGrill,youve made my day.. Thanks and God bless you. (Amen)
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by GGirll: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2017
onos217:
GGrill,youve made my day.. Thanks and God bless you. (Amen)
Thank you sir n may God bless n keep you sir.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Searchingvictor: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
adebayo201:
lalasticlala
ishilove
seun

wink

Good evening bossman. Hope your day went well.
Pardon me for entering your space.
Please I want to solicit for 1 or 2k from you. I'm Financial handicapped right now. And feeding is problem

Please, help me
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by adebayo201: 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Searchingvictor:

Good evening bossman. Hope your day went well.
Pardon me for entering your space.
Please I want to solicit for 1 or 2k from you. I'm Financial handicapped right now. And feeding is problem

Please, help me
Well, I'm also financially 'capable' to say the least. However, send me your account details.

1 Like

Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Searchingvictor: 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
adebayo201:

Well, I'm also financially 'capable' to say the least. However, send me your account details.

Thanks boss.
Re: Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) by Searchingvictor: 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
adebayo201:

Seen boss. God will bless you greatly

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends / The Mango Seed I Accidentally Swallowed Has Been Expelled / Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.