Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58913 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
AngelicBeing:
Seun will be arrested by God Almighty Himself, His parents named him Oluwaseun, he has the seal of God upon him, he cannot run away from his maker or else he will be flogged to fall in like like Apostle Paul tongue grin grin grin
Comment of the year cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by nonjebose(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
mrmrmister:
Mark never said he believed in religion, he simply stated "I believe religion is important"
Also, He meant every damn religion in the world
Every single one of them
Not christianity in particular
And he never said he believed in any god
I don't understand why christians are having multiple orgasms over that statement

That just shows how shallow-intellectual they are
You miss the point. He was asked whether he is an atheist, and he said NO. He added that he believes religion is important. The question now is why Mr Seun feels otherwise. He gives the impression that the guy is confused, pretending or lying. His analysis opened him up for the criticism. Christians as well as other faith do not have problem proving the existence of God. They are only amused at the effort of some atheists to discredit their belief

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Polyestar(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Wait o, is Seun Osewa pained or disappointed that his mentor does not share the same irrational atheistic belief with him?

Tamuno!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Exciton(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lol. I'm an atheist but this post by Seun is embarrassing.

Also, why the hell is Mark's religion a big issue here on nairaland??

8 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Timijo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
Are you guys saying Oluwaseun Osewa is an Atheist? What I don't understand is that the meaning of his name is THANK GOD
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

Lmao there should be a new book written right about now called THE ATHEIST ZIG ZAGGING. See them giving excuses for Mark Zucky like they are his PRO when the man answered his own questions by himself. They are all trying to analyze a two letter word "NO". How can one analyze NO again pls.

what kind of delussion is this?

MZ : said i no do...
seun: why u say u no do why naw... you must have been brainwashed to say no to atheism...
lol

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
[url][/url]
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.
I think we'll getore facts later on.
Maybe he's eyeing a political position. He is well loved but even at that he wouldn't go far politically as an atheist.
Only time will tell.
He's taking a page out of bill gates "Religion is important" book. Its what's best for the company

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by missjo(f): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
AngelicBeing:
Seun will be arrested by God Almighty Himself, His parents named him Oluwaseun, he has the seal of God upon him, he cannot run away from his maker or else he will be flogged to fall in like like Apostle Paul tongue grin grin grin
He will eventually have a personal spiritual experience that will return him back to the path that was set for him at birth.

SEUN, note what I just typed.
When it happens, you will remember this day.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by wirinet(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
jmoore:
Painment of an atheist. tongue

Cry me river ogun.

Mark gave a concrete"No" and you still doubt him

Even if God comes down physically, you will still not believe.

Hearts made of stones powered by illiteracy. Most Nigerian atheists are illiterates. So I am not surprised why a simple sentence is difficult to interprete.

Wright brothers were Christians. They delivered airplane to you. There are many scientists that are Christians so you should stop making it look as if all scientists are atheists. Such assumption exposes your ignorance.

Here is a quote from Galileo who was a Christian
"The prohibition of science would be contrary to the Bible, which in hundreds of places teaches us how the greatness and the glory of God shine forth marvelously in all His works, and is to be read above all in the open book of the heavens. And let no one believe that the reading of the most exalted thoughts which are inscribed upon these pages is to be accomplished through merely staring up at the radiance of the stars. There are such profound secrets and such lofty conceptions that the night labors and the researches of hundreds and yet hundreds of the keenest minds, in investigations extending over thousands of years would not penetrate them, and the delight of the searching and finding endures forever."

Please quit that "most scientists were scientist" nonsense. For most of recorded history, only religious organizations (monasteries) ran any form of educational institution, from primary education to tertiary institution. There was nothing like public or secular education. naturally all educated people whether, scientists or others were members of religious organizations, whether Christian, Buddhist, Shinto, shaolin, or Islamic. In fact it was from Islamic universities that science and technology of ancient Greece got revived into western Europe.

You must be joking to be quoting Galileo. Galileo who was almost kill for holding a contrary view to the church that the Sun was the center of the Universe and not the earth, you expect him to write that God does not exist? He would be beheaded the very next day.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:
I pray he won't commit suicide and then they blame it on mmm
MZ don give nairaland athiest best BOXING DAY gift ever and they are dazed... athiest are like this

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:
[url][/url]
Maybe he's eyeing a political position. He is well loved but even at that he wouldn't go far politically as an atheist.
Only time will tell.
He's taking a page out of bill gates "Religion is important" book. Its what's best for the company

Uvalued see another one.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by kodded(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
Richie0974:

I'm not an Atheist, don't categorize me as such. angry
Kingebukasblog here comes the denial grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
grin see as Mark day play table tennis with This Religious folk brain....most of the Pastors in Nigeria if not 80% are Atheist so yes I understand what mark is doing here...Religion however Remains the opium of the Masses cool

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:
[url][/url]
Only time will tell.

Stages of accepting change
----------------------------------------------

1. Receipt of bad news

2. Rejection

3. Denial ( grin Your Present Stage)

4. Anger

5. Depression

6. Acceptance....

........... I understand... cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:
[url][/url]
Only time will tell.

rationalizing why he choose NO and someone is thinking all the possible plausible reason as POLITICAL... really they are dazed pained

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by AngelicBeing: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Aderola15:

Comment of the year cheesy grin cheesy
Thanks wink Seun of Nairaland cannot, l repeat cannot run away from the EVERLASTING GOD, l understand he might have gone through issues that made him despise God but Seun, the owner of Nairaland will use his website to promote, declare, and spread the everlasting gospel.

Apostle Paul was more like Seun but when God arrested him, he said to live is CHRIST and to DIE is gain, God, the everlasting infinite First Cause , from whom all things in heaven and earth proceed, can never be defined nor named.

Now, he who would gain a knowledge of the nature and attributes of the nameless and indefinable God, must first set himself from all earthly free desires, for Unless he can do this, he will be Unable to Penetrate the material veil Which is Interposed Between him and spiritual Other Those conditions into Which he would Obtain an insight grin grin cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by AngelicBeing: 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
missjo:

He will eventually have a personal spiritual experience that will return him back to the path that was set for him at birth.

SEUN, note what I just typed.
When it happens, you will remember this day.
grin grin cool
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
wirinet:

Please quit that "most scientists were scientist" nonsense. For most of recorded history, only religious organizations (monasteries) ran any form of educational institution, from primary education to tertiary institution. There was nothing like public or secular education. naturally all educated people whether, scientists or others are members of religious organizations, whether Christians, Buddhist, Shinto, shaolin, or Islamic. In fact it was from Islamic universities that science and technology of ancient Greece got revived into western Europe.

You must be joking to be quoting Galileo. Galileo who was almost kill for holding a contrary view to the church that the Sun was the center of the Universe and not the earth, you expect him to write that God does not exist? He would be beheaded the very next day.

Shattaap. He was Religious even before he became famous and remained religious after that.

It seems Mark Zucky is getting you all confused today you are all typing nonsense everywhere.

Just like i opened a thread on CHRISTIANS AND THE LEGACY OF THE SMARTPHONE you came on to quote nonsense when everyone listed there from Samuel Morse to Graham Bell were Christians.

Go and sleep and relieve yourself of this Zuckraine (Zucky Migraine).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Stages of accepting change
----------------------------------------------

1. Receipt of bad news

2. Rejection

3. Denial ( grin Your Present Stage)

4. Anger

5. Depression

6. Acceptance....

........... I understand... cool
Nah you're wrong.
I don't fully believe mark isn't an atheist, because he's been one for a very long time.
But if more facts emerge, maybe a more in depth explanation. In which he admits he's a deist or even a christian, its fine.
He's still Mark Zuckerberg.
I'm not angry now and I won't be then.
I just want the real truth to be out, whatever it is. Not a mere Facebook comment that's causing so much ruckus on nairaland
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by jmoore(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
wirinet:
[s]

Please quit that "most scientists were scientist" nonsense. For most of recorded history, only religious organizations (monasteries) ran any form of educational institution, from primary education to tertiary institution. There was nothing like public or secular education. naturally all educated people whether, scientists or others are members of religious organizations, whether Christian, Buddhist, Shinto, shaolin, or Islamic. In fact it was from Islamic universities that science and technology of ancient Greece got revived into western Europe.

You must be joking to be quoting Galileo. Galileo who was almost kill for holding a contrary view to the church that the Sun was the center of the Universe and not the earth, you expect him to write that God does not exist? He would be beheaded the very next day.[/s]
Trash!!!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:
grin see as Mark day play table tennis with This Religious folk brain....most of the Pastors in Nigeria if not 80% are Atheist so yes I understand what mark is doing here...Religion however Remains the opium of the Masses cool

See him typing before thinking as well. "MOST" of which pastors are atheists? The truth is that 90% of atheists are believers in God but just wish to deny his existence in order to further their lousy lifestyles.

Oh such glorious heartache Mark gave you guys. Now na laugh and cry una dey do.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Smellymouth: 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
Person say he nor be atheist, seun wan force am.

Kolewerk.

If you like ban me na you sabi..

7 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:

Nah you're wrong.
I don't fully believe mark isn't an atheist, because he's been one for a very long time.
But if more facts emerge, maybe a more in depth explanation. In which he admits he's a deist or even a christian, its fine.
He's still Mark Zuckerberg.
I'm not angry now and I won't be then.
I just want the real truth to be out, whatever it is. Not a mere Facebook comment that's causing so much ruckus on nairaland

Maybe he was forced at gunpoint.....

Lol...
grin dont worry the truth is coming, just wait

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
uvalued:

rationalizing why he choose NO and someone is thinking all the possible plausible reason as POLITICAL... really they are dazed pained
A simple no won't do.
He's been too long a public atheist for him to just say no. And that's that.
That's why I chose to see what more time will present to us.
Whether he be an atheist or not.
Life goes on
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Harmony10: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
krattoss:
that's one funny fact peeps fail to understand... anybody can lie to protect his or her interest best known to him or her.

Whether he lied or not it's not the case. He clearly showed that it is a force he can't stop. He may not be a christian but he is clearly not an atheist.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by kristian98(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
Edenoscar:

All i want is proof that the invicible being exist, is that too much to ask
law of biogenesis states that "life come from a life giver"
"creation comes from a creator"

I can give you only those two to ponder upon. if you're an atheist, i wouldn't blame you because you have every right to believe so.
i have gone through many experience in my life even as at now to make me think that there is no God. But deep within me i know that is a blatant lie. Truly there is a God. The one who created us. Come to think of how humans were formed with so much diversity in race, colour, belief and culture. science holds no theoretical explanations on all of this. i am currently agnostic but am trying to gather spiritual strength to put me back in my line of christianity. Pls think carefully on your decision about being a theist or an atheist because truly there is a potter behind a clay pot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
Smellymouth:
Person say he nor be atheist, seun wan force am.

Kolewerk.

If you like ban me na you sabi..

grin you dey see wetin I dey see

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:

A simple no won't do.
He's been too long a public atheist for him to just say no. And that's that.
That's why I chose to see what more time will present to us.
Whether he be an atheist or not.
Life goes on

QUESTION: ARE YOU AN ATHEIST

MZ: NO

What part of No is a mystery to you? Is it that it was spoken in English?

NO means NO or does NO sound like MAYBE or PERHAPS or HOPEFULLY or I DON'T KNOW to you? He said NO NO NO.

See you trying to grow a second brain in an attempt to analyze his NO. Are you his PRO?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Smellymouth: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
ellacute45:

grin you dey see wetin I dey see

I can see it clearly.. cheesy
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by JhyMedex: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

what kind of delussion is this?

Seriously... U, talking abt excuses n delusions...
Wen ur whole belief system is sitted on dis two?..
Deluding urselves abt getting burned or singing nonstop after life n Finding excuses for y a prophet will order bears to maul children to death...

C'mon say sth else.. If u tryna feel intelligent...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Maybe he was forced at gunpoint.....

Lol...
grin dont worry the truth is coming, just wait
And when it does I will accept it no matter what.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
See Atheists trying so hard to do Damage control. Even Seun has thrown in his Quota of Damage control like

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / First Customized Church In Built In Benue State (Photos) / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.