Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? (949 Views)

Interested In Starting A Business With #4,000 With Incredible Returns? / Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria / I Need Help In Starting Weavon And Attachments Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by Diamondwriter(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hi all. There have been so much buzz about 2017 being the year for online entrepreneurs and so I have thought it nice to bring forward my idea of creating an ecommerce site.
I am seeking like minds to join me in this journey. Maybe 5-10 persons?
let's talk....

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by dingbang(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lol trust me, u will hammer as long as it is online.
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by Diamondwriter(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
dingbang:
Lol trust me, u will hammer as long as it is online.
am counting on it. cheers bro
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by funloaded: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
Bro.... My opinion. Don't sell books, let users publish notes then people can read and Like(no comments). Selling a book only won't be that great, I'm a web developer so I'm speaking to u as a web consultant. Using an example, Naijasinglegirl's 29SN book on konga was sold just 30times( checked a week ago). Though its costly(3k). Another thing is that setting an e-commerce website requires capital(ads, office, staffs) if you're going to sell via pdf( it will save you the cost of getting a delivery truck). It takes time for users to trust e commerce websites especially when you're new(passion will drive you through)....
Breaking it down, if you have a huge capital, passion, get a good web developer, and you can wait for people to trust your services then you're good to go, else set up a website that people post sef written notes
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by Diamondwriter(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2016
funloaded:
Bro.... My opinion. Don't sell books, let users publish notes then people can read and Like(no comments). Selling a book only won't be that great, I'm a web developer so I'm speaking to u as a web consultant. Using an example, Naijasinglegirl's 29SN book on konga was sold just 30times( checked a week ago). Though its costly(3k). Another thing is that setting an e-commerce website requires capital(ads, office, staffs) if you're going to sell via pdf( it will save you the cost of getting a delivery truck). It takes time for users to trust e commerce websites especially when you're new(passion will drive you through)....
Breaking it down, if you have a huge capital, passion, get a good web developer, and you can wait for people to trust your services then you're good to go, else set up a website that people post sef written notes
I kinda wanted to incorporate that idea too. I might just do it singly now.
You say you are a web developer, can u work on something like it?
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by Naijasinglegirl: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2016
funloaded:

That '30 copies' is the third product batch in Konga which has been there since 29th November and the first two batches sold 189 on konga between May to November ending. Stop making assumptions from the surface. Why did all my hard copies go then? Selling a book is great!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by funloaded: 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

That '30 copies' is the third product batch in Konga which has been there since 29th November and the first two batches sold 189 on konga between May to November ending. Stop making assumptions from the surface. Why did all my hard copies go then? Selling a book is great!!!
woow nsg.... I'm a fan of your blog. That book is awesome, I bought it for my mum 2weeks ago(that's when I saw 30copies sold)
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by funloaded: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
Diamondwriter:

I kinda wanted to incorporate that idea too. I might just do it singly now.
You say you are a web developer, can u work on something like it?
busy fingers, I can hook you up with web devs - 08104422662(whatsapp please)
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by Naijasinglegirl: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2016
funloaded:
woow nsg.... I'm a fan of your blog. That book is awesome, I bought it for my mum 2weeks ago(that's when I saw 30copies sold)
Thank you smiley
Re: Who Is Interested In Starting Up A Book Ecommerce Site? by Wiseracre(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2016
I'm interested. Whatsapp me 09076776406

(1) (Reply)

Hey Friends I Convert Any Itunes, Vanilla, Amazon And Visa Gift Card. E.T.C... / FREE E-BOOK: Youwin Connect 2017 Application Question And Answer Explanation / Please And Please I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.