Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? (12323 Views)

Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? / List Of State Universities In Nigeria / Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by hernandson(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2016
Well ppl are lazy,so they see it as awuf and they go 4 it
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by jamace(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2016
Even the lecturers are not worthy in character and learning. Corruption breeds corruption. So sad. sad sad

Certificate in Nigeria has become pure water!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by proffemi: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2016
STILESGANG:
I have 3 different friends in 3 different state universities and they tell me about how they have to sort before passing courses in their schools.What type of graduates are these schools grooming?

What is sorting?
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by seguno2: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2016
martineverest:
dats y u have so many educated illiterates in nairaland..they are all products of sorting aka 'blocking'

..... and that is why we voted an illiterate despite his track record of being a serial failure.
We are all enjoying the CHANGE to economic recession as a result of our collective sorting and foolishness.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by intergral(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2016
Yinkagbo:

You are correct. My friend paid our hod 250k to clear about 22courses he failed,and guess what?he graduated with second class upper that I used 6years to struggle for.it happens in federal institutions as well,but common in state universities.
i don't know of the south but up here in the north state uni are like hell.... When such a thing is done here it spreads like the legs of nowadays girls.. . B4 u know it the lecture will be sacked!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by OgahBohz: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2016
it's happening in all schools .. pry school sec school, both federal Nd state.... n dts y we have graduates tht can't spell their own names. ...

the result is what u get at executive Nd legislative arm of govt....
unfortunately the judiciary is joining the league. ...

else how can someone say. " the money spended had been spended..."...

the annoying part is these types of graduates are d ones ruling the school. I.e the SUG cabals etc....

may God help us

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by seguno2: 7:32am On Dec 27, 2016
AceLove:
I think it's a problem in government schools, made rampant by a combination of several factors like quality of lecturers, teaching facilities, number of students, laziness on the part of students and something I just call Nigerian factor.

The last point is something we notice in almost every Nigerian affair. That something seems to eternally frustrate anyone trying to do the right thing, making sure nothing works in our system.

That something no be magic oh.
It is just that those who want to do the right thing do not seek out others who may also want to do the right thing and form a coalition that sensitises others why doing what is right will help all of us in the long run.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by chessguru(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2016
MMM Nigeria is real
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Darvel(m): 7:35am On Dec 27, 2016
my school? sort.. I haven't heard if sort sef.. u go trad until u pass am except d lecturer wan pity u give u D.. in my school no E sef... as in ehn.. dem strict die.. chemistry dept.. are d worse.. dem no get human sympathy..
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by passyhansome(m): 7:41am On Dec 27, 2016
Yinkagbo:

You are correct. My friend paid our hod 250k to clear about 22courses he failed,and guess what?he graduated with second class upper that I used 6years to struggle for.it happens in federal institutions as well,but common in state universities.

Our Education sector needs help, its deteriorating, and needs urgent restructuring and revival.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by samsard(m): 7:44am On Dec 27, 2016
DeRay98:
Op., you asked a valid question but lots of Nig folks here are of the generation of " Lecturers sorters and blockers", not merit believing hence, only a few will answer you.
Most states schools were created for political reasons and admissions are generally based on connections, blocking, sorting and money power. So, if these brought you in, survival is also by sorting.
Lots of young Nig folks think education is about certificates and such states school accentuates that terrible mentality. All you get from such system is "Beans graduates " nothing in their brain.
I wonder what makes the op think it's only state schools that sort. I know of people that "sort" in University of Abuja (which is a federal university). I attended a state university and I don't remember "sorting" any Lecturer to pass my courses. They made sure to warn us that any students that pays money to any intermediary is wasting his time and that was reiterated several times. Only lazy students bring up that excuse.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by spencekat(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2016
Even in Federal universities.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by STILESGANG: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2016
samsard:
I wonder what makes the op think it's only state schools that sort. I know of people that "sort" in University of Abuja (which is a federal university). I attended a state university and I don't remember "sorting" any Lecturer to pass my courses. They made sure to warn us that any students that pays money to any intermediary is wasting his time and that was reiterated several times. Only lazy students bring up that excuse.
I graduated from a top federal university and I had to struggle and read for my grades,never had of sorting being done in the school and am sure this goes for every other first generation federal uni.And everyone knows uniabuja is a shitty school.

But these states school are something else entirely.,the lecturers telling the students to pay btwn 5k to 7k to get an A.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Eleniyan15: 8:24am On Dec 27, 2016
Gbam,not all state uni but I believe it mostly rampant in federal uni
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by musicwriter(m): 8:28am On Dec 27, 2016
STILESGANG:
I have 3 different friends in 3 different state universities and they tell me about how they have to sort before passing courses in their schools.What type of graduates are these schools grooming?

Corruption!, corruption!!, corruption!!!.

Another name for Nigeria is corruption. Its in every nook and cranny.

You're talking about universities? Why not begin from sorting in secondary schools?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by samsard(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2016
STILESGANG:
I graduated from a top federal university and I had to struggle and read for my grades,never had of sorting being done in the school and am sure this goes for every other first generation federal uni.And everyone knows uniabuja is a shitty school.

But these states school are something else entirely.,the lecturers telling the students to pay btwn 5k to 7k to get an A.
Sad thing, but I didn't experience that all through my undergraduate days, although I heard snippets of such from friends but it was generally isolated cases and not the norm. I used to think that - that only happens in polytechnics and COEs. In my school, I think where the problem comes in mostly, is with the lecturers that hand over their students scripts to students and young graduates for marking. Anyway, it's a sad thing that every aspect of Nigerian life and economy has to be infused with the 'Nigerian factor'.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Emmaesty(f): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2016
Yinkagbo:

Hmmmmmm.... I smell lies
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Emirys001(m): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2016
[/color] undecided undecided[color=#770077]
Who told U is only state university dey sort, Federal University are facing more sorting pass.
Can u believe it recently one of my lecture ask me to buy 1mundu of sugar for him so that he can collect my assignment and wrote down my name in his attendance sheet.......Oh God what a useless man
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2016
free2ryhme:

sorting are for those who dont read their books

If you read your books and sure of your grade you wont need to sort

Are you expecting an applause?

Gerarahia!
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Chukazu: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
#mindset!

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2016
Darvel:
my school? sort.. I haven't heard if sort sef.. u go trad until u pass am except d lecturer wan pity u give u D.. in my school no E sef... as in ehn.. dem strict die.. chemistry dept.. are d worse.. dem no get human sympathy..

I can bet my Father's pension; this guy is a chronic "Sorter".

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Godsknight(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2016
STILESGANG:

my brother, our educational system has plunged into a deep morass. Sorting in our schools is a national problem. Sorting/blocking is rampant in federal universities , but depends on departments. The rate of sorting/blocking In sciences is not as high as we ve it in mgt sciences and art.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Yinkagbo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
Emmaesty:
Hmmmmmm.... I smell lies

My dear,better believe it......he didn't write any exams in 400level add it to some courses he failed in 100,200 and 300 plus 500level....
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Electroweb(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
Sorting is a serious problem in this country. I just pray that those in the school of medicine don't sort too.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Darvel(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
iamadonis2:

I can bet my Father's pension; this guy is a chronic "Sorter".
guy I swear.. not lying.. ah swear.. No need to argue
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Priceless830(m): 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
Because the power of corruption is excess and controversially ruling among the victims...... Mental slavery.... In the nearest future.... We will have educated fools and hoodlums
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by AlphaStyles(m): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
fast forward to this current year and its still rampant
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by edoairways: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
seunfape:
Because state universities do not get controlled by strong authority unlike fed uni
That is a big fat lie. State universities are controlled by NUC.
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by edoairways: 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
STILESGANG:

Even in that school of yours, they sort lecturers. As far such school exist in Nigeria, sorting is bound to occur. Let me shock, the most strict lecturers are main suspect in the menace
Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Feelings79: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
DeRay98:
Op., you asked a valid question but lots of Nig folks here are of the generation of " Lecturers sorters and blockers", not merit believing hence, only a few will answer you.
Most states schools were created for political reasons and admissions are generally based on connections, blocking, sorting and money power. So, if these brought you in, survival is also by sorting.
Lots of young Nig folks think education is about certificates and such states school accentuates that terrible mentality. All you get from such system is "Beans graduates " nothing in their brain.
You are very correct.These were mostly created by the states to accommodate their idigenes who cannot compete for federal universities, other wise dull ones.Hence sorting is rampant.I'm an ABU graduate where sorting is unthinkable while sorting is the order of the day at kaduna state University

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sorting So Rampant In State Universities? by Feelings79: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Feelings79:
You are very correct.These were mostly created by the states to accommodate their idigenes who cannot compete for federal universities, other wise dull ones.Hence sorting is rampant.I'm an ABU student where sorting is unthinkable while sorting is the order of the day at kaduna state University

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did You Carry Your School Bag Then? / WAEC Releases 91.38% Of 2013/2014 May/june Examination Results / Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.