Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,681 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

: Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / : Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: (1471 Views)

He Wants More Children / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

: Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: by newakata(f): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
Please consider this situtation of a very close personal friend of mine and offer your reasonable input.

During the first 2 pregnancies tmy friend (the wife) gained a lot of weight and suffered depression for a year or two AFTER each birth. She is predisposed to post-partum depression. The couple decided that since they had one boy and one girl- their family was perfect. In actuality- neither of them could bear the wife gaining any more weight - or suffering any more depression. TAlso, the marriage was in jeopardy for years because of her inabilility to lose weight after having babies.

So the cheapest and safest and most agreeable birth control was that the husband have a vasectomy to prevent any future pregnancies. (she had severe bad reactions to birth control pills, patches, and shots)

Now 6 years later, both husband and wife are longing for another child, but cannot afford the operation to reverse the husband's vasectomy. She is still fertile, and in fact has lost weight and is a total hot babe again.

Husband occassionally blames her for convincing him to have the procedure done. No one in his family knows about the procedure - because he and family are Nigerian - he can never tell them that he did this. However, they are the only ones that might be able to give financial assistance to reverse the procedure. Her american family knows about the vasectomy but aren't able to contribute financially.

The wife is feeling like maybe she should sleep with someone to get pregnant- and as they are both people of faith - hopes that the husband will believe God ansewred their prayer for a new bundle of joy. OCCASSONALLY-- MEN STILL DO IMPREGNATE WOMEN YEARS AFTER THEIR PROCEDURE is DONE.

What should the couple do in this case. They made a permanent decision that they now regret - and they really want more children.

A- Should he go to his family and explain everything, but risk the wife being shunned and rejected for imposing a vasectomy- which as the American, she will get the blame for.?

B- Should she confide in 1 of his male family members and ask him to try and impregnante her? that way the baby has high probability of looking like the husband?

C- Should they just give up hope of having any more children. Besides, she might gain weight again, or suffer depression again anyways?

D- Some other unexplored option?
Re: : Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: by coolier(f): 8:58am On Nov 19, 2009
newakata:

[b]

A- Should he go to his family and explain everything, but risk the wife being shunned and rejected for imposing a vasectomy- which as the American, she will get the blame for.?

Nah which one concern his family?

They should look at the option of adoption.
Re: : Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: by beknown(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
The options A, B and C have negative connotation for the future. It will be unreasonable to introduce another mistake in the process of solving the first mistake.

Any good solution will cost money, there is no doubt about that.

The location of this couple will determine the solution to their current problem.

If these couple are in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and other developed countries, they should see a Doctor to reverse the procedure. The expense is not a big one in any of these countries. In fact, in the UK, it can be reversed freely through the NHS (National Health Service). In the USA and Canada, check with health insurance provider. Its free in Europe countries for citizens following local treatment channels.

If this couple is in Nigeria, I am very limited in my recommendation. However, experts in Hungary and India provides surgical operation to that effect.

I will strongly recommend a reverse operation for the vasectomy as the best solution for the present and future reality.

If you tell me the location of the couple, I will help to investigate a good hospital for the procedure.
Re: : Had Surgery To Prevent Pregnancy - Now Couple Wants More Kids: by beknown(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
The UK has private clinics where vasectomy can be reversed for £1500 to £3000. See the following links:

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/hospitaltreatment/find-a-treatment/infertility-treatment/vasectomy-reversal/

It is free in the UK if done through the local National Health Service (NHS).

The cost in other countries are in the following link:

http://www.treatmentabroad.net/cost/surgery-abroad-cost/vasectomy-reversal/

(1) (Reply)

The Feelings Keep Coming. Help Me, I Do Not Know What To Do / Is This A Trap? Please Help! / What Do U Do If You Find Out That Your Mom Is Cheating On Your Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.