Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story (10490 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Anthony Anenih Son Dies Of Heart Attack While Playing Lawn Tennis / Eugene Anenih Slumps And Dies Of Heart Attack (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by AnnaKareninaFan: 7:03am On Dec 27, 2016
He is a former minister, and a former chairman of the Board of Trustees of People’s Democratic Party(PDP). Chief Anthony Anenih has been instrumental to the making of Nigerian presidents, and governors. Recently, he launched his memoir titled My Life and Nigerian Politics in Abuja. In the memoir, the elder statesman also known as ‘Mr. Fix It’ revealed his success story. In Chapter 1 of the memoir titled ‘Far From The Madding Crowd’, the 84-year-old Esan chief revealed that, ” I grew up in Uzenema and only left the village after spending two years in the Government Primary School at Uromi.

“At this time, I had to leave the village to stay with one teacher, Mr. Ojeikhodion from Sabongidda-Ora in Owan East Local Government Area of Edo State who was teaching at the Government School. I lived with him and served him as his houseboy while he paid my school fees because my parents could not afford my school fees. At the Uromi Government School, particularly after I moved from Arue to Uromi to stay with Mr. Ojeikhodion, I began to miss the motherly care and tender treatment of my parents in Arue but I wanted to be educated.

“Staying behind in Arue with my parents meant going with them to the farm. I might have been a farmer today. For me, it was a blessing to Nigeria, both of which have benefitted through my service to the nation, primarily as an educated person. A village farmer in this community would certainly not have been where I am today and would possibly not have made the same impact.”

Anenih was instrumental to the making of about four presidents: NPN’s Shehu Shagari; SDP’s MKO Abiola; PDP’s Olusegun Obasanjo; and governors of old Bendel, and Edo States: NPN’s Samuel Ogbemudia; PDP’s Lucky Igbinedion. On his legacy, Anenih says, “I can rightly, therefore, claim that in Nigerian politics, I have largely been a kingmaker, not the king, my leadership roles in the various political parties notwithstanding. I have been an organizer, an energizer, a mobiliser, a motivator, a schemer, a strategist, a planner and, quite often, a provider."

http://dawntodusknews.com/served-houseboy-later-became-kingmaker-nigeria-ex-minister-anthony-anenih-success-story/

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by realGURU(m): 7:07am On Dec 27, 2016
no body knows tommorrow, your background does not etermine your success in life

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by osaslord500(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
and you ended up a failed politician

For those asking me how is he a failed politician, go and ask Oshoimole grin

14 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Okaakoko(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
every man has a story to tell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by tzargeemedia: 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
Good for you
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by ebene4nija: 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
hmmm
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by johnpaulo(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
And so,how will this make me travel village go see my people.
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
This just confirms to me my theory about African kleptomaniacs. One common factor is that they come from very poor homes. Because of poverty the steal in the most voracious manner with intense trepidation to never return back to poverty. From GEJ to Atiku to now Anenih it is very evident.

I wonder what stupid story this man is writing in his book? He stole billions in public funds from the NPA to leverage political influence? Is that the story? Again,, for thieves to come and write autobiographies to "inspire" others, show without a doubt, that Nigeria is indeed a failed nation!

-CramJones

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
......& so? Are u d first nor d last to serve in that capacity? Who u epp?

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by HartIse(m): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Annenih, Old pussy cat
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
So what? Everyone has a 'hustling for survival' past. Except for those born and bred with silver spoon and pot

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by chiefengr: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2016
wow.. kudos..
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by martineverest(m): 7:13am On Dec 27, 2016
and u decided to loot the masses,so that everyone would be relegated to houseboy level?

Its actually those politicians from poor background that loot the most

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by iyallancy84: 7:13am On Dec 27, 2016
mr fix sir,how has ur poor background helped the needy n destitudes in ur state.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 27, 2016
Still u played politics with the life of poor masses

Anyway so did the shoeless one

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Zaheertyler(m): 7:14am On Dec 27, 2016
osaslord500:

no offense tho....but I think you have a problem..ancestral one

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by DrRasheed: 7:15am On Dec 27, 2016
Hahaha... Must you lie ? Politicians and lie be like... (I lost the pic)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Corrinthians(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2016
I doubt i could ever derive any inspiration from this old crook who should simply quietly go into retirement.
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Atiku2019: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2016
Life is Unpredictable that's why I treat everyone around me like a brother or sister wink

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Vickiweezy(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2016
This story na campaign strategy, another means to push his name up and keep it in the spotlight. undecided
Shebi GEJ own b4 na "I had no shoes"
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Marcofranz(m): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2016
osaslord500:
What's your definition of a failed politician? Cos the anenih I know is still much involved in politics as a matter of fact he is still a chieftain in PDP.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Pavore9: 7:19am On Dec 27, 2016
It does in no way inspire me!
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Nedu1982(f): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2016
Legendary hustler
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by osaslord500(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2016
Zaheertyler:

no offense tho....but I think you have a problem..ancestral one

undecided
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Ehins22(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2016
grin
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Efewestern: 7:25am On Dec 27, 2016
cramjones:
This just confirms to me my theory about African kleptomaniacs. One common factor is that they come from very poor homes. Because of poverty the steal in the most voracious manner with intense trepidation to never return back to poverty. From GEJ to Atiku to now Anenih it is very evident.

I wonder what stupid story this man is writing in his book? He stole billions in public funds from the NPA to leverage political influence? Is that the story? Again,, for thieves to come and write autobiographies to "inspire" others, show without a doubt, that Nigeria is indeed a failed nation!

-CramJones

Must you accuse GEJ, is buhari innocent ?, Isn't he a criminal too?, you just spoilt wat you just type.. Buhari , tinubu, Osinbanjo are all criminals GEJ and his crook ain't left out

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by lacasera14(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2016
Everyone once did. even davido.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Assskate: 7:32am On Dec 27, 2016
osaslord500:
Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by royalemperors: 7:32am On Dec 27, 2016
Marcofranz:

What's your definition of a failed politician? Cos the anenih I know is still much involved in politics as a matter of fact he is still a chieftain in PDP.

Which Anenih do you know?
the anenih I know isn't just from same LG with me but also from same village, him and my dad grew up together and are familiar with another and they both serve this country through NPF, this Anenih I talk about ended up a failed politician, mostly in Edo State, no thanks to Adams Oshiomole.

So I concur with @osaslord500 that he ended up a failed politician.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Served As A Houseboy’ – Ex-Minister, Anthony Anenih On His Success Story by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 27, 2016
lacasera14:
Everyone once did. even davido.
this sure is funny, even those that had washing machines and gas cookers in their houses will still be claiming streets, as for anenih, we have not forgotten the role he played to milk us dry during the lucky era, he sure is one of the polithiefians that has wrecked this country

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visitors Killed In Kuje Prison GRAPHIC PICS / Governor Shettima Hosts Yakubu Gowon (Photos) / Saraki, Dogara’s ‘coup’ Won’t Happen Again – Presidency Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.