Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha (614 Views)

Obasanjo: It’s Not Yet Ripe To Say If I’ll Support Buhari For Second Term / Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G / Umahi Bags 2016 Zik Prize For Leadership In Good Governance Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by divinehand2003(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2016
Imo state governor Rochas Okorocha has identified ethnicity and bigotry as serious issues in the country’s political landscape.
Okorocha, who said this as part of his Christmas goodwill message released by his Chief Press Secretary Sam Onwuemeodor, noted that as a result of the deep-rooted ethnicity and religious bigotry in the country, the present leaders cannot afford to hand over power to the youths.
Okorocha said for the present generation of youths to have a shot at leadership roles in the country “they need to be well-groomed by the present leaders.”
“What Nigerians, the leaders in particular, need to do now is to unite and begin to build a country of our collective dreams and aspirations.
“The leaders cannot afford to hand over to the next generation what we have at the moment as a nation, in which ethnicity, religious bigotry and zoning of political offices are still the order of the day.
“Nigerians must endeavour to hand over to the next generation, a united and prosperous nation, all the ethnic and religious groups can be proud of.”
On the current economic meltdown, Okorocha called on Nigerians to accept the situation as a national challenge.
He said: “Nigerians especially the leaders should appreciate themselves and see the current recession as a national challenge.”
“Christians in the state in particular to pray more than they had never done before, for the good of the state and her people.”
Recall that Governor Okorocha had recently blamed what he described as lack of peace among past leaders as the major cause for discord among Nigerians.

http://sunnewsonline.com/nigerian-youths-not-yet-ripe-for-leadership-okorocha/

Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by modestofynest(m): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2016
A think if i say make thunder fire rocha nw them go say i no get respect 4 elders, so make we leave position 4 men like audu ogbeh and lai mohammed abi, pls sumbdy shud gve the govenor his meds

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by Khd95(m): 7:27am On Dec 27, 2016
Okoroawusa

Rather our current leaders are to old,greedy,dead brain,myopic to lead this current generation.

If u dont allow our youths to start practicing leadership by puting them in certain leardership positions,how would they be ripe for leadership

How can a 65 yr old man be minister of youth,ehn
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2016
keep ruling and die no more
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by jtjohn(m): 7:31am On Dec 27, 2016
I don't blame Him I blame the youth who fight for all this politicians.....The old men are born to Rule while the youth are use as political thugs.....
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by AdeniyiA(m): 7:34am On Dec 27, 2016
U mean they are not yet as corrupt as you're or they have not yet emancipate themselves from the poverty you unleash on them ,so no time to think of positions when they're still thinking about how to make ends meet...undecided
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by BlackDBagba: 7:38am On Dec 27, 2016
May it be onto your family as you have wished others.
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by dunkem21(m): 7:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Oga, no allow me insult you this early morning ..

Give me your state to govern and you'll know that you an old man with expired ideas.

Rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:49am On Dec 27, 2016
watch how omenka and dropshots defend their king...
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by ajebuter(f): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2016
What else is this governor shacking apart from owerri weed and daura burukutu?
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by eminikansoso(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Not only Nigeria youths but all Nigerians because corruption, tribalism and religions are our greatest problems
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by maimalari: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Fake news. Fake headline. What okorocha wish for his children who is his next generation is the truth.
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by mbaboy(m): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Rochas needs deliverance.....the slap the ghost gave him sometime ago is still affecting him undecided lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Youths Not Yet Ripe For Leadership - Okorocha by Babe2sure(f): 7:57am On Dec 27, 2016
The governor goofed big time in his so called "christmas goodwill message." What load of gibberish? This is so nonsensical!

I expect the people he sent the message to, specifically the youth, to ask him when they will be ripe for leadership.

(1) (Reply)

''buhari Is Fighting Corruption With A Clear Strategy'' - Lai Mohammed / How Security Operative Accidentally Shot Aso Rock's Caterer — Presidency / PMB's Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari Summons Arik MD 4 Abandoning Passengers 4 48hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.